“Fab location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #68 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Fab location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

stayed here about 11 times fantastic location for disney and LA. freiendly hotel clean and spacious. added bonus of pool. Great breakfast and you can book trips there!! will use again and again. PERFECT

Room Tip: rooms are all ok
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GuestRelationsAPH, Guest Relations Manager at Anaheim Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Greetings, and thank you for your review wonderful review of Anaheim Plaza Hotel. We are so grateful for your loyalty, and appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us. We're so happy to hear that you enjoy our Olympic sized pool, breakfast buffet and convenient location. We look forward to welcoming you for many more trips to the Disney and LA area! Safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

In a really great location as it's only a 5-10 minute walk to Disneyland. We only stayed for 2 nights but as we were going to Disneyland all we needed was somewhere to sleep so this place was perfect. Fairly basic rooms in an only average complex but for the low price that we paid we were very satisfied. Front desk reception were really helpful and incredibly friendly.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestRelationsAPH, Guest Relations Manager at Anaheim Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Greetings, and thank you for sharing your review with us. Our staff works hard to deliver exceptional service to each guest, and we are pleased to hear that our front desk team delivered the friendly and helpful service we strive for. Our close proximity to Disneyland certainly does make it convenient to enjoy the park, and we hope to welcome you again on your next trip.
Durango, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

We stayed the last weekend of January in room 529. The hotel is old and is in bad need of some refurbishment. We had stayed there several years ago so knew what to expect and were only looking for a clean place to sleep. We have annual passes so we need a cost effective place to stay for quickie trips to Disneyland. The room appeared to be clean and I did my usual bed bug search around the bed, headboard, mattress, etc and found nothing. As other reviews have noted, the carpet was nasty - made our socks black after just a few minutes. HOWEVER, three days after we got home, I noticed my arm was itching and when I looked I found 6 red bumps (in two straight lines) that were very itchy and red, almost blistery looking. The bites resembled mosquito bites but I live in Colorado and it's January so, no mosquitoes and it was cool at Disneyland so I had on long sleeves. After MUCH internet searching, looking at pictures and descriptions, etc, I'm afraid they are bed bug bites. Apparently, it can take up to two weeks for them to appear and they often tend to bite in straight lines. There are no recent reports of bed bugs at the Plaza (I checked before we went) so I cannot say for sure that they are bed bug bites but I also cannot rule it out. I will not be staying at the Plaza again as it is not worth the risk - I'm really hoping we didn't carry some hitchhikers home this time.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
GuestRelationsAPH, Guest Relations Manager at Anaheim Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Greetings Heidi,
We are sorry to hear that you were not satisfied with your stay with us. We take our guest reviews very seriously, and have done an extensive inspection of room 529. After a full inspection of the entire room by multiple associates, we can guarantee that the room does not have bed bugs or any other insects that could have caused the bumps you are referring to. Additionally, we have not been advised of any such cases from other guests, and would encourage you to share your concerns with us while on-property so that we may address them immediately, and help to better your stay. We are very sorry that you have experienced this discomfort, but ensure you that it was not our property that you received the bites from. Kind regards.
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Value for money after all you only need a place to sleep , shower, and store your stuff. Desk staff very helpful noticed that we are a return guess and gave us the closet room to everything, pool, shop, desk , laundry , games room, not overly big rooms but big enough for 4, patio rooms are better cos you can sit out with more room than a balcony room , bathroom water pressure isn't the best but it does the job ,5 mins from Disneyland, 2 min to bus stop for tours to pick you up , why pay more when your out all day either shopping, Disneyland parks, or touring. We are staying here again in 12 weeks , please feel free to ask me anything about this hotel and I can tell you, don't waste money staying in expensive hotels keep your saving for shopping ..lol , stay here!!! kids under 17 stay free, kids under 9 eat at buffet breakfast free with paying adult. Never had a problem in the 4 times we have stayed here. Thanks Anaheim Plaza ,c u soon

Room Tip: Patio rooms are better no stairs to climb.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Greetings, and thank you so much for your continued loyalty to Anaheim Plaza Hotel. We are so happy to hear your wonderful feedback, and appreciate you sharing with us. Nothing pleases us more than knowing we've delivered excellent service and a comfortable stay to our guests. Our close proximity to Disneyland is certainly convenient, and we are glad to hear that you've enjoyed our large buffet breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you again soon!
Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

