“Good for a quick trip” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #70 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
Alberta
“Good for a quick trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

We stayed here for 8 nights in October 2011 to go to Mickeys Halloween Party! We got a steal of a deal ($59 cad a night) This property is a easy walk to the gates of DL... Since we were only here 8 nights we decided to find a cheaper hotel as we wouldnt be spending time there anyway: mostly in DL. Our room was ok...beds were fine very average. Not the cleanest place we have stayed but for the price I guess what can I say? the pool was fantastic our boys loved to play in it while we sat in the hottub. There was no free breakfast but the breakfast coupons they give you for the restauraunt breakfast buffet are awesome! We loved eating there!! The staff was so friendly and worked so hard! The breakfast buffet was great, one of our favorites for sure with fresh fruit and hot selections! It was a nice way to start the day and it was $20 for all 4 of us! There is no free internet here which knew when we booked, if we would have stayed longer we would have selected another property based on this as we tend to work a bit on vacation. All in all, if you can get a room for a amazing deal I would say go for it if its going to be a short stay.. Im not sure we would stay here again unless it was a last minute trip and our favorite place was booked, but we certainly enjoyed the trip!
As a final note, I left my $450 Gucci sunglasses at the pool one afternoon and when I noticed the next morning, went to the front desk, and the housekeeping staff had found them and brought them to me! I was absolutely shocked and thankful that their staff was so honest and on top of things like that! Was sooo grateful!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
Berkeley, Califolrnia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I had trouble with the rating because everything was good except for the smell. For those who are expecting hotel suites, this is not the place; it is really an old motel that added a nice lobby and restaurant and gave themselves a new name. Even though it was old, and a bit shabby, the staff were very helpful and friendly, the rooms were clean and the location was excellent for anyone going to the Convention Center (or Disneyland). The room had a strong musty smell, but the windows were not locked, so it was easy to get fresh air. The other downside was that my room was all the way at the end, right next to some huge generators, which were noisy at night with the window open.

There was a refrigerator and microwave and in room coffee, which I appreciated. Also, since the rooms were old, they were actually quite large, which was unexpected.

I didn't have the breakfast buffet, but I did have dinner in the [Mexican] restaurant, and it was very good, and very well priced, even without the discount coupons (breakfast and dinner), and the restaurant included a full bar.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the generators.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Tempe. AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

We had passed this property a number of times and always wanted to give it a try. We are 5-6 times a year Disneyland visitors and routinely stay at another hotel property which has started to become a bit troubling. Hence we thought we would finally give this one a try.

I read all of the previous reviews, balanced out the almost equal number of 'Excellent' and 'Terrible' ratings, and paid most attention to those in the middle -'Poor', 'Average' and 'Very Good'. Going in with an open mind, most of what travelers wrote in those categories is what we experienced.

--yes, this is an older property and more of the 1960's ranch-style design. Know that going in and you shouldn't be shocked and appalled when it is not the Grand Californian or Disneyland Hotel. The upside is older hotels usually mean larger standard rooms (which was the design back then) and we were pleasantly surprised by the amount of room space and larger bathrooms.

--There are signs at parts of the hotel wood being 'painted over' and the amount of paint and number of times this has happened is apparant.

--The beds were ok, and no back aches upon waking up in the morning.

--The room and bathroom was clean - not hosptial sterile - but clean enough to be acceptable. We did not see any mold or spiders, nor had any leaky faucets or auto-running toilets. The room appeared to be vacuumed/cleaned and the linen on the beds was fresh.

--Noisy. We had a first-floor room and heard a lot of 'thumping' and 'creaking' from the room above us. Since this is an older property I imagine the wood flooring between floors has aged and warped to the point where it sounded like the burning city scene from Pirates of The Caribbean. This is a huge distraction and annoyance at night when you are trying to fall asleep. While not a show-stopper, I would definitely request an upper-level floor and try and be gentle for the people below.

-- The breakfast buffett was ok, but I would not hesitate to skip it and go somewhere else. It definitely would not be something I would tell people as a reason to stay at this hotel.

To start off with the host/hostess was nowhere to be found and we waited a good 10
minutes before anyone appeared to seat us. In the interim the line behind us queued
quickly and there was no shortage of waiters/waitresses running past the host stand
pretending we weren't there.

