“Beware of Free Breakfast promotion” 3 of 5 stars

Anaheim Plaza Hotel and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1700 South Harbor Boulevard, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #64 of 112 hotels in Anaheim
KC
“Beware of Free Breakfast promotion”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We used the TRIPA promo code that is advertised on Trip Advisor for free breakfast. Note that when they say stay Sunday thru Thursday it means that if you stay Wednesday nite you get Thursday breakfast. If you stay Thursday nite you get NO free breakfast on Friday morning. Also we had issues using the free breakfast coupons they gave us at check in. We got coupons for the two adults and they said the kids would get breakfast free because usually it is buy an adult and get a kid free. When we tried to use it, the restaurant stated that you either got the kids free promo or the adults free promo but not both. Manager was nice the first day and gave us both free and said he would address with the hotel staff. For the second day we went to the front desk and got coupons for the kids too in an attempt at avoiding the issue and you could see several discussions going on amongst the restaurant staff as they obviously didn't think we should have coupons for all of us.

The room was ok for what little time we spent there but it was on the noisy side and the maid staff was out bright and early adding to the noise. Gotta admit that it was close to Disneyland.

Room Tip: we stayed on the ground floor and you could hear kids running across the floor in the room above us...
Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

773 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Let me begin by saying, that if you are a hotel snob, you will find it difficult to find reasonably priced and convenient lodging near Disneyland. After having stayed at several of the motels across the street from DL, this is now my first choice. It is an older hotel, but has perfectly served my needs for three of my last four trips to DL. We use the room strictly for sleep, because, of course, we are visiting the Happiest Place on Earth. The parking, especially compared to the postage stamp-sized parking lots at the other nearby motels, is plentiful. The desk clerks, all of whom are very nice, allowed us to park there all day the first day, although check-in time is not until 3pm, and even allowed my father to use a parking spot for the day when joined us for a day.

The bathroom is always clean. The pillows are not great, and my husband immediately removed the comforters from the beds. The carpet is what you might expect of a motel room. The only thing I can really complain about is that there was no microwave in the room on this past visit. You may need to request one if you need one during your stay. Also, I prefer the rooms with a balcony or patio, but not having one is not a big deal to us.

When we stayed last November, we tried the breakfast buffet, while trying to wait out the rain--it didn't stop :( and it was much better than we expected, and much cheaper than breakfast in the park.

Room Tip: The rooms facing Harbor Blvd look right at California Adventure and have a view of the fireworks.
Whistler, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed here whilst visiting Disneyland April 2013. We stayed 2 nights.
The most annoying thing was how expensive the wifi is. $10 per day is extortion.
The lobby was a mess. Caution tape around some fans on the floor it looked like there was an issue with water leakage or flooding.
Did not have the breakfast or try the bar.
The room was average. The pillows were not comfortable. There wasnt a great seal around the doors so I could hear everything happening out in the corridor which is open air. The room attendants worked early so their vacuuming early was a delightful way to wake up after an exhausting day.

For the good points - the location. This is the only reason to stay here. 1 block to Disney entrance.
If you do stay here here's a tip - ask for a room on the 2nd floor and go to Mcdonalds to use their wifi.
Do not ask the front desk for advice. They dont seem to know the area very well. I asked them how long it would take to get to the outlets. They were going to send me 2 hours away instead of a 10 minute drive. I had to show them on the map. Ridiculous

Room Tip: 2nd floor would get less noise. Better view if you want to watch the fireworks
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Great location to walk to Disneyland and California Adventure. The room was clean, updated, and comfortable. The staff was friendly while we were there, but not so helpful when we realized we left a personal item in our room when we checked out. Called to see if item was found, talked to 3 different departments, left our phone number, and no one has called us back. Not impressed!

Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Last week I took my boys to Disneyland for the first time. I wanted a hotel that was close to the Disneyland entrance. (You know how tired and sore you are after a long day at Disneyland? It's gotta be close.) I also wanted it to be reasonably priced and clean. The friends we traveled with had stayed at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel a couple other times and recommended it. I was perfectly happy with it. Here were the good things about it:

* Just about a block and a half outside of the entrance. (Right across the street from the Tony Roma's, if you know the area.) Totally close enough to walk home instead of waiting for a shuttle. We walked to and from the park each day with kids, with no problem.

* The room was clean, tons of countertop space in the bathroom, beds were acceptable. It's nothing fancy, but it is cheap and clean. That's all I'm asking for when I'm traveling with my kids.

* Parking was only $4/day.

