“A little dated” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 114 Hotels in Anaheim
Everett, WA
“A little dated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed for the Wooden Legacy so the place was probably even more hectic than usual with players and fans from 7 of the 8 participating teams at the hotel in addition to the normal Disney crowd. The lobby is tired and dark. Check-in staff was friendly and properly addressed me as an HH member.

My particular room was on top floor. I guess it was formerly a club/executive level, but it didn't really look there was much differentiation from a normal floor. The two elevator wells are too close together so when you're in a room far away from the elevator you do have to walk a considerable distance each time. The furnishings are adequate and nice sized room, but the walls are rather thin.

An incorrect dining charge appeared on my bill but that was resolved thanks to the front desk staff.

Parking garage cost is a little pricey but I assume that's the Disney-inflation. More of a general Hilton issue rather than particular to this hotel but charging for in-room internet access is ridiculous in these times. Being charged a resort fee is absurd too and that combined with fee-based internet is the reason this is 3-star and not 4-star review.

Room Tip: Even if you normally do not like rooms near the elevator (like me), might not be the worst thing to...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear wtfresca, Thank you for writing a review of the Hilton Anaheim on TripAdvisor. Even though an incorrect charge was posted to your folio it sounds like the problem was very easily resolved by our excellent front desk staff. We would like to point out that the Hilton Anaheim not charge a resort fee. Because we do not charge a resort fee, extra amenities are available for purchase. We believe you should not have to pay for an amenity you do not use. However, we do have several amenities on the property which are complimentary such as the outdoor pool, wireless internet access in the lobby, and cable television including premium channels. As for the parking charge, the parking garage is owned and operated by the city of Anaheim. The city is also responsible for setting the parking rates. We hope you enjoyed your stay enough to return to the Hilton Anaheim. We would love to have you back.

Guest Satisfaction Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (533)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

There's is a lot to be said about this hotel. It took ne nearly two months to book my stay because I had to go through Corporate office- my daughter purchased rooms through a silent auction. Charles Reeves never called ne back ever. The sales team is terrible. Once we arrived, we were promised a suite overlooking a view of Disneyland, however we got a regular room with a queen size bed, even though the vouchers said otherwise. The front manager Fred Bla treated me so disrespectfully. They finally moved me after I threatened to check out and go to another hotel. The suite they put us in wasn't a suite- it was a king size bed with a board room attached. The only good thing was housekeeping did a good job. On our last day, they lost our luggage in the hotel, we missed our shuttle to get to the airport and I had to pay again. The absolute WORST hotel in the Disneyland area. The staff were rude and unhelpful and acted like they were doing me a favor by being in their hotel. You couldn't get food ordered to your room by phone. You had to go downstairs to verify your room. It was an utter mess. Charles Reeves is the Senior Sales manager and if my trip was any reflection of how he conducts business, God help Hilton Anaheim. Terrible terrible terrible.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Kimcae06, Thank you for posting on TripAdvisor. We apologize that there seemed to be some confusion when you were redeeming your gift certificate. While redeeming gift certificates is not the responsibility of our Sales team we are sorry not getting you in contact with the appropriate party. Based on the description you gave, it sounds like we were finally able to upgrade you to a Deluxe Suite. Those rooms have a conference table with chairs, an additional bathroom, a wet bar, and a furnished sitting area. This is one of our highest tiered room types in the entire hotel. It is unfortunate this upgrade was not to your satisfaction. We understand you had a lackluster experience on your first vist to our hotel but we hope this will not deter you from returning to our property and enjoying a more typical Hilton Anaheim stay.

Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

I had a great stay at this hotel, and was quite surprised by its lowish rating here on Tripadvisor (especially when compared with the Sheraton next door--see my review for my stay at that property). As an HHonors Gold member, I was upgraded to a studio. I was also given the choice of 2 complimentary breakfasts, or 1,000 HHonors Bonus points as a welcome amenity at check-in. The studio was very spacious. I found the room to be bright, with numerous outlets, great large windows, and comfortable bedding. I'd highly recommend this hotel for a clean, safe, and reliable full-service hotel near Disneyland.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Fzedlach, Thank you for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully we have become your preferred hotel when visiting Orange County. We’d also like to thank you for being an HHonors member. We do our very best to upgrade our HHonors members when upgraded room types are available. It is nice to hear you were able to upgraded to a Studio Suite and you seemed to have really liked the room. Until we see you again, happy travels!

