“Great rate & service across the street from Disneyland” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
10% Off Room Rate!
Ranked #25 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
San Francisco, California
“Great rate & service across the street from Disneyland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

My family of 5 stayed at the Del Sol Inn the weekend before Christmas. We have stayed many nearby hotels on Harbor Blvd. because of their location across the street from the entrance of Disneyland. Every hotel hiked up their prices for December. I looked online for the best rate, and called to see if there were any rooms left. I was told that there would be specials closer to the day we wanted to check-in & there were. Two nights prior to our arrival at the Del Sol, I called and the rate was $98 for a 2 queen/bunk bed room. Since this was a surprise trip for Xmas for the kids, I was thrilled!
We arrived late, just before midnight and I called to make sure the room was not going to be given away. Oscar at the front desk was very kind and helpful during checkout. There is free valet parking - the lot is very small, but it works for being a small hotel. They also carry tickets to Disneyland in the lobby, so that was convenient and less than the prices at the gate.
Our room was quiet and clean. The coverlets were not quite clean, you could see stains of something on the inner side of them, but the sheets & pillow cases were fresh. We never use the coverlet anyway. The pillows were firm, but fluffy and comfortable. The bunk bed sheets were fresh and neat as well. It was against the wall next to a door that can connect to the room next to us. Beds were firm, but not too much. They were actually quite perfect after a long day of walking. There were granite tops in the vanity area which was nice.
At 7am the breakfast was the usual: danishes, mini muffins, toast, cereal, oj & milk. There was not much at that time, but we went 20 min later and there was much more. There is a Denny's right in front of the hotel, but we did not eat there even if it was open 24 hours.
Everyone is friendly, and many say "Good Morning" to you as you pass by them, which is pleasant. The cleaning lady was friendly , too, we actually stopped back in the room to grab some coats and she said that she would clean our room after we left. When we arrived back late night, it was neat and had fresh towels in the bathroom. I saw that the pool was cleaned around 730a but it was cold so we never took advantage of it. I imagine during hot weather, it would be much noiser by our room. We also asked for another night and it was given to us at the same rate and same great service. Check out was a breeze, but the lady in the lobby is not as friendly or informative as the night guy.
This hotel is average. Service is very good. Location is excellent. Cleanliness is average.

Room Tip: Call for a great rate instead of booking online.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

407 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Alameda, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011

The bright yellow rooms on their web site are now dark and the rooms smell bad. The "Family Suite" they advertise is just two adjoining rooms with a connecting door, no actual "Family Suite" exists. We booked a Family Suite six months in advance (for two parents, two kids and grandma), however, we were given two NON-adjoining rooms next to each other. When we complained we were told that adjoining rooms (aka the "Family Suites") was "a request, not a guarantee." We got little sympathy from each of the 3 desk clerks we spoke to. The old refrigerator in one room was so loud we had to unplug it. The heater/air conditioners were also very loud and not very efficient. The TV remote control needed to be replaced (batteries were fine, it just did not work). The outdoor pool was cold as was the hot tub. The money we saved staying at this very inexpensive motel was lost (and then some!) when my iPod classic I left in the room was replaced with a broken one. We filed an incident report but we are not holding our breath.

Room Tip: The two motels on either side of the del Sol are somewhat more expensive but if they save you the ha...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Gilbert, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

My husband and I along with our teen daughter spent four nights at the Del Sol Inn over the Thanksgiving weekend, Nov.24 thru 28 2011. I did my research as I always do before our annual trip to Disney... wanting to stay a little closer to the parks, I chose the Del Sol Inn. We usually stay close to Disney, and generally we have been very happy with our accommodations, other reviews along with the website gave us hopeful impressions of this Hotel. What we found was a room that was much smaller than anticipated, not so bad... but the beds were terrible! The mattresses were lopsided, they were uncomfortable and to make matters worse.. the bed spreads were fifthly! We discovered what appeared to be semen on the coverlet of one of the beds, we removed it from the bed and told the front office the next morning asking them to replace it with a clean one. When we returned late that evening we assumed it had been taken care of, no..the maid put it back on the bed!!!!.. don't worry, it remained on the floor for the rest of our stay. The carpet was very dirty, on the first day I stepped on grape seeds and stems.. the maid never vacuumed the room the whole time we were there. On the last day when we returned for a late rest and nap, the room was not made up.. when the maid showed up at 5:30 pm to clean, we just asked for clean towels and at that point wanted the trip to end so we could leave. Bad parking, dirty rooms, uncomfortable beds and who knows what else will keep us far away from this place! Look, I know we only sleep there and spend most of our time in the parks, but my teen daughter and I have a hard time relaxing in other peoples dirt. We payed about $75.00 a night for this room, I think they could do a better job maintaining the premises. The pool was also in bad shape.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2011

