“Great Service” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
sonoma Ca
“Great Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2008

What can I say. At first I was really bummed we didn't stay at an onsite hotel. But I will totally stay here again!

We drove down from Northern Ca, and we got to the hotel MUCH earlier then planned. We called them at 4:45am and told them we were there early and wanted to see if we could just store our bags and get a packing pass so we could go eat. BUT they had ONE room left for that night, and let us check in! with out an extra charge. This was great. We rested a bit (tred to sleep). When we left to go to breakfast two hours later we ended up having to come back to do some clothing switching and found that they had come in and loaded us with extra towels and fresh coffee packs.

The walk to the park was smooth and easy. Perfect for us. I think that the walk is about the same as if you are staying onsite if not shorter!

The staff was friendly and very helpful. They were very quick and responsive when needed. The room was very clean.

We would be glad to stay here again and again.

• Liked — It was close to disneyland the staff was friendly and very helpful!
  • Disliked — we were on the third floor but they offered to change rooms for us. so our trip was great over all!
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Parksville, British Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2007

We stayed at the Best Western Anaheim Inn Sep 19,20, 21.
After a four night cruise on the Diamond Princess from Vancouver, we arrived at this hotel at about 10:00am on Sep 19th.
Staff is very friendly, and check-in was a breeze, even with a voucher from our travel agency. They even had a room ready for us so early in the morning! Very impressive!

We had requested a room on the top floor, front of the building (to see fireworks....turned out to be pointless as we were in the park for those!). However, what we got was a room on the top floor, at the front of the second building (room 319). This made a big difference to our tired feet at the end of a very long day at Disneyland!
When we returned to our room on the first night, I discovered that the plug in the bathtub didn't plug...I was really disappointed about this, as we had our two kids with us, both of whom don't like showers much, and I had some very tired feet I wanted to soak! Other than that, there was some peeling wallpaper in the bathroom, and the air conditioning didn't work well, and was very noisy. Shower was fine for pressure and temp. however :)
Toiletries were icky. Shampoo was fine but there was no conditioner, and the lotion smells terrible...no big deal. I just went to the very nice little shopping area at the Ramada Inn Maingate next door and bought those things for a pretty good price. Good coffee there too (Ramada Inn Maingate!)
Double beds were not particularly comfy..but livable.

The next morning we asked to be moved to a ground floor room at the front and were accommodated no problem, again the room was ready first thing in the morning and did not delay our early entry to the park. This time we got room 106...much better and very close to the street...shortening the walk considerably.
Same peeling wallpaper in the bathroom, same gaps around shower head plumbing. This room had a working tub plug, which was nice at the end of the second night. Both kids took baths, and I got to soak my feet. While my Daughter was in the tub, we saw a bug on the floor that my hubby says was a cricket, but to me looked very much like a cockroach...not sure as we don't have them where we live.

Overall, we had a decent stay. We used our room for sleeping and bathing only. didn't get a chance to use the pool, so can't comment there.

The Good:
Rooms ready very early!
Fairly clean
Great customer service
Very accommodating staff

The not so good:
Beds not the most comfy
The bug
The slight disrepair

Overall, we'd stay there again, but would like to try something else.

Linda (Parksville BC Canada)

• Liked — The staff.
  • Disliked — The bug, and the bathtub plug.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
Newark, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2007

We stayed here on Aug 30 to Sept 2. We love how this is right across the street from the Disneyland resort. This was great because since you can go in and out of both resorts, you can take a break and go back to the room to rest up or eat at one of the restaurants along the streets around Disneland. If it was over a 100 degrees like the weekend we went, then a nice Air Conditioned room is always nice.

We requested the oversized room that was an option on the BW website. Our room has a door connecting to the next room and the first night I can hear this loud woman yelling at her kids all night and all morning. The room came with a mini fridge and microwave and coffee maker. We had two full beds in our room. Enough room for my 2 year old daughter and wife in one bed and I took the other bed. Rooms were very clean.

