“Stayed for a conference” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 4 + WiFi
Ranked #50 of 114 Hotels in Anaheim
Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
“Stayed for a conference”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for for nights in early June and I satisfied during my stay. The conference was across the street at the Marriott but only a round-a-bout separates the two properties. It was an easy 2 minute walk. After my colleagues complained about there rooms at the Marriott I knew I made the right choice. I was initially booked in a pool deck room but it was like a maze getting to my room. I requested a change and they did so without a problem. The room was decent and the staff was friendly. It met my needs and was walking distance to Disney and other restaurants.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Mtownmac,

Thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed our central location and we hope you enjoyed the different amenities we have to offer. We love to hear that our friendly team members made such a great impression on you. We realize that you have many options when staying in the Anaheim area and we would like to thank you for choosing the Hilton Anaheim.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Guest Satisfaction Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (534)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Tucson, Arizona, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

The hotel is a mid-level hotel. Nothing fancy about it, but nothing terrible. It was comfortable and convenient. The lobby is very open and more upscale looking than the standard rooms. I did not realize it until we asked about food options, but there is a small food court around the corner from the check in area. If I remember correctly it had 4 options...Sbarro, Baja Fresh, a place with burgers and hot dogs and a sandwich place. The hours seemed sporadic and some closed at one time, and others were open until later.

Upon check-in I asked for a refrigerator to be delivered to my room (an option for a fee). The staff member motioned as to the approximate size, but it ended up being one of the very, very small square ones. Oh well. We used it for milk, juice and fruit we brought from home so we could make our own breakfast before heading out for the day.

The room was clean, though I did find a few peanuts near the bed that the vacuum missed. The bathroom was very small. You had to maneuver yourself out of the way to close the door if you wanted to get to the toilet or shower. Water pressure in the shower was minimal.

My room was directly in front of the elevator area and while I could hear the arrival dings, it seemed anyone using the elevator during the night was very courteous of those in the rooms nearby. It started getting noisy about 7:30am as the families started to leave the hotel for Disneyland. The walls of the rooms are not super thin and I could only hear people next door if they were speaking loudly. My room was on the 8th floor, directly facing the pool on the 5th floor. The pool was heavily used but I never heard a sound from all of the people.

The location of the hotel is definitely very convenient for going to Disneyland. The ART bus stops right across the street and you can buy passes at a kiosk in front of the hotel. The only drawback to the location is that there really are not any places to walk to eat, except for what is in the hotel. There is a steakhouse on the corner, but it is one of the pricier ones.

The hotel pool is heated and was nice. The water in the kids play area is not heated and was freezing cold. Right near the pool is a laundry room for guests which is nice for longer stays.

Every staff member I came in contact with was very friendly and helpful.

I would recommend this hotel, though I have stayed at a few others in the area and would recommend those others also depending on where you can get the best deal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear Jennifer C,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate you honest opinion and details about your stay. We do apologize for the condition of the room. We hope you were able to contact a Team Member about the issue and that it was fixed in a timely manner.We are happy to hear that you found all of our Team Members to be friendly and helpful throughout your stay. We do offer a few eating options in the hotel which include: our pool bar and grill, where you can enjoy fresh air and a great jumbo lump crab cocktail, and our MIX restaurant, where we serve a delectable buffet breakfast, located in the lobby. For other nearby options, the ART shuttle has different routes you can take with the purchase of an all-day pass. .

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

All the best,
Wilmington, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

Just spent two nights in the Anaheim Hilton at the Convention Center. The hotel connects with the Convention Center and is a short bus ride or longish walk to Disneyland Resort. Both the Lobby and the room were in very good shape. However, the property is so big that you need a map to find your room. The directional signs are inadequate to help in all the twists and turns needed to find your room and get back to the lobby. The hall carpets were worn and stained on my floor (the 6th) and really need an update. Food choices on property are limited. All my interactions with the staff were great. The check-in process was fast, even though the hotel seemed crowded. The room was spotless. I had a "Disney View" but nothing great. If I booked myself, I wouldn't have bothered.
Overall, a pleasant trip to a facility that needs a little TLC.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear ChrisfromDE, Thank you for your review of the Hilton Anaheim. Your suggestion pertaining to the signage around the hotel will be shared with the appropriate department heads. As you can imagine, with over 1,500 rooms and being in a prime location, we do host a lot of guests for all sorts of reasons and eventually we are due to experience some wear and tear. Luckily we are already in the process of repairing/replacing some of the carpets. On your next visit they could look as good as new! We’re surprised to hear that you weren’t impressed with our dining options. We have the Mix Restaurant, Mix Lounge, In-Room Dining, the Pool Bar & Grill, Starbucks, Just Grillin’, Submarina, Sbarro’s, and Baja Fresh all on property! With so many options we are bound to have something to satisfy any appetite or budget! We hope you return to the Hilton Anaheim and are able to enjoy all we have to offer.

Duvall, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel was fairly close to Disneyland (backing up to California Adventure)with the ART bus shuttle that took us door to door. The room was clean and staff was super friendly. Pool was adequate for children and the bar by the pool was nice. Not a good place for a cheap breakfast for the children (buffet was overpriced) and the internet was not free. Fortunately we had cell phones to look up information that we needed.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Valerie S, thank you for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor. Overall it sounds like you had a satisfactory experience. There is a charge for internet access in the guest rooms but you can choose from 3 options 1 hour, 1 day, and 3 day plans are available. Of course there is always the complimentary internet access in our lobby that all of our guests are welcome to use. We’re sorry you weren’t satisfied with the value you received for the buffet breakfast. There is an option to dine off of a breakfast menu instead of the buffet. For an inexpensive, quick service option, many of our restaurants in the food court are open for breakfast. We hope you enjoyed you stay enough to visit us again in the future. We would love to welcome you back!