Brush Prairie, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

My family and I stayed here the week of New Year's to enjoy Disneyland, California Adventure, and Universal Studios. We reserved 2 rooms on the 11th floor with a view of the Disneyland parks. One room was a double queen and the other was a king. The double queen was a decent size for 4, but the bathroom was too small. I hit my knee on the toilet a few times. The king room was more spacious and perfect for one or two people. Loved the coffee in the room...no free breakfast included with our stay and the line for the restaurant in the morning was super long. The food court downstairs was nice. Had good options for everyone and wasn't busy when we were there. Starbucks is downstairs, too, but we ended up walking to IHOP almost every morning for breakfast. There is no free shuttle to the parks, so we walked one day (15 min.), but took taxis the other days to and from the park. Price was between $6 and $10 each way depending on where you were dropped off or picked up. We had to rent a car to go to Universal Studios which was fine, but had to pay to park it that night at the hotel. The staff was average, not overly friendly, but helpful. They would tend to talk to eachother instead of helping customers, though...a big pet peeve of mine! I asked the desk clerk if our rooms were next to eachother and he said they were one room apart...and we should be happy with that! Guess they were very full, but I thought that was kind of rude. I had requested rooms next to eachother when I booked them 2 months prior...oh well. Decent hotel, but I would pay the extra money to stay at the Disneyland Hotel like we've done in the past.

Room Tip: Request upper floor rooms facing the Disneyland parks...worth the extra money to see the fabulous fi...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear jazzsherrie, Thank you for writing a review of the Hilton Anaheim on TripAdvisor. As a reminder, you can request room types and room locations when making your reservations but those rooms cannot be guaranteed. While free breakfast is not included with each reservation we are always offering a variety of packages. Many of those include breakfast. Check our website for details. While there is no free shuttle, there are several options available for transportation to Disneyland. As you mentioned you can walk or take a cab. You can also take the Anaheim Resort Transit (ART). The cost of a day pass is only $5 for adults, $2 for kids. That cost includes unlimited rides on the entire ART transit system for the day. The pickup and drop-off location is just outside our front door. We hope you will be staying with us again on your next visit to Disneyland.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

It was December 30th my package included Hilton 2 night stay. I decide to extend 3 addition nights. I would of have transfer to another hotel but everything was sold out and I purchase a package deal from Walt Disney Travel Co.

My first room was #5533 had garbage (candy or food wrappers) behind the night stand. The king bed headboard was filthy with hand palm print with oil residue. Bedsheets were wash with so much bleach. I was itching all night long and woke up with red rash.

Second room was #5565 is dirty with filthy black air vents. I woke up with the worst sore throat. Now I have sinus infection. The TV remote wasn't working. They sent 3 tech to the room. None of them were unable to fix the problem. We were unable to use the movie channels.

For breakfast with my oatmeal room service gave me hard old brown sugar. The Tabasco was expired. We order room service ask for ginger ale. We taste the ginger ale. It had a funny taste. I check for expiration date and it was expired. I called room service to let them know of the expired ginger ale. The clerk was rude and inconsiderate and could care less and no apology. No Guest service perks for the inconvenience. She called back and said,"All the ginger ale bottles in the hotel are expired and couldn't find any non expired ginger ale. Finally the bar had unexpired ginger ale. Then on my way out today 1/4/14 went to the Starbucks at the hotel lobby pick up a frappuccino bottle and all the bottle was expired. The clerk check the stock room and all the bottles were expired.

Front desk was unorganized I had a fax sent to me. Part documents of the fax were lost. Clerk said let me look through this pile of papers. The documents were my boarding pass.
Bell Hop Ken was very friendly helpful with the transferring rooms. Andrew from front desk was very helpful in extending my stay. The Room Services delivery guys Roberto and Effran were very helpful and courteous and friendly.