Check in and out was a breeze. I notice they allowed some people to check in as early at noon. Only complaint I have was with the maids. They took our dirty towels and didn't replace them. The second day we stayed there we came back early from Disneyland to escape the heat. A maid saw me coming out of our room and said, do you need service today. I said "no our tolder is a sleep so we're fine. I didn't know she took the dirty towels. I'm still looking to see if they charged us for the towels. But I did mention this to the front desk when checking out and the girl at the front told me "Oh No don't worry, you will not be charged". There is a sign inside the room about being charged for towels if not all them are there.

Besides that I love the place. Best Western is one of my favorites.

• Liked — Right across from Disneyland
  • Disliked — Maids didn't replace our towels.
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2007

After reading the mixed reviews on this hotel I was unsure of exactly what to expect. I am happy to report that our stay was better than expected. You can't beat the close proximity to CA Adventure and Disneyland entrance, and having a Denny's next door was a nice bonus too. Our room was clean and comfortable ( the a/c is very old but worked well and yes, we had issues with hot water but it was tolerable since we knew this might be a problem going in, and while the room was on the small side it was fine for 4 of us since we spent most of our time in the parks anyway), and the staff was super. Vincent and Monce are two that stood out. We left behind an electric razor and Monce made sure it was mailed out to us within days. Honestly I thought we'd never see the razor again! (As a side note, I can't help but think that we had such great service because we made our reservations through Walt Disney Travel Co., and in order to stay on the "Good Neighbor" hotels list, I am sure they wouldn't want any complaints about them to the Walt Disney Travel Co., but that's just a theory...) We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2007
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2007

We spent two nights here before a planned move to another hotel for our visit to Disneyland this year. The hotel was easy walking distance to the entrance of DL. It was clean and the room was plenty big enough for 3 adults and 1 child.

We were on the first floor, close to the front, which was great after walking around DL all day! I didn't notice any elevators, so I wouldn't want to trudge up three flights of stairs to get to my room each night.

This hotel doesn't offer breakfast in the morning, which was fine for us since McDonalds is just down the street and we have to have Winchell's donuts one morning too when we go to DL.

The pool was small but fine for us. We went swimming one afternoon and there weren't many people there. I could see it being kind of difficult to swim if there were 5 or more families there.

Overall it was a good stay and I would stay here again for a quick weekend to DL.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
newport, oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2007

My husband , two granddaughters, ages 8 and 10 and I stayed here for four days during spring break 2007.
The check in was quick we were there at 12:00 and we were able to get our room. They were very courteous and helpful.
The room was clean and fresh smelling. We stayed in the back building second floor.
The pool was clean and they provide towels. The girls loved the spa as much as the pool.
We went back and forth to Disneyland at 4 times a day. The location is so convenient .
The airconditioner is noisy but we ran while we were gone and the room was cool enough to turn it off in the evening.
We knew about the hot water problem from reading other reviews so we were up at 6:00 taking showers and had no problem. Maybe there isn't one now?
The rooms are quiet and they were always clean and beds made by early afternoon.
They do have a security guard at night and they were very nice and helpful on where to get a midnight snack. (Dennys)
I have stayed at 5 other places around Disneyland. This is by far the best deal and location for the price.
Would recommend Anaheim Inn to anyone wanting to go to Disneyland.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — No breakfast
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2007

My daughter and I stayed at the Best Western Anaheim Inn from April 30 - May 5, 2007. Check-in was fast and efficient and we were given the non-smoking room we had requested (214). The room was clean, carpets looked new, The air-conditioner would rattle when started up, but we just ran it when we were out of the room. The outside temperature was not very hot, so really no need to have the air-conditioner on through the night. There was no street noise, but the walls were rather thin and we could hear the neighbors getting up early, the TV and water running woke us up. My only complaint was that the TV color was very poor, but we weren't there to watch TV. The hotel replaced the water boiler while we were there, so hot water shouldn't be an issue anymore, and our shower head was new and high. Location is terrific, just a short walk to the main gates of Disneyland. All in all, this was a very pleasant stay and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Noise between rooms.
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Anaheim Inn? Share your experiences!