“Ok - but only if you like luke warm showers” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 4 + WiFi
Ranked #48 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
CA
“Ok - but only if you like luke warm showers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights to go to Disneyland and California Adventure. I used Hilton Honors points to book this room.

pro's -
-Somewhat close to the park or the shuttle which is $4 pp for all day use or probably a 15 min walk to the park
- Arrived for early check in and the room was ready, in the location I asked for
-Hotel has been remodeled - its nice, nice new bar
-ordered room service and it arrived on time and was what we ordered
-nice towels and bedding
-starbucks in the lobby

con's-
-miserable shower. NEVER had hot water. You know its not good when you have the chilly goosebumps IN the shower.
-everything seems to be cut at a slant so there are big gaps under the door - checked out other rooms and all seemed to have the same big slanted gap under the hotel room door. Allowed for noise to come through
-housekeeping is noisy - not sure if this is due to the gap in the door but we could clearly hear when housekeeping was cleaning a room in the vacinity
-poor housekeeping. it looks like all they did was make the bed.
-our room, bathroom door didn't close all the way - bad for privacy.

All and all . it was an ok stay - not sure if i would stay here again because of the hot water issue. But thats a big deal for me.. We stayed on the ninth floor. Internet was $12.95 a day and we did not park a car. Let me know if you have any questions - I'd be happy to answer!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
HiltonAnaheim, Marketing/Public Relations at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, January 6, 2010
Thank you for your valuable feedback and I wanted to address all of your concerns.

Over our renovation, all of the guest room doors were ordered at the same size. We understand there are some rooms with a slight gap underneath the door. Our property operations team are measuring and replacing those doors to correct this hitch.

I, too, understand the importance of a hot shower. This matter has already been brought to the attention of our property operations department to be investigated and corrected as soon as possible.

You stated, you felt the housekeeping was poor which is a huge concern for us. Our award-winning housekeeping staff take great pride in their work and go through extensive training. If you have specific concerns you feel need my immediate attention, I would be happy to talk with you directly.

Again, thank you for your review and bringing this to our attention. We hope to be your host on your next Disneyland/Anaheim adventure!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
stockton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2009

We booked online through Priceline...we did recieve a good rate of $51.00 a night.

A "Disney block" away (about 25 minute walk)....the Anaheim Hilton is a very beautiful hotel...14 stories I think, a 1 minute walk away from the Anaheim Convention Center. Pool, 4 spas, lots of lounging in the sun.

We were sort of forced to have the bellhop take our bags from the car, including the boxes of snacks, and ice chests...I have to admit a bit of embarrasment.....we usually stay at HoJo or Hampton Inn and Suites, or the Fairfield....you can imagine a truck pulling up, the doors open up, out falls water bottles, screaming children!

"Sir, the bags will be taken up to the room...it is complementary"

Wow....now the red cheeks were quite obvious...we sorta.....felt out of sorts here...

When you walk in, the lobby area is quite grand, lots of glass, lots of sparkley things.....there were business men and women eating their $18 dollar salads...and through the glass door comes...running, mouse eared children threading their way to the hand made Gingerbread houses and pretty, decorated Christmas trees!!!

My first impression, however changed as the days went along. We recieved great customer service, the pool was used every day, as were the 4 spas...one by one the "bowls of lava"(my 3 year old niece) were tromped into one, right after the other. The up and down trips on the escalators seem to be just as much fun to the kids as were the rides in Disneyland!

In the lobby there was a Starbucks, Saborro's, Baja Fresh, A big Character store and a very expensive gift shop (we had to pay 28 dollars for a pair of swim shorts...would you belive that all the stores in L.A....were out of bathing suits!!! 85 degree weather in Anaheim...December!!!!)

The ups:
-The lobby was so pretty!
-The escalators were fun!
-We never recieved dirty looks from anyone! :)
-The room was very clean, blankets comfy, the chair at the desk really comfy too!
-The towels were fluffy and soft.
-The pool and spa were clean, and fun for the kids.
-Lots of pillows!

