“Great value and close to Disneyland.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Suites Anaheim At Disneyland Park

You added Days Inn Suites Anaheim At Disneyland Park to your Saves list
Days Inn Suites Anaheim At Disneyland Park
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 South Harbor Boulevard, Anaheim, CA 92805 (The Colony)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 25% Summer Sale
Ranked #89 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
Imperial Valley, CA
“Great value and close to Disneyland.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

I take a yearly trip to Disneyland and this year I needed to save a bit since the holidays are right around the corner. I had been looking at booking this hotel for a few days when I finally saw the price drop to $60 (for a Saturday). I took advantage.

It is right off the freeway but in order to drive into it, you have to pass it and make a U-turn to be able to drive into it. This is because there are two double yellow lines which driving laws do not allow you to cross or turn.

The hotel is not new but doesn't look old and wore down. It is well maintained. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful. It took 3 minutes to check in and get a room. Once in the room I saw that it was very spacious. I booked the two queen bed upstairs room. The imenities were average. Tv channel selections were great though.

The rooms were very quiet but the hotel. My wife said the freeway noise kept her up for awhile though. I did ask if she would stay here again where she said yes. I would probably stay here again if I can get a great deal again. I hear the breakfast is good but we didn't try it since we were in a rush.

• Stayed December 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

As you book your reservation online, it sounds like a great deal. 10 minute walk to Disney, food within walking distance, fair prices, several good sounding amenities. Don't be deceived. It is a 10 minute walk if you choose to cross a major, busy intersection with your children Very dark, eerie walk late at night. Ants in the bathroom every morning, very poor service. Free shuttle to Disney is a joke. They tried to cram 20+ people in a 12 person VAN. And then had the nerve to act disgusted when people complained and chose not to tip them. Worse stay ever.

• Stayed October 2011
Springfield, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2011

From across the street it looks ok. But don't let the few palm trees fool you; as you get to the front you begin to notice a motel that is showing signs of wear, lots of them. But that is ok I suppose depending on what you pay. Sometimes you just need a cheap, quiet, clean place to stay. This is why I picked this motel.

Pros: Not too far from Disneyland but would be a long walk. Park in front of room is nice. Shaky Pizza is next door and Carrows restaurant is a half block. Bed was not bad.

Cons: Room was worn, stained carpet, bath vanity had been broke several times and glued back together (tacky), overall the entire place was tired. Laundry was outside next to pool, (never seen that before) so you could do laundry and swim I suppose but it was so run down and an eye sore to say the least. But the biggest issue was live fleas in the room the day I got there. Saw them jumping around the sink. I killed all I could find; they came and did something the next day but that was it.

I am normally not much to complain about things but in the 100's of hotels I have stayed in this is the first time I have have had live fleas in a room.

There are so many better options to stay at in Anaheim with way better customer service. I strongly advise that even if you have to spend more, do it. I wish I would have.

Room Tip: Best room location would be at the Hampton, Holiday Inn, or the like.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Port Moody, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

We recently stayed at the Days Inn and Suites Anaheim At Disneyland Park, in October 2011, and we were not very happy with it. Our room had ants, that we mentioned to the hotel staff many times, and nothing was done. The ants were all over the room, including on the beds. Also, there was a ceiling fixture in our room with significant water damage around it. It would work for a portion of the day and then just stop. It wasn't clear to me that they weren't just replacing the bulb every day, only to have it short out because of the leak.

The free wireless internet was almost nonexistent and it was a very poor signal. When I mentioned this to management, they seemed unconcerned.

As other people have mentioned, it did not have good A/C.

There are pluses but they did not outweigh the negative aspects and I would not recommend this hotel nor do I plan to stay at a Days Inn again.

