“Great location, great price!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
10% Off Room Rate!
Ranked #35 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Burns Lake, Canada
“Great location, great price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The hotel room was larger than expected, the beds were comfortable, and the location was exceptional! The staff was very pleasant and efficient. I would not hesitate to stay at this hotel on our next trip to Disneyland.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Fairfield, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Yes, this place is definitely a bargain but you get EXACTLY what you pay for.

Our room wasn't ready upon arrival, which was fine. We ended up waiting a half an hour or so & then we finally went up. They must have REALLY getting our room prepared. Upon entering, there was a musty kind of smell so we propped the door open a little until it got a little better. Our bed sheets were DIRTY!!! All they did was make the bed without replacing anything. We notified front desk & they came to change it a few hours later when we left to explore a little.

We asked for a crib which was also in our room when we got back. Didn't even bother to put my kid in it because it was so damn dirty. I know this because to test it out, I grabbed one of his baby wipes and wiped the top a little. The baby wipe turned a dirty grey.

No elevator, so if you have a stroller or young ones, definitely ask for a downstairs room. It was such a hassle trying to carry our little boy up and down the stairs in the heat after a long day at the park.

Breakfast ends at 9, which sucks because thats usually the time we headed outside of our room after getting ready. Luckily, there's an ihop and denny's literally two minutes away.

Our room was placed near the pool, bad bad bad bad idea to not ask for a different room. Running and screaming wet kids running up and down the walkway when my son is trying to sleep is not good..

Oh, and to top it all off. When we were packing up our stuff to leave, we checked under the bed to see if there were any toys that may have rolled under. THERE WERE DIRTY SOCKS & EASTER EGGS WITH CANDY IN IT UNDER THE BED !!!! (Keep in mind, we went in SEPTEMBER) Grossssss...

I would never stay in this hotel again & I would never ever recommend this place to anyone. I've been doing quite the opposite and telling everyone NOT to go here. I'm going back to the parks sometime in October this year, & you can guarantee I won't be staying anywhere near this hotel.

Room Tip: If you decide to stay here, which you shouldn't, stay away from the pool, get a downstairs room...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Wow was I impressed! Many hotels claim to be 'across the street' from Disneyland, but this one really is! From our hotel room we could walk to the Disney gates in 5 minutes!

The room was a little dated, but it was BIG and CLEAN...to me, those things are more important than fancy paint colors on the walls.

My kids loved the towels folded as elephants and sea shells :)

There were only two things I wasn't overly impressed with... the first being that the fan in the bathroom turned on automatically with the bathroom light. I know, not serious, but just kind of annoying.

The second was the free breakfast. The room was tiny, and it felt like a carb overload. For some people this is okay, but I would have loved some eggs!! They offered bread for toast, croissants, muffins, doughnuts, toastable waffles, a few cereals, oranges, and mabey a few more little things. We just picked up a box of Cheerios to keep in our room, and my husband would go down and get fresh milk from the breakfast room. I'm not complaining about the breakfast, it just wasnt for us. The location definitely outweighs the breakfast! :)

Please stay here, you won't regret it!

• Stayed January 2013
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The Del Sol is a small, quaint motel – which is our preference. We stayed in a room with two queen beds and a bunk bed. Plenty of room for everyone. The décor is very nice. It is located right across the street to the entrance of Disneyland, which makes it very convenient! It has a small pool and hot tub. And they do offer a typical breakfast. The rooms were quiet and the beds comfortable. They do charge extra for parking and the use of the safe. But if you add up the costs, it is comparable to the other motels in the area. Overall, this was a very pleasant place to stay. We will definitely stay here on our next trip to Disneyland.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Gary, MN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

We stayed in Dec. 2012 for 3 days. The price was higher when we checked in than what we reserved for. We were in the back and it poorly lit. Walls were extremely thin and we had to listen to a door slamming contest the first night. The breakfast was not deluxe by any means. Cheap small rolls, some fresh fruit (a couple of pieces at a time), so so coffee and orange juice. When they brought out container of rolls it was already picked through by staff. Tried to dipute the bill but only the manager could deal with it and the manager was never in every time I stopped at the office. Location was great but there are other hotels and we will stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Temecula, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We had looked around the area for an affordable yet clean hotel during our trips to Disneyland. We tend to stay overnight at least once a month in the area. We had stayed in several of the neighboring hotels and found them to be acceptable. In December of 2102 I booked several rooms at the Del Sol Inn for our family. I was very pleased with the staff during our check in process, who made us feel welcome. They were also very accommodating with our large group. The rooms are large and clean. The parking is good and the pool is very nice. Over all I have returned to the Del Sol Inn twice more and plan to us this as our favorite area hotel. I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

Room Tip: Traveling with children get the bunk bed rooms.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My friend and I met here this past weekend for the Tinkerbell Half Marathon weekend. When it says it is right across the street, it means it. We had to walk less than a block to the cross walk to the Parks. The Denny's is right there, Coldstone Creamery is next door, and IHOP and a King's Buffett are right at the stoplight to cross the street. If you wanted to walk a bit further, you could get to McDonald's and other eateries. For racers, it is about a 15 min walk from the hotel to the start area of the race, or the Expo. To me, by not staying at a Disney hotel, I saved 100s of dollars a night.

From the day we got there, the service was excellent, and Loretta was by far the sweetest employee I met, answering questions and helping us whenever we needed it. My friend picked me up from the airport, and they even allowed her to park her car in the parking lot for an hour while we grabbed dinner before we parted ways. We received two yummy cookies upon check-in and their 24 hour service was nice for when we had to get up early for our races both mornings and catch flights.

The beds were comfy, the rooms spacious (and trust me when you are getting ready for a race, the extra space to lay out your gear was amazing!) The water pressure was always great, and the water warm and the rooms were clean. We were never bothered by noise- but we were in a corner room. Although the continental breakfast was not anything to write home about, they did have ice cold milk, cereal, and donuts.

The only thing I would have lowered the rating on was 1. The internet service, but I was not there to use internet, so it did not bother me to not have great reception and 2. They charged me for the safe, but when I mentioned I did not use it- they took it right off (again great service).
So in my book, It was an excellent stay. We slept well when we did sleep, we never bumped elbows, and had plenty of places o spread out our race gear and days goodies.

Room Tip: Bring your own hangers (not many in room) Be sure to tell them you do NOT want safe ahead of time...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Been to Anaheim Del Sol Inn? Share your experiences!