“Reasonable location within walking distance to Disneyland” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 4 + WiFi
Ranked #46 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Mandurah, Perth
“Reasonable location within walking distance to Disneyland”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

Well we stayed here from the 26th Jun for 4 days. We encountered no problems with our check-in and found the rooms to be of a good size for the 3 of us. The room was clean and tidy. The staff were helpful with any questions that we had. There is also a desk in the hotel to purchase your Disneyland passes and they were also very helpful in helping out with planning our day and nights there. The hotel is about 20 min walk to the front gate of Disneyland.
The only down side of the hotel is that you have to pay to use the WI/FI in your room which is about $12 per day US. Also if you dont like big hotels then this it not for you, as the hotel has about 1500 rooms.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (451)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
winterwonderland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

My fiance and I stayed at the Hilton in Anaheim for the Fourth of July weekend. We checked in on Friday. Due to a slight delay at check-in, our reservation specialist gave us a room with a view of the nightly fireworks show at Disney. We were able to watch fireworks every night of our stay! Our room was nicely furnished and the bed was divine. Our heads sank into the pillows as if they had been designed just for us. We dined in twice. Room service was speedy and our meals were delicious. I especially enjoyed the seafood cappenelli! The staff was very friendly. Our only complaint was the daily parking fee of fifteen dollars. I don't agree that paying guest should also pay an extra fee for parking. Overall, I would recommend staying at the Hilton in Anaheim due to its close proximity to Disneyland and it is very family friendly. I look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2010

We stayed here for two nights to visit Disneyland. I believe there is a shuttle from here to Disneyland but we walked across the road to the Disneyland car park and caught the shuttle from there.
The parking and check-in was good and the room was quite nice. The bed was comfy and the room was quiet with a view of the pool and Disneyland. The only issue with the room was the A/C was very noisy. When the thermostat turned on the compressor it sounded like a jet engine taking off, which interrupted sleep a bit on the first night. The second night we turned the A/C to a constant flow rather than thermostat control, it was just as noisy but since it was constant it wasn't as bad.
The falicities in the hotel looked good, we used the gym and it was excellent. The pool was nice but the spa wasn't very hot.
This hotel would be perfect for a business traveller but for Disneyland the location was OK, but still need a shuttle to the front gate.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2010

This was my first visit to the Hilton Anaheim since they have renovated the property. We attempted to stay at this hotel a few months ago but due to service issues upon arrival we told them to cancel and book us at another Hilton Property in Anaheim.

This is a huge hotel, think vegas size. When hotels are this huge personalized customer service is not a strength, and that proved true at the Hilton Anaheim. The desk clerk was cordial at check-in, I would stop short of saying he was friendly. Our room was ready as promised, so we were pleased.

The room was nicely decorated w/ modern furniture, a very comfortable bed, and all the amenities we needed. The room was fairly clean, the bedding was great as were the towels. Our floors in our room were dirty and the furniture hadnt been wiped off. The night stand had food on it and our coffee table had glass rings all over it. Our housekeeper seemed very overwhelmed each day. We left our room about 10-10:30 each morning and she asked each day if we wanted our room serviced. She was the only housekeeper we saw in the wing during our stay. Perhaps they have stretched their houekeeping staff too thin?

We encountered a couple minor services issues during out stay which were not addressed by the hotel. We called for a razor and shaving cream and they said it would be right up. An hour later, no razor. I called again and the woman I spoke with pointed out that my request had only been put in "the system" 3 minutes prior. After three hours had passed we gave up and went to Target. Guest Services via telephone at the hotel was not helpful at all during our stay.

The Hilton Anaheim has an excellent restaurant on the property. The MIX serves a great breakfast. Many people have commented in these reviews that the breakfast is over-priced, but I thought it was outstanding. The buffett had very hot, very high quality food. The service in the restaurant was OUTSTANDING. I wish we had written down the names of the two women who waited on us. By far the best service on the property is in the MIX.

Overall we enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Anaheim very much. The room was comfortable, suprisingly very quiet and centrally located.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

My 3 night stay at this hotel was enjoyable. We selected it due to the close proximity to Disneyland. The hotel is an easy 10 to 15 minute walk to Disneyland, or you can pay to ride a shuttle (cost a family of 4 about $8 each way, or you can buy all day passes for a discount). Our room was nothing special, but it was clean and the beds were comfortable. This hotel was a bargain compared to the nicer Disneyland hotels, but not quite as close/convenient to the Disneyland parks. Another plus for this hotel is that it is located within a 5 minute walk of several good restaurants in an area called Garden Walk or something like that. Our kids enjoyed the large pool and 4 spas.

Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

I just returned from a five-night stay at the Hilton Anaheim. We stayed at this hotel since it directly next to the convention center - which was the main reason for our visit as my wife had a conference to attend. I did not attend the conference, but joined her for a mini-vacation. As I had time to explore the hotel and really make full use of it, I learned that around every corner there are hidden charges.

The rooms are average, and there's nothing special to recall. They're exactly as I would expect for the cost - a bed, pillows, and a bathroom. They're not worth the price, but I had hoped that the extra $$/night would be reflected in the service and amenities offered. In fact, good luck getting a good night's sleep while you think about how you're going to be greeted by additional charges that next morning. Sadly - this was the furthest thing from the truth.

The fitness center charges $14 per day to use the facilities, a whopping $2 savings as opposed to being a non-guest. Try finding this information on their website or in the in-room amenities pamphlet. You can't. I wonder why. I can see charging for specific spin classes, but just to use the weights and cardio machines for $14 is nothing short of excessive.

Don't expect to go online while you're in the hotel. Though it's equipped with wi-fi, the hotel charges for this. In a time where free internet access is becoming standard, and many smaller hotels offer this service free of charge, the Hilton sees this as another opportunity to gouge you. Considering how little they have to do to provide this service I see no reason why this is not considered overhead and part of general hotel operating costs. Does the hotel staff not use the internet? Can you really tell me that cost charged is necessary for providing this service? Doubtful, considering places like McDonald's and Hampton Inn and Clarion hotels offer this for free.

There is no where to park near the hotel. All of the lots are paid, so the Hilton has you by the unmentionables. A $15/day rate to park yourself is a bit excessive. I understand the whole concept of supply and demand, however, in light of how frequent you're bombarded by additional charges, it sours you very quickly.

I'm surprised that they didn't charge to use the outdoor pool. Perhaps I should delete that so that they don't realize that there's another lost opportunity to gain some extra revenue.

I get it - this hotel is in business to make money and its our money that they want, and it's money I'll gladly part with if I feel that the return is worth it. The Hilton Anaheim Convention Center is NOT WORTH IT. At no point did I feel like a guest, but rather a huge walking wallet, or perhaps just a "sucker". I strongly don't recommend this hotel and considering the plentiful options in the Convention Center/Disneyland proximity finding another option that treats you like a guest instead of a cash machine should not be too hard.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Santa Rosa, CA, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2010

I booked this hotel on an online booking engine and was pleased with the value. The hotel is huge and located right next to the Anaheim convention center. It has easy access to Disneyland via shuttle (you have to pay for it). There is a variety of food choices in the hotel itself. They range from a nice sit-down restaurant, to a food court including a couple of quick service venues. There is a Starbucks in the lobby in addition to a variety of shops for browsing. The rooms are nice with very comfortable beds. The pillow-top mattresses are covered with down comforters and down pillows. We found the rooms to be both clean and quiet. Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Anaheim.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Anaheim? Share your experiences!