The downs:
-The worst thing here....15 dollars a day for parking!!!! We did save using Priceline...so can not complain too much.
-The bathroom door had no lock, it was a sliding door, as well there was no exhaust fan.
-Having to take the ART back and forth however...will give an "up" for the fact that it was only 10 dollars for each adult for the 3 days, and 2 dollars for each child for the 3 days...and the stop was right in front of the hotel. (GIANT KUDOS FOR THE NICE PEOPLE WHO DRIVE THE ART BUSSES!!!)
-The long hallways. (you spend the days walking Disney....it is literally an extra mile from the ART stop, through the lobby, up the elevator, down the maze of corridors. It was difficult carrying dinners from the car, to the first set of elevators, walk to the second set of elevators, then OMG...did we get off on the 10th floor??? Oh no! We walked all the way to the room, realized after knocking on the door for 3 or 4 minutes...that we were at room 414-10! Oh....tired feet were crying then!
-No refrigerator
-No microwave
-No complimentary breakfast yumms

So...in the end...I would not exactly chose to stay here again...it was an adventure and I can imagine the mess of fun the hubby and I could have here in the fun zone!! :) Coming to Disneyland....if I could chose...we would stay in our usual places, right across the street, the low floor, with a free refrigerator, and microwave.

Hilton Anaheim is a pretty hotel, that provided our family with comfort, lots of poolside memories, and I am sure we gave them so laughter filled moments as well.

Everyone that we encountered who works here was friendly, smiled and was very nice...have nothing to say bad about that.

Oh...there is a fitness area with a nice warm indoor pool...however it costs 30 dollars! I am sure you can tell...we did not join in...we stuck with the free pool!

Hope this review helps!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Tasmania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2009

We stayed at the Hilton in November , the bed was very comfortable and the room clean , but no glasses in bathroom to clean teeth and only paper coffee cups to drink out of .( even 3 star hotels have glasses) $30.00 extra for a refrigerator and internet far too expensive , there are a lot better options around for the money. Also if you have difficulty walking ask for a room close to the elevators as it is a very big hotel with very long corridors.In future I will definetly pick a hotel with free internet access

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Phoenix
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2009

I was a little worried about staying at the Hilton Anaheim--we were there two years ago in a shabby room near construction noises...but we lucky this time. We were in a newly renovated room--it was very large, nice view of Disneyland. We used Hilton Honor points so the price was right...free. Except for the $19 a day valet parking (yes really). We did get the vouchers for the continental breakfast, but paid an extra $8 and had the full buffet which was nice.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2009

The Hilton is an expensive hotel and looks like one. After paying a large amount of money to stay at a hotel with an indoor pool for the kids (being December), I was shocked to find that there's a $30 charge to use it. This was not mentioned on Expedia where we booked. My complaints about Expedia will be documented elsewhere. When I asked about the high charges for the pool, $15/day parking and internet charges I was told that this is a "full service hotel." Full service meaning that you are charged for everything apparently. They don't even let you use a luggage trolley without using a bellman. No amenities without fees. No free shuttle to Disneyland, no fridge (another $30), no internet. They didn't even clean our room!
The hotel is clean and nicely decorated but feels more like an airport which I guess is understandable being next to the Convention Center. There are much cheaper options out there and I would recommend using them.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
sacramento, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2009

The rate was great, hotel was beautiful, rooms were clean and it had plenty of amentiies. My husband called that morning of our arrival to doubleck that we could have a connecting room with my parents and the crib that I requested when I made the reservation was already in the room when we got there. It was fairly busy given that it was the Thanksgiving holiday and there was also a basketball tourney going on at the nearby convention center. Then, on our last full day there, a wave of teenagers arrived. No fewer than 1,000. They were literally EVERYWHERE. The lobby, the restaurant, the elevators, the hallways. It took 15 minutes to get an elevator because there was so many of them. They congregated in the hallway of our floor and waited for all their friends while they figured out their plans for the afternoon. And they were loud. But the clincher came on the morning of our departure when I took essentially a very quick yet very lukewarm shower because for some reason there seemed to be a run on hot water that morning. But all in all it was a great hotel. Can't beat the location (a nice walk to Disneyland) and at $89 the price was right. I certainly can't fault Hilton for booking a large group of kids, but I'd think about staying at any hotel if I knew a group of teenagers that large would be in town for the weekend.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Santa Cruz
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2009

We enjoyed our stay at the Anaheim Hilton with our grandkids. The rooms are very nice, and there is a huge lobby. It is kind of impersonal, but everything does seem to be efficient. The rate we got was great through their Visa Signature promotion.

The big disapointment is that Hilton Honors gold members do not get the free breakfast they're supposed to receive with the program. I don't know how the hotel gets away with that. Instead, we got Starbucks coupons. The Starbucks people were very nice and tried to be accomodating for the kids, but really it's a very non-nutritious breakfast, since only the breakfast sweets are offered. Of course we ended up paying extra so we could have something nourishing, but that defeats the whole idea of the free breakfast for gold members. That same weekend we stayed one night at another Hilton hotel in downtown L.A., where gold members got full American style breakfasts.

We will stay here again, and probablly go off sight for breakfast, since their buffet is pricey for a family.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family

Been to Hilton Anaheim? Share your experiences!