“Just okay.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #39 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
Temecula, California, United States
“Just okay.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

I've stayed here twice. My first experience here was good. My second experience, this past weekend - makes me not really want to stay here again. Parking is horrific here. There is not enough parking for even one car per room. They valet your car at night and park them in front of other cars. It's just sort of a mess. The staff was not very friendly. She got the job done, but I can't say she was friendly. Our room felt like a shoe box because it was so small (it was a queen room - only 1 bed). The bed was hard as a rock. The bathroom was very tiny and hard to get ready in. We paid $177 to stay here. We went to another hotel (Marriott Anaheim Suites) the next night and got a room for $100 which was a million times better! I didn't mind this hotel the first time I stayed but I wouldn't really recommend it again. It is clean, so if you only care about a clean room, then this hotel is just fine for you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Victoria, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

We just had 3 nights at the Del Sol and were all very happy. The room was clean and large enough for 2 Mum's and 2 tweens. I'd specifically requested the room with 2 queen beds and a set of bunkbeds so everyone would get their own bed, but the girls couldn't sleep in the bunk beds as they were so small, I've never seen such small single beds actually. Oh and no corksrews available. This isn't a huge deal of course, I just walked to the Best Western and they were good enough to help out. I just think it would be a good idea to have a few in the office for loaning out. The breakfast was just ok, but not for anyone looking to eat healthy, all carbs and nothing fresh, we didn't even bother, Having said all that, I would stay again in a heartbeat.

Berkeley, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

RIGHT across the street from Disneyland's main entrance and RIGHT next door to both DENNY'S and IHOP --- are you kidding me?? Absolutely NOT! We requested 2 adjoining rooms and got them, too - WOW!. LOTS of space in the room - even with a roll-away! Very comfy beds and at a reasonable price! Our proximity to Disneyland and "kid" food, just MADE the trip for us. The refreshing pool was a wonderful sight at the end of long hot days and can't even TELL you what the spa did for the aging and aching feet! We will definitely pass the word along to friends and don't hesitate to highly recommend to YOU, either!!

San Jose,CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We checked in on Saturday October 27 and checked out Monday October 29. The key things were the bed and bathroom were clean. The continental breakfast existed of cereal, bread, pastries, apples, coffee and juice.

You can not beat that it is across the street. From my motel door to the gate of Disneyland was 10 minutes.

They put us in room 125 which was a corner room, but what they did not tell us was that it was a handicap room. It was fine for two nights; we had a huge bathroom and a moveable shower head maybe because of it.

The reason I am giving it three stars are the following
- cobwebs in the corner of the ceiling
- blue stuff (silly string?) on the ceiling.
- There was no place to hang towels in the vanity area.
- There was no magnifying mirror in the vanity area which a girl needs.
- The 2nd bed was right against the air conditioner/heater actually covered part of it.
- The pool had a certain sheen look on top, but people went in it.

But like a said the bed was clean and the tv was nice flat screen. Did not hear other people and slept very well. So if you don't want all of the bells and whistles this place is for you.

Also, a great price -- we paid $300.00 for two nights considering there was some kind of convention going on.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed here from 11/3-11/7 and I would definitely stay here again. They offered some of the key things in staying at a Disneyland Area Hotel.

1. Location (Directly across the street from Disneyland
2. Clean Rooms
3. Value (Was average price, but good price for the location)

The only kind of negative was paying for parking (which for some reason always bothers me).

What else do you need from a Disneyland Area Hotel?

Sequim, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

We stayed here for a week in July. There were 5 families and we booked 4 rooms. We all had the rooms with the bunk beds and they were definitely worth it. There's 6 in our family so we actually all got to sleep in one room with everyone in a bed. The hotel was actually better than I thought it would be. The rooms were fine (we only really used them to sleep in), pool was small but adequate for a quick afternoon dip, staff was polite, parking is tight (they valet park your car if the spots are all taken). This is a small 2-story hotel so we didn't hear a lot of noise (we also asked for an upstairs room so we wouldn't hear early risers trampling above our heads). The breakfast area is extremely tiny; all 20 of us more than filled up the room and took all four tables. Hubby said the coffee was terrible and there is a TINY selection of muffins, cereal and waffles to choose from, but that being said, it was fine for breakfast and enough to get us going in the morning.
All things considered, we definitely chose this place for the location. You walk out the door and across the street to the main entrance of Disneyland. You literally can't get much closer. We've stayed at other hotels that are next to Disney, but you have to walk all the way around to the entrance or take a shuttle. Have done both of those in the past and wasted so much time and energy doing it I never will again. Even those few extra blocks take their toll at the beginning or end of the day. We were able to come and go all day long at the hotel with no waiting for shuttles or tired little legs.
We knew when booking this place it wasn't a 4 star hotel (and believe me, I love my Sheraton's and Fairmont's), but all we really needed was a place to sleep, take a quick swim, and a free breakfast to get us going. If you'll be spending more time at the hotel and less at Disneyland, this may not be the place for you. For the price we paid (called and got a discount because we were booking 4 rooms) and the distance (or lack thereof) to Disneyland I was thrilled to have found this place and will definitely stay here again and recommend it to all families.

Room Tip: Even if you have to carry a stroller, ask for an upstairs room so you won't hear people walking...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Maple Valley, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

It's the best place to stay for the location and price. It is right accross Disneyland and it makes for a quick return for the kids nap time before returning for more fun. I have stayed here 5 family trips to the Happiest place on earth and I will continue to come back. I have a 3 kids and they love it here. You get a quick breakfast and off to have fun. Then you come back for mid day nap and a dip in the pool. The staff is very helpful and quick to respond to any problems we may have had. The parking is the only problem with little space, but they have a great valet that makes parking a minor problem. Try it you will like it.

Room Tip: With kids I would get the rooms with the bunk bed included.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family