* We didn't have time to use the pool, which is unfortunate because it was very big and looked nice.

* Our room had a mini-fridge/freezer and a microwave. Nice.

* The kids were happy with the choices of TV channels. Comedy Central, Cartoon Network, etc.

* The staff was polite and friendly. We didn't have any problems.

* I liked the breakfast buffet at the restaurant inside the hotel lobby. Great price (adults $10, kids $5, plus one kid eats free with each paying adult.) Good coffee, great French toast, good fruit, eggs, veggies. The kids loved the hot cocoa. Drinks were included with the buffet price. We ate here two mornings in a row and really enjoyed ourselves.

* The grounds were really nice, kept up really well. Lots of flowers on our walk to our room.

* Pretty good sound-proofing. Not really any worse than most hotels I've stayed at. I also liked that our rooms attached to our friends' if desired.

* Lots of drawer and closet space as well.

Things I didn't like about the hotel were few, but they are: no safe in the room to lock up valuables, the wifi isn't free, and there weren't enough outlets in the room. None of these things are deal breakers, just a little annoying.

Overall, I highly recommend it and I would definitely stay there again if I ever decide my feet feel up to going to Disneyland again.

Medicine Hat, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I decided to go to Disneyland with my wife and two children, two weeks previous to our stay. There was not a lot near the maingate for a reasonable price for six nights. I found this hotel for half the price of others this close. I was a little hesitant when I read some reviews. All I can say is this place is great, especially for location! We got a great room, a little small, but we booked a standard room so no surprises. The hotel is older and so is the room but it was clean, no black feet as some reviews mention. I tried to get black feet on new socks and I got nothing. The beds were not the most comfortable for us, but everyone is different. The only issue I had was with taking a shower. The temperature would not stay consistent. It would start off nice, then get cold and then very hot. All I can say is becareful as you do not get burned in the shower and don't turn on the sink or flush the toilet when in the shower. The hotel pool is very nice and large but we did not use as my children wanted to spend all of their time at the parks. The hotel has a restaurant which we ate at every morning. They had a breakfast buffet which had a good selection of foods for $10 an adult and one child/adult under nine would get the buffet for free (drinks included). This restaurant was very clean and the staff was friendly, especially Alex (I hope management knows the great employee they have in you Alex!) The restaurant is very convenient and you don't waste time trying to find a restaurant in the morning when your kids want to get to the parks. Front desk staff were very friendly and social. The cleaning staff don't say much though. This hotel is located right next door to the Anaheim Garden Walk Mall, but we can't comment because we did not visit it. Would I stay here again? In a second, as long as prices stay as low as we paid. If they decide to raise prices to the level of other main gate hotels then I would not stay here again. If you are looking for a Marriot or Sheraton...I recommend you not stay here as it is very basic, old but clean and good value for the money. Oh, by the way, you roach people out there. This is a humid, warm area of the country...there are gonna be roaches. I have stayed at many maingate hotels around Disneyland and have never seen a roach, but if I did, I would kill it and get on with my fun at Disney.

Room Tip: We stayed in Building 500. This building is in a great location as it is in the centre of everythin...
Hayward, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I am a member of a forum that has a mixed opinion of this property but when I found a rate of only $81.00 per night versus over $120.00 farther from Disneyland so we switched since our main reason for the night was to sleep/shower and refresh.

We saved money and loved the hotel - which is more technically a motel but this did not bother us in the least. The grounds are well kept and the check in process was flawless. The front office supervisor checked us in and was very friendly in doing so. We had requested a high floor room with a view of the fireworks which we received as well and they also wished us a happy anniversary which we were celebrating which was appreciated!

The room was clean and suited our needs. The towels and sheets were clean and free of any issues. The blanket was a little worn/old but nothing bad..just some wear areas. The carpet was pulling in some areas by the back nightstands , but purely a cosmetic "issue" - not one two adults were concerned with.

The king size bed was firm but comfy , pillows are a little small but nothing an extra request can't fix.
I really enjoyed that the AC unit had a remote control as that made it very convienent during the night.

The outdoor patio was very spacious with two white plastic chairs outside and gave a great view of the back/side of the Tower of Terror and would have had fireworks had they not been cancelled due to winds.

We never heard any noise - whether from other guests or staff/maind service. We were facing the back of the Gardenwalk and never heard any noise from that direction either.

The walk was very close by only about 8-10 minutes to the gates. Very well lit and had security on premises as well that were polite and checked in on the vehicles regularly. We will be back!

Room Tip: Request a high floor in 600 building - great room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Anaheim Plaza Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!