The service was spotty at best, and requests for drinks and refills had to be asked for
2-3 times before they were completed.

Our family was split on whether the food was good or not. I thought it was mediocre and
industrial, my wife thought it was ok, although we did agree that scrambled eggs should
not be a tan color but rather bright yellow and fluffy.

-- I could see where some people might think the front desk staff not the most friendly. When I checked in I interacted with a women who never looked up from her computer and than as soon as another desk person showed up passed me off to them. What balanced this out from being a complaint is that the second person was extermely polite and attentive.

-- Location and Price are the best draws for this property with the walk to Disneyland very minimal and very easy. We paid a bit more for what was categorized as a deluxe room but I'm not sure what that meant. The addtional upgrade cost was minimal enough that I would factor it in when comparing to other hotels in the area.

Bottom line - this is an average hotel that is older, and has some faults. If you can get a good rate it is definitley worth exploring staying here. I imagine there are less-than-stellar rooms that you may end up with however. If the rates climb into the $100 + category than there are other properties you should consider.

Room Tip: Pay for the additonal upgrade to a better room, and definitely do not stay on the first floor.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

My cheer team slept here for three days. The beds are ripped and falling apart. They are hard and have many holes in the sheets. The bathroom is gross and I've never seen more spiders in my life here. The shower is either BURNING hot or FREEZING cold. The door knobs are falling off and the room smells bad. When we ordered extra towels it took an hour to get them. The maids put your stuff in drawers and places you don't know where they are. DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

The hotel staff were not the most friendly of people and gave us wrong information about Disneyland.

The cleaners are noisy and yell and bump things at 8am and are not friendly.

The fridge is in the room with the beds and makes a buzzing noise along with the air conditioner which is old.

Our tv was fuzzy and was frustrating to watch.

There is not free Internet or buffet breaky which most hotels in America we stayed in were complimentary - it was a hassle after the easiness of the other hotels.

My partner and I got a room with two small doubles rather than a nice bed
To share.

It was easy enough to sleep after being tired from Disneyland but I wouldn't reccomend it as there are heaps of hotels along the strip in front of the entrance.

• Stayed March 2012
Manteca, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

My family and I stayed here last year for 2 nights. It is so close to Disneyland that I couldn't believe how inexpensive it is. I expected something more like a Motel 6, but the lobby gave the impression of a really nice hotel. The pool looked nice and the rooms were clean. It does have add on charges like parking ($4.00) and no free wi fi. but we were here for Disneyland, not a spa hotel. We are planning to go here again next month, so if it has changed a lot from the last trip, I will write another review.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
San Mateo, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Do NOT stay here. It is as simple as that. I went on this trip with my Orchestra to play and record at Disneyland and i was expecting a better hotel than what I paid for. The first night we stayed there one of my roommates feel asleep fairly early, my other roommates and I were walking around and we noticed a bug on her pillow. We walk over to see it was a cockroche. We noticed multiple cockroches throughout the hotel room as our stay progressed. When we all went to bed the beds were very uncomfortable and when we woke up in the morning a couple of us found bites on our arms as if from bed bugs. The breakfast in the morning wasn't that great. The pool looked very dirty. The showers never stayed at a constant comfortable temperature and on the 3rd night my friend opened the shower curtain after showering and the rod actually feel on her head. When i looked at it it wasn't even nailed it in it was just secured with suction cups. The walls there were very very thin and there was some type of radiator thing outside our room that made so much noise. There was either no heating/air conditioning or it was too complicating to figure out and the sheets were super thin so we would wake up in the morning and our teeth would be chattering. Each day it didnt seem like the maids had put in new towels. The patios were probably the nicest part of the hotel. They were definetly the nicest part of the room. When you first walk in the room looks resonable but as you start settling in things start falling apart. Our toilet clogged very easily, you could put alittle too much toilet paper and the water wouldnt re-fill in the bowl. By the end of the trip our room was barely able to stay in. I am being honest when i say you will be 10x happier paying an extra $20 a night and staying at a better place.

Room Tip: Just don't stay here. Try the Marriot, previous classes that have taken this trip and they have...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business