“Great location but that's about it” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Ranked #27 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
Calgary, Canada
“Great location but that's about it”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel and although it has a great location that's all it has going for it. The rooms are extremely dated and in need of an update; I felt like I was back in the 1980's. The beds were comfortable but small, only double beds. The wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling away and the toilet didn't flush very well. The first day I noticed one of the towels had a stain on it, the second day I used a facecloth and although it looked clean it has a hint of a vomit smell to it. Nasty!!! The rooms are small and there are no in room safes. The so call high speed WIFI they claim to have does not work so don't count on using that at all during your stay. Our room was on the lower level of the hotel and it was very noisy. We could constantly hear people opening and closing their doors and people talking outside our door. We used the pool/hot tub once during our stay and we did enjoy this as we had it all to ourselves. The hotel charges a $5 a day resort fee however I would hardly call this a resort. I figure this resort fee is actually their way of charging for parking which by the way is atrocious. The only thing this hotel has going for it is their friendly staff and the location which is across the street from the Disney entrance. This hotel is closer to the entrance than the Disneyland Hotel which we also stayed at for the last 3 days of our vacation. There are many good restaurants close by to this hotel so the location itself cannot be beat however I would rather walk further and be comfortable in a hotel than stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Martha M, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Anaheim Inn, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your candid comments. I am so sorry you were not completly happy with your stay at the Anaheim Inn. Had I known, I would have been happy to address your issues and resolved those we could. I do hope your overall stay in Anaheim was a good, and that you will be back.

487 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Lexington, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Stayed here on business for a week in March, 2013. Rooms were very nice, clean and the location is perfect in regards to Disneyland. Restaurants very close by, and can easily walk to Disneyland! No issues staying here really at all, a very good, clean, comfortable stay. Staff was very nice. Parking is a little tight but that is the only issue I had and really no big deal at all. Highly recommend this hotel and will stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Martha M, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Anaheim Inn, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
I'm so glad you were able to mix pleasure with business, it would have been a shame to miss Disneyland when you were in the area. Thanks so much for staying with us.
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

When I first heard that my friend had booked a Best Western for $139/nt + a $5/nt "resort fee" I wanted to throttle him. I thought this would be a total dump, as that's my normal experience with Best Western. However, when you consider how unbelievably expensive the 3 Disney hotels are and the general quality and price of the motels on South Harbor, then this place is a pretty great choice.

Rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. Housekeeping was very good. They put out nice breakfast bags each morning with a muffin, apple, bottled water, and granola bar. That was great if you are rushing to the parks in the morning and don't have time for breakfast.

Lana checked us in and offered right away to check our bags so we could go to the parks. She was very friendly. Every staff member I encountered was friendly and courteous.

The location is unbeatable. We were right across the street from the main entrance to Disneyland. There is an IHOP, Denny's, Tony Roma's, Cold Stone, and more withing a 1 minute walk. You are actually closer to the park entrances here than if you stayed in the Disneyland Hotel (but not the Grand Californian).

Overall, I would recommend this hotel. Beware: in Anaheim there is a 17% hotel tax and this Best Western charged a $5/nt fee. The only negatives were minor—it's a bit ugly and if you have a room to the back, it's a bit of an extra walk, which can feel like a lot when you've been hoofing it in the parks for 12 hours.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the lobby. Be sure to specifically request non-smoking room when booking.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Martha M, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Anaheim Inn, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
I'm so glad you were happy with your friend's choice of where to stay. I do hope you will be back to see us on your next visit to Disneyland.
Chula Vista, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Decided to go out on a limb and book this Hotel. One, for the location and two, the price was decent. Won't do that again. If your expecting a breakfast that is in a bag and your wanting queen beds, Don't book here. Also when we went to get our car after a long day at Disneyland California Adventure...we were surprised to find a maintenance worker form the hotel was power washing the upstairs walkway debris onto all the cars that were parked below!!! The worst part was the managerial staff had nooo idea it was happening? So if your only going to book this hotel for it's location then it's all good....but that's pretty much it. Oh and theres a 5$ resort fee you have to pay cash for? Just not what it's for? Theres nothing resort about the hotel......breakfast is in a bag!

Room Tip: Get the suite if you have family of 4 or more. The double bed room will not accomodate more than 4 v...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Martha M, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Anaheim Inn, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
The Anaheim Inn does not have a breakfast at this time, but is offering "breakfast snack bags" until our breakfast room is completed on early 2014. I apologize for any misunderstanding.

We do take full responsibility for any problems resulting in the power washing that was done. Please contact me with your concerns so that I can make it right with you.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel is in a great location it took us literally 4-5 minutes to walk to the Disney gates. The room was excellent and very, very clean. The interaction with the staff was only on check in and check out and I would rate this as pretty average. In fact they just processed our booking and that was that! The breakfast in the restaurant next door was more than adequate with a great range of food to get you started for the day. The staff could be a bit happier as they looked like they were miserable and unapproachable!!! We've stayed at four hotels so far in our trip and the Best Western rates as a 9 out of 10 for location and cleanliness. Thank you Best Western.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
While I would love to take credit for your comments, I think you stayed at the Best Western Park Place Inn, not at the Best Western Anaheim Inn. Their breakfast is served at Captain Kids, located next door to their property. The Anaheim Inn will have a breakfast in early 2014.

I will pass your comments on to the Park Place Inn.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel is only a 7 minute walk to the park grounds. It's right across the street from the Park extrance. Between Denny's and Toni Roma's for some inexpensive food. Excellent place to stay if you have kids. You can go in early and stay until the kids get tired the head back for a dip in the pool or a nap. Then go back after a few hours and stay until closing. I have stayed there tons of times and it's great.

Room Tip: McDonalds and Mimi's Cafe are just down the street.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Couldn't have said it better, thank you. We should have you writng our Ads!

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Anaheim Inn? Share your experiences!