“Terrible” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 112 hotels in Anaheim
San Jose, California
“Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed 6 nights and 5 days lást day went to Disneyland like everyday on the bus and leave my family van parked on their lot and last day the alarm when off and they said that they try to call me but I never receive that phone call and when I come back they already had charged 100 dlls to my debt card for tow truck company for open my van and disconnect my vans battery. I don't think is fare, how do i know wy did my alarm when off what if someone try to breake into it. They said that it is wrote down on the papers the you sign on, but they should explained you better if this happened you have to pay for it. This place is not safe and it is unsecured. Am a very onest person and it is not fare. Come on! 100 dlls. Money doesn't grow on the trees!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
StovallsManager, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stovall's Inn, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thank you for your review. The car alarm was going off for about 2 hours and we had guests that were complaining. We did call your number that you provided and no answer. The only option was to have a tow company come and disconnect. We did give you the paper work from the tow company that showed the amount he was charging.

1,032 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

The main reason I am not giving this hotel a 5 star rating is because it charges for parking. I believe that parking should always be free especially when most of the other "neighborhood" Disneyland hotels offer free parking. Last year I decided to stay at The Howard Johnson because a friend of mine was staying there, they did not charge for parking plus I was allowed to leave me car at the hotel during my last day at the park even though I had checked out. Best Western should do the same. I really like Best Western and try to stay at them when I can. There is a shuttle that stops in front of the hotel, but there is fee. If I remember correctly its $4 for adults and $3 for children, something like that.

The hotel itself was very clean, with good size rooms. I also liked that the sink was outside of the toilet/tub area.

The check in staff were very friendly and the breakfast was great. It does get busy, but if you get up early you'll be fine and the dining area is actually pretty big, much bigger than any other Best Western I have stayed at. The waffles could have been better they tasted a bit like cardboard, but other than that I found it to be great.

I did not have any problems with the WiFi, it worked great. I stayed on the second floor in the 300's.

I didn't use the pool area, but it did look nice.

Room Tip: If you have a car and don't feel like walking I'd park at Disneyland. Depending on how many...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are about a 10-15 minute walk to the parks through Downtown Disney. I will make sure and tell the staff to keep up the great work that they are doing.
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. We didn't have a car but the hotel was within walking distance to the Disneyland parks. Also, many shuttles to other attractions stop right in the front of this hotel so that made things very easy for us. The hotels continental breakfast was pretty good. the only downfall was that is was very busy some days and took a while to get seated. The hotel staff were very friendly! We had a room near the back of the hotel so the internet connection was quite slow and took a few tries to get connected the whole stay. The rooms are very spacious and comfy. Only thing was I wish they had a safe in the room. Loved the hotel itself, the pool an hot tub area looked nice. My rooms decor was lovely. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and if I was ever going to Disneyland again I would stay here again. Thanks!

Room Tip: Choose a room closer to the front of the hotel to get a better internet connection. all the rooms ar...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business. We are about a 10-15 minute walk to the parks through Downtown Disney. We have safes at the front desk for guests to use at no charge. We hope that we get to see you soon.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Clean and updated rooms, good pool area & shuttle bus to Disneyland out the front. Lobby/ breakfast area was out of service therefor breakfast was served in the cafe next door, cafe was struggling with the volume of people and there was a long wait for a table/ breakfast, it would have been nice if Stovall had advised us of this.
Could not get Wifi, which was very frustrating, and what's with the $10 parking fee?? We only had a car for one of the 4 nights we stayed. We also payed an extra $70 to have our room until 5pm. We were given conflicting story's from staff regarding availability etc.
We would stay at Stovall las again, but would probably choose somewhere closer to shops and other restaurants.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
StovallsManager, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stovall's Inn, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are about a 10-15 minute walk to the Disneyland parks through Downtown Disney. We hope to see you soon.
Anaheim, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

My family gives Best Western - Stovall's Inn a 10 in service, quality, atmosphere and convenience. The hotel staff was very professional and courteous. The room was clean and always cleaned upon return from our outing.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We appreciate your business. Thank you for your kind words. I will make and tell the front desk staff to keep up their great work. We hope that when visiting the Anaheim area you come to the Stovall’s Inn for your lodging needs. Hope to see you soon.
Bothell, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

They were spraying for bugs and room smelled and breakfast should had had more options. The rooms were clean and the value was good since it is the closest hotel next to Disneyland. Aircontioners were really loud and looked old but better than none at all. The lobby was getting remodeled and the staff was good at the hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

StovallsManager, Public Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stovall's Inn, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business. I hope that you had a great time while staying with us. Hope to see you again.
San Lorenzo, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

My family of four and two other families came down for Disneyland and stayed at Stovalls Inn in Anaheim CA. We were pleased with the updated rooms and the cleanliness of the rooms. The stay was quiet and the beds were comfortable. Stovalls has free hot breakfast at Coco's right next door but get there before 0930 or you will be waiting in a line. The pool was clean and even had a mini pool for my little girls. I have never writtin a review for any hotel but thought Best Western Stovalls Inn deserved it. For the price and the cleanliness I know where I will be staying next time we visit Disneyland. Thank You Best Western Stovall Inn!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

StovallsManager, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Stovall's Inn, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business. We are happy that you and your family had a great time. We are about a 10-15 minute walk to the Disneyland parks through Downtown Disney. We are happy to hear that your little girls enjoyed the pool. Once again, thank you very much and we hope to see you soon!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Stovall's Inn? Share your experiences!