“Customer Service Isn't What It Used To Be” 4 of 5 stars

Anaheim Plaza Hotel and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1700 South Harbor Boulevard, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #68 of 114 Hotels in Anaheim
Riverbank, California
“Customer Service Isn't What It Used To Be”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

We have stayed here many times over the past years as annual pass holders to Disneyland. We have told all of our friends and family who also now stay there. This past trip (last week) I encountered a young woman in reservations who came across rude and extremely disrespectful. I didn't care to much because everyone has a bad day. Then when we checked in the gals were terribly unprofessional and disorganized. Thank goodness the restaurant staff and housekeeping staff are so sweet the only ones we leave gratuity for. So I made my reservations for our trip next month and ran into some kinks online so I called the hotel and spoke with a gal who quoted me rates and changed the dates for me. When I get my new reservation email the room rates were even more than my original reservation so I obviously call back and Miss. Personality answers the phone (gal from last time) and tells me that the gal I spoke with is new and theres no way to prove the prices I am saying.... Well actually there is I have my original email so after her basically calling me a liar I send her all the emails she calls me back and gives me my original rates on my original dates (geeez thanks) she wont give me the rates for the new days I added with the other gal. She is giving me a double bed room at a queen rate and says there completely sold out and thats the only rate. So I express my disappointment at her attitude and horrible customer service. I get off the phone with her and go online and the prices are lower online with plenty of vacancy! Really?!?!?! What is wrong with these young women and when did it become ok to treat people who are tour guests so disrespectful. I will be contacting the manager and if they have the same quality of service we will be finding a new place for ourselves and all of our family and friends. And all the disney blogs and annual pass port groups we are a part of will all know of the way this hotel treats its guests. You are the cheapest hotel in all the ones across the street but Id rather pay more and give my business to people who treat their PAYING customers with respect since were the reason they have a job. Extremely disappointed!!

• Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

We booked this hotel online at the last min, we expected a suite for the 300$ we paid and what we asked for we we're give two rooms with adjoining doors, we were so tired we just went to bed we checked in after midnight... The next morning getting up we looked for tea which they said they have and couldn't find any asked front desk and they don't carry tea for the rooms. The shower head was dirty had a nasty brown build up on the edges where you adjust the flow... At this point we just left the hotel and tried to enjoy our trip. For the price it was a rip off I will never stay here again:/

• Stayed March 2014
GuestRelationsAPH, Guest Relations Manager at Anaheim Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Greetings, and thank you for providing us with your feedback. We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. We can understand the frustrations associate with receiving a room that was not what you had in mind. For future reference, our suites are adjoining rooms, providing separate sleeping areas for up to 8 people, while still allowing groups to spend time close together. We find this is very helpful for many families staying with us, though certainly regret any disappointment you felt. We invite you to join us again, so that we may make this up to you and provide you with the experience you deserve.
California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

This is the third or fourth time we have stayed at this hotel. It was a large room and was clean. The service was excellent as our previous trips. The price was well within our budget. We are thankful that there are still some lower priced hotels available across the street from the main gate into the Disneyland Resort.

We will stay here for our next trip.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for specifics when making a reservation. I always ask for bottom floor, r...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
GuestRelationsAPH, Guest Relations Manager at Anaheim Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, March 4, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review with us, and for your continued loyalty to our property. There's nothing that pleases us more than hearing how happy our return guests are with their stay. Its great to know that our reasonable prices suit your needs, and that our dedicated staff provided you with the exceptional service you have come to expect. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!
Calgary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is a neat place to stay at a great price, close to the park entrance (5 minute walk). The lobby and surrounding area/restaurant are very nicely kept and the huge pool looked great - we didn't have time to go in, unfortunately. As you go on to the rooms, the decor changes a little to an older motel style, but it's clean and nicely kept with great character. The grounds are lovely and the balconies off the rooms are a great bonus to enjoy the scenery. Special thanks to Arthur, who checked us in, and made the start to our stay fun with his sense of humour. All the staff were very friendly. The wi-fi adds up if you need it, at $10 for 24 hours and since my teenager couldn't live without, it was $20. The breakfast is quite good, but an extra cost of about $45-$50 for 2 of us over our 2 night stay needs to be added to the room cost on top of that wi-fi. We booked early and got a good enough price that it's okay, but keep it in mind if shopping around and other places have wi-fi and breakfast included. There really isn't much chance of sleeping in with excited kiddies on their way to Disneyland echoing loudly (second level), but I think most people staying here do so for the proximity to the park and not for a relaxing getaway.
The only drawback we had was that the bathroom could have been cleaner. There were other people's hairs left on the bathroom wall around the dryer/light switch, also on the tub wall and the top of the toilet tank was dusty with dried drops of something yellowish. I'm not a germophobe and I get that other people stay in the room, so I didn't mention it to staff. Everything else seemed clean. We took the bus to Newport beach the day we left, and it's about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours each way. We had several different answers on that time frame from hotel staff, in case anyone else wants to do this.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
GuestRelationsAPH, Guest Relations Manager at Anaheim Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Greetings, and thank you for taking the time to share your positive review of Anaheim Plaza Hotel. It’s wonderful to hear that you enjoyed our welcoming lobby, and scenic outdoor spaces. Our balconies are definitely a guest favorite, and great way to enjoy the beauty and weather of Southern California. We appreciate you recognition of Arthur, he is one of our most valued employees. We will certainly share your feedback with him. We hope to welcome you and your family again soon!
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

For the price, you can't do better if you are going to spend the weekend at Disneyland. I was here on business and didn't really expect much for the inexpensive rate I was quoted. However was pleasantly surprised at the hotel style entry, and the fact that it was directly across the street from the Park. The rooms are a bit far to walk to, and are decidedly "old style" and could probably use a renovation. However they were clean and had nice balconies, and were surrounded by green areas. Great place for the kids to run around if they still have energy after a day at the park. Definitely a place to consider, especially if you have kids and are on a budget (and who isn't?).

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
GuestRelationsAPH, Guest Relations Manager at Anaheim Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Hello, and thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our balconies, and they your children spent time playing in our outdoor space. Our close distance to Disney sure does make it convenient to visit the park. We hope to welcome you and your family again soon.
Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

Property is across from Disney and 1 block from the convention center. Price is very reasonable and the complex is only 2 stories tall throughout.

It is nice that you can drive up to your building and each room has a patio or balcony

Clean enough but getting a little worn around the edges

Overall I would return for the friendly staff and reasonable rates

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
GuestRelationsAPH, Guest Relations Manager at Anaheim Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review with us. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our convenient location, and guest room amenities - our patios and balconies are a great way to enjoy the Southern California sunshine! We hope to welcome you again on your next trip. Take care.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

stayed here about 11 times fantastic location for disney and LA. freiendly hotel clean and spacious. added bonus of pool. Great breakfast and you can book trips there!! will use again and again. PERFECT

Room Tip: rooms are all ok
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Greetings, and thank you for your review wonderful review of Anaheim Plaza Hotel. We are so grateful for your loyalty, and appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us. We're so happy to hear that you enjoy our Olympic sized pool, breakfast buffet and convenient location. We look forward to welcoming you for many more trips to the Disney and LA area! Safe travels.

Been to Anaheim Plaza Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!