My husband and I travelled to the Del Sol from San Diego by public transport. Amtrak to Anaheim and then a shuttle from Amtrak station to Disney entrance. The motel is less than 5 minutes walk away. Check in was easy. The man on the desk was very helpful and gave us details of a shuttle to get to LAX airport after our visit. The motel itself was adequate for our needs. Breakfast room only has a couple of tables so most people took coffee, toast etc back to their room. The microwave was broken and was replaced immediately after we mentioned it to the maid. The room was clean but well used. Pool seemed okay but quite small. Laundry facility was very useful for us. The big big plus is the close proximity to Disney/ California Adventure as we could retun to the motel in the day (as we did after getting soaked on one of the rides!). I have given 4 stars due to location being so good.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Livermore, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011 via mobile

Pros and cons but a good value. Cons- tiny parking lot but valet takes care of that. Not very well cleaned. Pros - good price, huge rooms with bunk beds, perfect for large families. Staff is super nice and attentive. Nice clean pool and spa.

• Stayed November 2011
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

Very clean and convinient. Staff was very nice. Will stay again!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2011

This hotel is a gem. It's not a chain, which is a big PLUS in this case because it seems the employees and management are free to use their judgement to give excellent service and accomodation to their guests. I was traveling alone with my 5 year old son (Daddy and sister didn't come on this trip) and I was a little nervous because of that. The staff at the Del Sol took wonderful care of us and helped me totally relax. They looked up things on the internet for me, called me a cab when our shuttle service was running late and treated us kindly like family. Because this is a small hotel, they really remember each guest and give each one personalized service. We arrived super early and since they did have a room available, they went ahead and checked us in at 11 am, which was way beyond my expectations. (And that was probably a rarity, but my point is that if they were able to do something for us, they didn't hesitate.)

The room was very clean and spacious. The window treatments are wonderful, faux wood shutters that are bright yet block out all the light when closed. Marble countertops and even a fridge and microwave in the room. We were able to order food from a local restaurant and then keep it in the fridge for leftover meals. Also, Denny's is a 30 second walk and they also do To Go orders. One night when we were very tired from a day at Disney, we just ordered Denny's and took it back to our room to enjoy in our jammies. The shower was also spacious and the clear window panel in the shower curtain helped me check on my little man while he was showering. (I need one of those for my house!)

Our room was close to the pool and we did hear noise from that, but there is a strict quiet time enforced starting at 9pm, so we were never bothered by the noise. Also, the bathroom light activates a fan, so we slept with that on and it provided great white noise. I never heard any noise from other guests on the side of us... We slept soundly.

The walk to the parks literally took 4 minutes, from room door to inside the gates of either park. The parking lot for Disney is a farther walk than this hotel is. It's also closer than the Disney Resort hotels, with the exception of the Grand Californian in relation to California Adventure (that hotel has its own entrance to Cali Adv.).... But this hotel is 1/4 of the price of the GC, so unless you're made of money, the Del Sol is the clear winner.

I don't have even one criticism of this hotel. Add that to the fact that it's cheaper by far than any of the surrounding hotels and I'd give it ten stars if I could. Stay here, expecting the amenities of a budget hotel, and you'll be thrilled with your experience.

Room Tip: If you have little ones, ask for a room on the front left side of the hotel. The rooms are all on t...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Anaheim Del Sol Inn? Share your experiences!