“Not satisfied” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
Incline Village, Nevada
“Not satisfied”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2005

I was very unhappy with my stay here. We were situated on the 2nd floor and the elevators were on the opposite side so we had to walk across the parking lot to get to them and then walk back to where the room was, with kids and luggage we needed use of the elevator. We were at the front of the property on Harbor Blvd. It was very loud, our screen was off of our window and there was a large stain as you walked into the room. I asked if we could possibly change rooms and they were not one bit apologetic and claimed they were sold out and could not change rooms for us. The kid's suite was arranged that the bathroom was first, then the adults sleeping area with the kids room in back. Leaving the kids with the only access to a window and phone. The continental breakfast was shabby and overcrowded. There were no parking spaces at night and after a long day at Disneyland the last thing you want to worry about is where to park because your hetel does not have enough parking spaces. I went back and forth between the rating of "terrible" and "okay" but in my personal experience I will go with terrible.

• Stayed October 2005

520 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
kansas city
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2005

Best Western Raffles

I called my travel agent and planned my trip about
5 weeks earlier, after a long flight being air sick and tired I arrived at the hotel where I learned that
my room had been given away. I only had 2 days to spend in anaheim. I arrived at the hotel at 11 am and I didn't get a room until 12 noon which took time
away from my trip to disneyland.
Finally I had a room and I was on the very top floor
i struggled to get the luggage upstairs being very frustrated a nice worker helped me with my bags.

Needless to say I won't stay here again I will stay at
vagabond inn.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2005

The service is excellent here. the TV had more channels than i cared to watch, and I had a great night sleep here. Beds are comfortable, not too hard, plenty of bath towels were provided. There were enough outlets to plug in cell phones, cameras, ipods, etc. Overall an excellent stay. I would stay here again.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2005

We just returned back from our trip today & I must say I was pleasantly happy with our stay here. I was a bit reserved about staying here at first because I had read the reviews & some made it sound that this place was very dirty but because we wanted a seperate room from our children with actual beds in each room instead of a pull out sofa, and because other reviews said the place was clean & great, I decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did. The place is very nice. We stayed in a kids suite, which is very spacious & clean. It looks just like the virtual tour. The only thing I thought was stupid was that the ceiling above the head area on the upper bunk bed was a bit lower than the rest of the ceiling & my son kept bumping his head the first night & morning we arrived. He did quickly remember after that though & did not have any problems for the rest of the stay. I do not know if all of the bunk bed rooms have the same problem though. My kids gave a good rating on the pool & hot tub. Nothing great but they said they had fun. It goes to 6ft. Like the other reviews I would have to say the breakfast was o.k. There was a choice of 2 cereals, one being a generic Cheerios. Glazed rolls(only one type), toast, waffles, hard boiled eggs, apples,oarnges, oarnge juice, milk, coffee & tea. Something to tie you over until you can get real food. The lobby also has a beverage or two & sometimes fruits thruout the day. The day we arrived they had lemonade. Also, like another review, the parking is scarce, especially if you come in past 10pm. You have to double park & then give your key to the front desk & they will valee for you. We had to do that every night & had no problems. I think that Disneyland is too far of a walk from this property but they do have a bus right in front that you can buy a pass for at the hotel for $3 ages 10 & up, & children 9 & under are free with paying adult. Check in is not until 3pm, so if you arrive early like we did, you WILL have to wait. They will watch your bags for you if you do not want to leave them in the car. I highly reccomend this property & would stay here again. No smell, dirtyness, or stains in carpet in the lobby or rooms like other reviews warned. They must of been reading Trip Advisor & cleaned up because everyting was fine. My only WARNING to you though is about making the reservation. We also had a problem with them having us as checking out a day earlier than we had booked. We were lucky in that they accomidated us for one more day even though they booked the room for someone else. I even called & confirmed our reservation 5days prior to our arrival just to double check & make sure everthing was alright but there was still a problem after we arrived. I did book thru the 800 number, so I would suggest calling the hotel directly to confirm things before arriving, & also when you check-in, make sure your departure date is the actual date you are leaving before you sign anything. It is on the bottom of the same paper you put your lincese plate number, ect. & was something I overlooked. Hope this info helps. Have Fun!

• Stayed August 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2005

Date of Stay: August 13-15, 2005
Reservation originally booked: August 13-16, 2005

My wife and I booked a room for 3 nights at this hotel using hotels. We knew we were in for problems when the hotel could not find our reservations. I showed them the confirmation e-mail and they were able to place us in an upgraded room only because there was a cancellation.
That was fine. We were later told that our reservations were located. This was also fine.

Then on the 15th, we were told that we had to check out, because our reservation was up. They checked and double checked, but only showed us staying until the 15th. I quickly called hotels and was told that we did in fact have reservations until the 16th. The customer service dept. contacted the hotel and they immeditately found the 'correct' reservations.."but" they had no available rooms. Sounds like someone overbooked....
Seems like a terrible way to do business.

Anyways, I would not recommend this hotel to anyone...only because I would not want to have this happen to others.

There is a saying " If you have a good experience, you tell some of the people you know. If you have a bad experience, you tell Everyone".

• Stayed August 2005
Nv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2005

Excellent room set up for families. The children felt special havingtheir own area and we liked a little privacy. Easy walk to Disneyland and decent breakfast. We would stay there again.

• Stayed January 2005
Superior, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2005

We just returned from our trip to Disneyland and stayed at the Best Western - it was terrible!! First, the lobby had a very stale odor to it (a moldy smell), then when we entered our room there was a very strong disinfectant smell covering more of a mold smell. It was very overwhelming.The room was very dark and depressing, even with the lights on and the curtains open. The carpeting was so dirty and stained I couldn't even let my toddler crawl or walk on it! Do not recommend this hotel at all!!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Raffles Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!