After reading some of the negative reviews here on tripadvisor my husband and I were a little hesitant about booking a room at this hotel. However, being a smoker my choices of places to stay are limited. AND we wanted to be in walking distance to Disneyland.
We checked in early and a room was ready for us. We were also able to buy our hopper tickets at the front desk at the same cost as Disneyland.
When we first walked into our room I was expected to smell cigarettes, but did not. At first I thought they accidentally gave us a non-smoking room. I then noticed that there wasn't any ashtrays around. I called the front desk and within 5 minutes I had an ashtray.
It was also a nice surprise to have a balcony! I was able to step outside to smoke, and it was also great getting that cool breeze.
The room was clean and had everything we needed..... including microwave and refrigerator. We were sure to pack our slippers, though, because some of the reviewers here complained about the carpets being dirty. We had no problem with that.
The place is old, and shows it's age. But for the money we felt we got a pretty good deal. They don't offer free wi-fi, and there's no free breakfast, either. I paid the $10.00 per day for internet service, and we packed our own breakfast, so this was not a problem for us. Staying here was still cheaper than the "other" hotel we normally stay at in Anaheim (which was already booked).
The only complaint I have (if you even want to call it that) was that their ice machine is on a timer. You can only get 1 bucket of ice every 2 minutes. We thought that was a little ridiculous, but we only needed to fill our cooler once so it wasn't that big of a deal.
We would definitly stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: Our room was way in the back.... away from traffic noise and very close walking distance to the mall...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Greetings, and thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and will visit again next time you make a trip to Disneyland. Our balconies are a great way to enjoy the wonderful weather of Southern California, and we’re glad you enjoyed our in-room amenities. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

Went to Disneyland on my birthday.. yay!! Very special experience... and since it was a last minute trip we had to match a hotel with our budget.
Thank goodness for this hotel- it matched our budget. 95$/night-and we booked only a few days before. Great location- 10 minutes walk to the park. So we didn't have to rent a car- win!! Also we literally ran back to our hotel room after park visit since rain poured down like cats and dogs right after the fireworks. The location saved us from getting stranded and drenched.
BUT.. the room sucked... furniture musty... not well kept at all. The guy who checked us in was weird, creepy and rude.. not a good way to start off my birthday eve...So there were trade-offs.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
AnaheimPlazaHotelGR, Guest Relations Manager at Anaheim Plaza Hotel and Suites, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad that you were able to celebrate your birthday in close proximity to the park at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel. I am sorry that the room was not to your liking and have shared your comments with our managerial team.
San Diego, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2014

Let me start with the positives. The hotel (with 2 double beds) was relatively cheap. $75/night plus another $4/night for parking. It's also very close to Disneyland. Two lights/crosswalks to walk and you are there. Very, very convenient and beats paying for Disney parking. Staff was also very friendly.

Now for my not so positives. This place hasn't been remodeled since the 80's/90's. That or it just isn't well cared for at all. Either way, it's very basic, has an old school television with a very fuzzy picture. No internet access. I'm pretty positive the carpets haven't been deep cleaned in a few years. My freshly showered 3 year old ran around for 20 minutes and had black feet. Ewww. So we wore socks or flip-flops any time our feet touched the ground. The carpets themselves are black so you can't "see" any dirt. The breakfast buffet was a good price for a buffet, $10 per adult and one child was free with a purchase of an adult buffet. But the buffet itself was pretty mediocre at best. Honestly, skip it and walk down the street (toward Disney) and there is a nice Ihop and Denny's. You'd probably pay around the same but for better quality food.

My biggest issue were the ants!!!! Absolutely disgusting! We were afraid to eat or drink anything in our room because it. They were thankfully, mostly in the bathroom, we saw a few upon getting our room but thought it wasn't *too* big of a deal. We used a cup to have some water, emptied it before bed, left it on the sink to dry. Big mistake. The next morning it was covered in ants. They were everywhere. In the sinks, the floor, the shower. I think we would've been fine with everything else being so lackluster due to the cheap price and proximity to Disney. But the ants will absolutely keep us from coming back. No one should have to shower with ants crawling on the walls next to you.

Don't be a tightwad. Spend a few extra dollar and stay somewhere cleaner.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. First of all, I would like to apologize for the experience you had and would like to assure you that the situation has been taken care of. Guest experience is very important to us, and circumstances outside our control do sometimes take place.

Been to Anaheim Plaza Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!