In order to have a well rounded review I will say that I appreaciated the blackout curtains so that we could sleep late and have the room in near complete darkness. While the shuttle was hit or miss (easy to miss the shuttle if you're not there early enough), it is close enough to walk to/from Disneyland, which was often easier for us to do as the shuttle only came once an hour. As also mentioned by others, it is close to a Shakeys and Carrows, which are cheap alternatives to Disneyland Food. I found the cleaning staff to be excellent.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Langley City, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2011

Lets just say my review was going to read,"You get what you pay for" until I returned home from my family vacation to learn that the motel had charged an extra $50 to my credit card.The $50 was a result of the shuttle van sliding door handle coming off in my hand when I attempted to be kind and allow a van full of people out of the van once we had been shuttled to the Disneyland gates.I have had to tell my same story/issue to several front desk clerks because everytime I ask for GM/Tareq he is always in an important meeting and not available to talk to me. I call BS.

PS: Do not go in the hottub when there is a ridulous amount of foam in the water.You will be itchy afterwards and smell terrible.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

Pros:
A/C
Excellant shower head and shower pressure
Free shuttle to Disneyland
Free Continental Breakfast
Free Microwave and Minifridge in room
Free parking

Cons:
Poor air circulation
Free shuttle only holds 15 people max (and the driver has a tip jar!)
Breakfast room is tiny
ANTS!!
Dirty room and carpet
Room safe is not free (1.95+tax per night and the key is at the front desk--you have to go get it)

Do your homework, read other reviews to know what you are getting at this place. Because we did that we understood there would probably be a few issues staying here.

We were looking for some very specific things when we choose a place to stay. For 2 adults we wanted inexpensive, free parking, A/C, free shuttle to Disneyland, free continental breakfast, free microwave and mini fridge in room, hairdryer, etc. We found all this at the Days Inn Suites Anaheim at Disneyland park. We also chose Days Inn specifically because of a 15% off promotion. We only stayed for 2 nights so we figured we should be fine for that short time.

The room was dirty. I can stand maintennace issues, but a dirty room to me shows something lacking in staff training. The counters were dirty. The dressers and table were so highly polished with cheap polish that we were not able to set anything on them because the polish tranfered to our belongings. The carpet was dirty. I even found a dirty cup on the floor.

Rooms were large and the shower was very satisfactory. Good shower head and great shower pressure. Some minor mold near the shower knob fixtures. Shower head and knob needed recaulking desparately. Towels were worn and a little sandpapery. Tub/Shower area was clean.

Lights, remote, and Tv were in good working order. The peep hole was cracked so it was hard to see who was knocking on our door. We had ANTS! They seemed to like the coffee maker and packaged sugar so we put that up high and called the front desk. They sent a maintenance man, whom I could not understand very well at all, to spray the bathroom counter for ants. GROSS! A few ants came back on the 2nd day. Not a place to stay longer than a night or two.

Front staff wasn't really that friendly and didn't give any tips, helps, or hints. Check-in was very fast though as well as checkout. Also, upon arrival we noticed sveral rools or carpet and pad...hopefully remodeling?

The matresses were actually not too bad. Pretty comfortable. We were so tired from being at Disneyland all day that it didn't much matter anyways. We did enjoy the extra foilage at the property. It helped to create a "sheltered from the main road" feeling.

Breakfast consisted of the following during our stay: oranges, bananas, 3 kinds of cereal, milk, toast, mini bagels, cream cheese, butter, jam, apple juice, orange juice, hot chocolate (not working), danish pastries and i think coffee and tea.

We did not have shuttle issues as others have mentioned. We had the shuttle times beforehand and worked our schedule around those times. However, we stayed during the week, so it was not very busy. If busy, I can imagine the shuttle nightmare!

Room Tip: I did not see any elevators so if you get 2nd floor get close to the stairs unless noise is problem...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Ogden, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

The hotel was an easy walk, even for my 6 yr old. Good complimentary breakfast. Shakey's Pizza next door for decent food without paying the ridiculous Disneyland prices. Nice heated pool to relax sore muscles after a day at Disneyland. The rooms are basic, but we didn't need more. They were comfortable. If you want all the bells and whistles, it's not for you. If you would rather spend your money at Disneyland, instead of on a fancy room you won't hardly be in, then this is the place for you! Delightful staff. We're planning a trip next month to go back and we will be staying, once more, at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family