“Very Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #42 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Sacramento, United States
“Very Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

The only concerns I had with this hotel was the lack of breakfast being available. They did give coupons that allowed children 10 and under to eat at Denys next door, but when you have children that want to go to Disney land, who has time to eat breakfast at a restaurant !!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bwpavilions, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pavilions, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
We do appreciate your business, although we do not have breakfast at this time we will within the next two years so we do hope you will come see us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I traveled to Disneyland and had a free stay at a Best Western (Thanks to work). I was not expecting too much, but overall our 4 nights with Best Western were good. The rooms on the first floor were quiet and the bed was very comfortable. The bathrooms are something that could be upgraded, but overall, we were pleased. We knew we were not staying at a 5 star hotel and didn't expect 5 star service. The pool and hot tub area were in the parking lot, but actually very well kept. This hotel is within walking distance of Disney, which is a plus.

Room Tip: first floor, room by the corner of the building. Very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
bwpavilions, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pavilions, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to complete your review. We do hope when your travels bring you to our area again we can serve as your lodging needs.
Nottingham, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed here with my husband and son for 4 nights, as a base for Disneyland. We were not disappointed with the quality, location and value.
The rooms are fairly basic, but with everything you could need, and the staff were friendly and helpful.
We used the pool one afternoon that we didn't go into the park, and it was a great temperature, nice and clean, with towels and drinks nearby.
The Disney shuttle stops by here, and my son still calls it his "holiday house"

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We are pleased to read you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your patronage, and for completing a review. We do hope you will return as our guest again.
Tehachapi, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Good Hotel to stay at when going to Disneyland and California Adventure. It is nice that kids eat free at Denny's with paying adult. Not a bad walk to Downtown Disney, Disneyland, or California Adventure.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for completing this review and your patronage. We do look forward to seeing you again.
Anaheim, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The Air conditioner was loud, the guest next door kept slamming the door every 30 minutes and the hotel staff was next door, and they never stopped it. There were pubic hairs and human hairs on the sheets gross! The room smelled bad, smelled very old and musty. Did not sleep at all. I We have stayed in this hotel many times in the past with no complaints, but this last stay was so awful, that we will never stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for completing your review. We do appreciate your patronage.
Katoomba, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

Stayed one night after a long day at Disneyland. Slept well but i will attribute that to the exhaustion of walking around Disneyland all day. We were on the top floor and found it very noisy. Was fine for a one night stay.

Room Tip: I would avoid the top floor if i stayed there again
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your patronage, we do hope to see you again.
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I am saying to avoid this hotel in particular and Best Western in general. I booked my stay for OCTOBER 2014, through Hotels.com the beginning of March. Yesterday, (middle of May) I noticed an authorization hold on my account from the hotel. Upon calling I was rudely informed that it is a new best western policy that they authorize even a small amount, to make sure you show up. When I said I was going to cancel and inform Hotels.com of this "new policy", and that I would not be staying or recommending a Best Western again...EVER, she (with attitude) said fine, and hung up. No offer to speak to a manager, nothing. Obviously Best western is doing so well, and they share their profit outlook with ALL their employees, that she felt confident that my refusal to stay didn't concern her. So I called hotels.com so I could cancel my reservation immediately, this guy asked me to hold on while he called the hotel himself. He came back and confirmed that yes, they will be pre-authorizing my card until i check out after my 2-night stay, in 5 MONTHS...I said no, they will not, because I was cancelling my reservation. Now, I understand that it was a small amount...the amount doesnt matter. Their policy of pre-authorization hold to ensure I showed up for 5 MONTHS is the problem.

I know that I often check for hotel reviews here. So I figured that this was the best place to post my review. I can't and won't comment on the quality of the hotel. I can guess that it is a best western, and it will more than likely be the same quality as any other Best Western. If I were to base on the conversation that I had, I would say it is a dump, and avoid it like the plague. I know that is what I am planning to do.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
bwpavilions, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Pavilions, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
In regards to you booking, you credit card was authorized $1.00. This is to check the validity of the credit card, as guest making bookings with our hotel must have valid credit cards on file to hold the room. It also ensures that there is not a error in the credit card number itself. This is not a Best Western policy, this is our policy. We are sorry that this $1.00 authorization has prompted you to cancel your booking.

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Pavilions? Share your experiences!