“Our room smelled like cat pee” 1 of 5 stars

Anaheim Plaza Hotel and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1700 South Harbor Boulevard, Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #65 of 112 hotels in Anaheim
Mesa, AZ
“Our room smelled like cat pee”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

Our family booked 8 rooms for our disneyland trip. I have no clue what we paid for the rooms, but our room was smelly and dirty. We walked on the carpet with socks and ended up having a black film on them. The location to disneyland was great, but I will never stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

774 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed here with my father to see some baseball games. This place was clean and is located across the street from Disneyland. The pool is great. The breakfast is ok.

It is getting very dated and could seriously use a renovation. The wifi is expensive and only works on one device. We had to buy it twice so we could surf the web at the same time. It smells like pine sol.

It really is nothing special.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hurleyville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

I stayed here two nights with my grandchildren age 1 and 4. It was perfect. Location is ideal and staff are very friendly and accommodating. The restaurant should be more children friendly. I don't recommend eating there with young children. They don't have small silverware or plastic dishware.

Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights with my younger brother during our trip to Disneyland. We previously had stayed at the park vue inn, but I felt that hotel was overpriced. I payed about $240 including tax to stay at anaheim plaza hotel, for a two queen bedroom.

The good:
-the location was great. It was a bit father than the park vue, but it took no longer than 5 minutes to get to the security checkpoint. Very easy walk.
-I was very surprised at how huge the room and bathroom was.
- the staff was very accommodating and friendly.

The bad:
-I didn't feel like it was clean. Sure it was vacuumed and everything was wiped down, but I didn't want to walk through barefoot or put anything on the floor.
-the walls/ceiling are paper thin. At about midnight the first night of our stay, I could hear every word the people above us were saying. I felt like they were jumping up and down and I couldn't sleep. Very annoying when we were trying to get some rest before a day of being at Disneyland. The second night wasn't as bad, but still quite a bit of noise. The air vents were making strange noises as well
-our radio was turned on and we couldn't figure out how to turn it off. It was very quietly playing Mexican music. We couldn't hear it until we were trying to sleep. But the plug was behind my bed so we couldn't unplug it either.
-not that big of a deal, but it would have been nice to not have to wait for a family member to come check us in, as I am 20 and not 21.
-parking was $4 a night. We didn't have a car but most placed are free.
-also would have been nice to have a free breakfast. But I guess that would up the cost per night.

Would I stay here again? Yes. If it was drastically cheaper again. Give it a shot if you're looking for somewhere to sleep, and not to hang out all day.

• Stayed November 2012
Las Vegas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Disneyland guests: This Hotel will meet your needs, as long as you don't need 4 star amenities.

If a new, super nice bed is a must, book the Deluxe rooms (recently renovated). If you want the lowest cost in a comfortable, but smaller room, go with the Standard rooms. I booked Standard and was upgraded to a Deluxe room. I am returning here in the near future, so I asked to be shown a Standard after a wonderful nights sleep on a new Simmons Beautyrest Queen in Deluxe Room 702. The bed in the Standard was basic, old and very squeaky. The room was smaller than the Deluxe (our kids said, "This is the biggest room we have ever stayed in", so they noticed the large size of the Deluxe room). Another difference is the Deluxe has a central climate system (of sorts) and the Standard has a window unit.

I got a great rate. I slept wonderfully. I was treated perfectly by the staff. I didn't have any complaints. I waited too long to upgrade my reservation for next month and wish I had sooner. The Deluxe rooms are sold out and so, my review next month of this property could be less positive.

Victorville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My party rented 4 connecting hotel room for the first weekend in December, 2012 as we were visiting Disneyland for 2 days. We also requested cribs for our room and they were already set up in our room upon arrival.

The rooms were all equipped with small refrigerators and one room had a microwave. All the rooms had 2 queen beds, extra long countertops in the bathrooms with double sinks, and a nice floor to ceiling window to look out into the garden area.

We stayed on a Sunday and Monday night and paid only $59 a night for each room. It is literally right across the street form Disneyland and it takes less than 10 minutes to walk to the opening gate. The hotel has a restaurant that is never really busy as it seems to really only serve guests of the hotel. It was reasonably priced and the food was good. My husband and I had a good ol' cheeseburger and fries but they also had an assortment of Mexican food that our party also tried and said it was really good. We also ate breakfast as they offer a breakfast buffet. It cost about $10 a person but KIDS EAT FREE. How awesome is that? They offered pancakes, french toast, bread (and a toaster), 2 kinds of cereal with whole milk and 2%, croissants, oatmeal, muffins, bacon and sausage, and fixings for breakfast burritos. My whole party was pretty satisfied with the selection and taste.

Gripes? There were 2 notable problems we ran into: 1) The beds were SO HARD. I have stayed in some cheapy hotels with some cheapy beds but these beds were extra firm. My body was a little sore from walking all day at Disneyland and the hard beds at night did little to relieve the discomfort. Do they really have to be so hard?? I think if we stay here again, I will be bringing a mattress topper if I can. 2) The rooms come with tiny blow dryers but at least 3 of us had the same problem: after about 30 seconds the blow dryers quit working. Needless to say, bring your own blow dryer. I would give this hotel 5 stars if they beds were more comfortable. But you can't beat $59 a night. I've paid more for a Motel 6 (which was NOT a good experience).

Other than that, we were so pleased with this hotel. Everyone was so nice and accommodating. They have a huge pool but it was too chilly for us to try out. If you're going to be visiting Anaheim or Disneyland, I would highly recommend staying at this hotel. If you're looking for super fancy, this is not it. However, it is clean, nice, and safe plus it's in a great location.

Room Tip: Our rooms were the cheapest, so maybe the beds would be a little more comfy in a more expensive room...
Kelowna, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

There are a few things that need to be improved at his Hotel. First is the water temperature, taking a shower was dangerous for anyone, especially a small child. It went from cold to scalding hot with no warning. Second , the price of this Hotel was fair but all the up charges for parking and WiFi are crazy. People would pay a little bit more if both were included, $5.00 per hour for WIFI is just not right. A microwave would have been nice, many people eat out and have leftovers to save on the food bill. Rooms were comfortable and quite spacious compared to other hotels in the area, and the staff was very pleasant and I found the rooms very clean and well made up. It was plenty close enough for families to walk to Disney.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Anaheim Plaza Hotel and Suites? Share your experiences!