_________________________________
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

The Hotel Front dest manager Tom was great! He helped us out getting a better and luxurious room! the swimming is so beautiful! we enjoyed our stay! very close to Disneyland..walking distance.we decided to just walk to the theme park.see you soon! We stayed for two nights and watched the Playoff basketball at the bar! I asked the bartender to make my girlfriends a little strong and he did! very friendly people!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear fv9ers, Thank you for giving us a perfect score on TripAdvisor. We are so pleased to hear that you had a great time during your 2-night stay with us. It sounds like you really enjoyed the room upgrade, the service you received, and our convenient location. Our amazing staff are truly what brings our hotel from being good to being great. Some of us have been here since the hotel opened in 1984! At the Hilton Anaheim we always do our best to provide excellent service and it is rewarding for us all to see that we had a positive impact on your stay. We’d like to invite you back to the Hilton Anaheim to enjoy it all again!

Glendale, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The Anaheim Hilton is a fine, comfortable hotel and is very convenient to Disneyland. We were disappointed that the hotel did not provide any shuttle service to the Disneyland entrance (we were to to go across the street to the Marriott and get the public bus). Most other hotels in the area seemed to have shuttle services. Overall the hotel was quiet, very clean and attractive. Our only issues were with the shuttle and use of the parking garage (major sections, near the elevators, were blocked off while there were many empty spaces).

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear arizza, Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor. There are very few hotels in the area that provide their own shuttle service to Disneyland. Most of those that do are further from the Disney Parks and/or they charge a fee. Most of our guests enjoy the convenience of the ART shuttle that picks up near our hotel. The $5/day cost will get unlimited rides on the entire transit system. ART services many of Anaheim’s popular attractions and now there is even a route to Buena Park, home of Knott’s Berry Farm. Not knowing the specifics of the closures you experienced in the parking garage, we would like to point out that from time to time it is necessary for the City of Anaheim to close portions of the parking structure to perform cleaning and maintenance. We do apologize for any inconvenience that may have caused. We are glad you found our hotel to be a comfortable and well decorated. We hope you will choose us again on your next trip to Orange County.

Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

First, I am a Hilton Lover. I am a Diamond for Hilton and usually have very nice things to say. That being said, think twice about this hotel. Other then the location, which is great, I probably would not return. First, when arrived... I parked my car under the driveway so I could go in and register, they almost threaten you that you only have 15 minutes or they will tow you. Well at this hotel, it takes over 15 minutes to check in, so I was nervous about that. They make you leave your keys with them while registering... really? with all my stuff in the car?? I proceeded to the HHonors line, there were 3 people ahead of me. The regular line had about 15-20. They cleared the other line 2 times and I still wasnt to the counter. I ended up leaving the HHonors line and moving to the regular line, and I still beat the people in front of me. The front desk clerk that checked me in was wonderful. Friendly, etc. He said they had me in a 11th floor room with a great view, but that it was not ready. I could wait a few hours, or he could give me a room on the 4th floor.... I was super early, so not a big deal... I chose to wait, since I had things to do all day anyways, and wouldnt return until 9pm. The hotel was PACKED, un-supervised high school kids running and screaming in the halls and lobby, with no security to be seen to make it enjoyable for any other guests. My room was nice and comfortable however I had preordered additional towells to be in the room etc, but they were not there. I tried to go sleep. Kids screaming in the halls at all times of the night, I notified the front desk 3 times and they did nothing. There is like a 1.5 inch gap under the door and all noise came in through there and the thin walls. The next morning, I left the room around noon to go run some errands and meet friends. I returned at 11pm to find a room that had not been cleaned. No towells, no bed made, no nothing. I called the front desk and she sent towells up etc. It is now 3am and I am trying to sleep with all the noise etc, and have a 6 am wake up call. You would think that as a diamond at Hilton, they would offer upgrades to the quieter floors/exec. floor, however they didn't even mention the convention of underage havoc raisers. No consideration at all by the hotel for those that were staying from outside the convention. Maybe instead of spreading them on every floor they should have kept everyone seperated on different floors :(

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
“Not Impressed at All.”

Dear Jarod M, Thank you for sharing your thoughts on TripAdvisor. Thank you for being understanding and working with our front desk agent to get the room type you preferred even though your check-in experience was less than ideal. We are extremely apologetic that you had to deal with excess noise while you were here and that the noise limited your ability to rest and fully enjoy your stay. We would like to assure you and potential guests, however, that we do have a security staff on site working 24 hours per day. Again, we apologize that noise was unable to be contained. We will also be sharing your review with our housekeeping managers so they are aware of the issues you experienced regarding delivery of extra amenities and the cleaning of your room. While your experience with us was disappointing for you it is also disappointing for us to hear all of the challenges you faced, especially since you are so loyal to our Hilton brand. We assure you that this type of experience is not typical. We hope you would reconsider staying with us in the future and that this visit will not have too great of negative impact of the relationship you have built with our Hilton family of hotels. We would love to have you back to give you the experience you deserve.

Guest Satisfaction Manager

Been to Hilton Anaheim? Share your experiences!