I'm a Hilton Honor member for being Hilton usually its 4.5. I will rate this 3. The bedding was just like at the Universal Hilton. The downpillows the mattress and the comforter was the best.

I'm going back to Disney and Hilton Headquarters with my complaints.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Elvirarod62, Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel on TripAdvisor. We apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay with us. It was an embarrassing oversight on our part but we are glad you brought the issues to our attention. We will share this review with the appropriate departments to insure this does not happen again. Even though you had some interactions with our staff that did not go as smoothly as hoped you also mentioned several team members that had a positive impact on your stay and provided you with exemplary service. You also complimented our mattresses and pillows. You will find that same bedding at each Hilton Hotel you will visit. It is also available online for purchase in case you love it that much. We hope you will return to our hotel so you can have a much truer Hilton Anaheim experience.

Concord, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

We usually stay at a Marriott property such as Fairfield Inn, SpringHill Suites or Courtyard Inn, so we are accustomed to free wi-fi in the room. This was a one-night stay as we were en route from Phoenix to San Francisco. We didn't want to go to Disneyland, but we did want to go to dinner in Downtown Disneepy and watch fireworks from the room, so we requested a room with a view.

The cost was deceiving. $104/night here or $180/night at Fairfield Inn, we chose what we thought was the better deal, but by the time we paid for parking, tipped the bellman (guests aren't allowed to use the luggage carts and since it was during the holidays and the trunk was full of gifts as well as a week's worth of luggage for 2 we couldn't manage self-parking and moving in by ourselves unless we could use the luggage cart), tipped the guy who brought the car around in the morning and bought breakfast (the other hotels offer complimentary breakfast), we spent way more than we would have if we'd gone to Fairfield Inn.

The room itself was wonderful. Very roomy, very comfortable, and a wonderful view of Disney.

For 2 adults though, to have screaming over-stimulated children in the next room was a real bummer and mood-killer. That was a drag and we had to call the front desk to have someone come tell the parents to quiet their children. We opted to avoid wi-fi because it just wasn't worth it...used our phones and decided to stick with the lower level marriott hotels in the future.

All in all, for one night, it was just okay.

Room Tip: Ask for a Disney view, plan to pay extra for everything (including for the shuttle to the parks). Be...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Gwenifer C, Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor. The Hilton Anaheim is what is known as a full service hotel. There are other Hilton Family Hotels that would align more closely with the hotels you have compared us to. With 1,572 guest rooms and over 100,00 square feet of meeting space to connect, 24 hour tech support available for guests, and an on-staff Telecommunications/IT team to keep our wireless networks up and running , it takes a lot to maintain our internet functionality. Most hotesl in our class charge for internet or they charge a mandatory resort fee. To keep our rates as low as possible we have elected to make our amenities, such as wireless internet, available a-la-carte. If you need to check emails or get internet connectivity we do have complimentary access in our lobby. We hope you enjoyed the fireworks from the comfort of your room. It’s hard to find a better view in all of Anaheim. On your next trip to Orange County we hope you will consider staying with us again.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This Hotel is certainly showing it's age.The bathrooms need renovating and have showerheads fitted above bathtub and not separate shower box.
There is no refrigerator in the room but is available for an extra cost.Our room was very noisey being next to the elevator shaft.
Breakfast was very good and the location is only 15 minutes walk from Disneyland.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Graeme B, Thank you for sharing your opinions on TripAdvisor. The Hilton Anaheim was built in 1984 so our property, by most standards is actually relatively young. We completed an entire remodel not too long ago in 2009 but we keep our property updated each year. In 2014 we have several very exciting projects lined up including adding refrigerators to each room. Until that times comes, we do have a select number a fridges available for rent on a first come first serve basis. It’s a one-time fee that covers the entire length of the stay. You can pair the fridge with a microwave at a discounted rate. We hope you’ll stay with us again to see all of the changes we are making.

Guest Satisfaction Manager

Been to Hilton Anaheim? Share your experiences!