“Great location...and that's about it.” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
10% Off Room Rate!
Ranked #31 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
Orlando, Florida
“Great location...and that's about it.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

Checked in here last week for two nights. Booked in advance a two queen bed room for myself, husband, and five year old daughter. Our normal hotel we stay at in Anaheim was sold out already (close to Thanksgiving) so we went with the Del Sol Inn since it's also equally close to the park.

And that's the best part. You can walk to the parks in about five minutes even if you just miss the light to cross Harbor Blvd.!

When checking in I was greeted the following way:

"Hi, can I help you?"
"Yes, I have a reservation, <<insert name here>>"
"Oh, I've been dreading you all night."
"Um, ok..."
"Yeah, we don't have any more two bed rooms, so I have to give you a king with a roll-away, but don't worry, we won't charge you for the roll-away."
"Really? It's only 8pm and I made this reservation months ago?"
"Sorry."

So then we go to park and of course there's no parking. We're assured that Valet is free, but you have to tip.

The room is okay. Clean, up to date, AC/Heat worked fine.

The roll-away arrives and it's horrible. My five year old refused to sleep on it and I didn't blame her one bit, it was really lumpy in some areas and hard in others, so then we shared a bed for two nights.

Free Wifi wasn't consistent, but worked okay about 75% of the time.

We didn't try the breakfast.

All the hotels in this area have noise issues so I'm not knocking them at all for that.

It was nice to have a fridge in the room.

That's about it. I mean, I'd stay here again if I had to, but I'd rather go back to one of the other properties on Harbor that at least had enough parking and gave me the room I reserved.

408 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed at this hotel becuase of the price and location next to Disneyland. If you don't care about your back, by all means, stay here. They have the absolute worst matresses in the rooms. After walking all day in the parks for 12+ hours the last thing we needed was rocks for a bed. The room was pretty clean with beds to sleep 6. But all the matresses, including the bunk beds, were terrible. Spen the extra money and stay at another hotel on Harbor Blvd.

Room Tip: Do not stay next to the pool. Way to loud and your kids won't sleep.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Aiea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Stayed a week for a little less than $90 a night. The room(s) were clean and comfortable. The decor was easy on the eyes and new. The beds were a little firm but comfortable. Slept great! Bathroom was very clean, a little tiny, but functional. There was a hairdryer and large countertops. Microwave small, but clean and worked great. Individual wrapped plastic cups for drinks provided. Large tv with clean remote. A/C was quiet. Shutter window shades, not drapes. Room smelled clean and carpet was clean. The staff was kind and concerned about making our stay relaxing and enjoyable. They answered any questions politely and completely. They were very prompt to address any concerns we had. The evenings were quiet, no startling noises. The complimentary breakfast was great to start our day with, toast, waffles, jam, cereal/milk, doughnuts, crossants, coffee, tea/hot water, orange juice, raspberry lemonade, apples and oranges. There are many eating options very close by IHOP, Dennys, Ice Cream, Captain Kidds. The walk to the gates at Disneyland and California Adventure was only a few minutes. We walked to Downtown Disney every night because It was so close by!

Room Tip: Great deal by booking directly with hotel. Rooms above covered parking had some light coming thru...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Temecula, California, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I've stayed here twice. My first experience here was good. My second experience, this past weekend - makes me not really want to stay here again. Parking is horrific here. There is not enough parking for even one car per room. They valet your car at night and park them in front of other cars. It's just sort of a mess. The staff was not very friendly. She got the job done, but I can't say she was friendly. Our room felt like a shoe box because it was so small (it was a queen room - only 1 bed). The bed was hard as a rock. The bathroom was very tiny and hard to get ready in. We paid $177 to stay here. We went to another hotel (Marriott Anaheim Suites) the next night and got a room for $100 which was a million times better! I didn't mind this hotel the first time I stayed but I wouldn't really recommend it again. It is clean, so if you only care about a clean room, then this hotel is just fine for you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We just had 3 nights at the Del Sol and were all very happy. The room was clean and large enough for 2 Mum's and 2 tweens. I'd specifically requested the room with 2 queen beds and a set of bunkbeds so everyone would get their own bed, but the girls couldn't sleep in the bunk beds as they were so small, I've never seen such small single beds actually. Oh and no corksrews available. This isn't a huge deal of course, I just walked to the Best Western and they were good enough to help out. I just think it would be a good idea to have a few in the office for loaning out. The breakfast was just ok, but not for anyone looking to eat healthy, all carbs and nothing fresh, we didn't even bother, Having said all that, I would stay again in a heartbeat.

Berkeley, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

RIGHT across the street from Disneyland's main entrance and RIGHT next door to both DENNY'S and IHOP --- are you kidding me?? Absolutely NOT! We requested 2 adjoining rooms and got them, too - WOW!. LOTS of space in the room - even with a roll-away! Very comfy beds and at a reasonable price! Our proximity to Disneyland and "kid" food, just MADE the trip for us. The refreshing pool was a wonderful sight at the end of long hot days and can't even TELL you what the spa did for the aging and aching feet! We will definitely pass the word along to friends and don't hesitate to highly recommend to YOU, either!!

San Jose,CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We checked in on Saturday October 27 and checked out Monday October 29. The key things were the bed and bathroom were clean. The continental breakfast existed of cereal, bread, pastries, apples, coffee and juice.

You can not beat that it is across the street. From my motel door to the gate of Disneyland was 10 minutes.

They put us in room 125 which was a corner room, but what they did not tell us was that it was a handicap room. It was fine for two nights; we had a huge bathroom and a moveable shower head maybe because of it.

The reason I am giving it three stars are the following
- cobwebs in the corner of the ceiling
- blue stuff (silly string?) on the ceiling.
- There was no place to hang towels in the vanity area.
- There was no magnifying mirror in the vanity area which a girl needs.
- The 2nd bed was right against the air conditioner/heater actually covered part of it.
- The pool had a certain sheen look on top, but people went in it.

But like a said the bed was clean and the tv was nice flat screen. Did not hear other people and slept very well. So if you don't want all of the bells and whistles this place is for you.

Also, a great price -- we paid $300.00 for two nights considering there was some kind of convention going on.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Anaheim Del Sol Inn? Share your experiences!