“Decent hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Center of SoCal Package
Ranked #51 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
“Decent hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

It is a decent hotel. We booked it through hotwire. Hotwire claims this to be 4 star. But it is actually3.5star. So be careful while booking from hotwire.
I liked the hotel. I didn't like paying $14 per day for Internet. They placed mineral water bottles in our room and charged $4 per bottle. We didn't ask for this so didn't like that. These a little charges but add up if you are staying for week . I didn't mind paying $16per day for parking.

I feel duped by hotwire. We thought that we are booking 4 star but when we saw the name of hotel we knew we were duped and are getting 3.5 star hotel.

Hotel staff was nice.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Hello Ak P-

Thank you very much for sharing your thoughts about our property. We sincerely appreciate your feedback regarding our hotel staff and reasonable self-parking pricing. We also appreciate your constructive thoughts regarding waters in the guestrooms and internet fees. These reviews are viewed by our executive team so that we can find ways to meet your standards and expectations on a consistent basis. So thank you, we'll definitely look into finding ways resolving these challenges.

Again, many thanks and we hope to see you again in the future.

Best regards,
Guest Satisfaction Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (564)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Gainesville, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for several nights while exhibiting at Wondercon at the convention center and then did a day at Disneyland. All of the staff we encountered were excellent, friendly and helpful, from the maids to the people in the gift shop. The hotel was clean with good beds, and showed only a bit of wear (which would be expected). The first night, our floor had a lot of families and there were children up and out at 6:30am, so not great for sleeping in. By the next night, the floor was all attendees for the convention, and oddly enough, they were quieter and went to bed early. I would ask for a non-connecting room if possible, because a lot of noise came through the connecting door. The hotel is enormous and that leads to some of the down sides. The halls are very long and the elevators can be slow. If you did not do the hotel restaurant for breakfast, the lines at Starbucks were always really long. The gift shop had some packaged items and juices. The food court is great for later in the day, but not open for breakfast (and often quite busy). Our last day there, the line for the restaurant breakfast was really long. I walked across to the Marriott every day. Their Marketplace had a variety of breakfast items and no line, and their Starbucks had a very short line. The Marriott was also a good dinner option.There are restaurants a short walk away, if one has time and energy. It is an easy walk to Disneyland, ART buses are readily available at the front door, and there are plenty of cabs with reasonable prices (unusual for LA). All in all, this is a good hotel, but be prepared for lines and waits, especially if there is a large convention or at peak times for Disneyland.

Room Tip: Unless you are looking for connecting rooms, ask for one which does not have a connecting door. You...
Dear deepdrkpit-

Thank you very much for sharing your Hilton Anaheim experience on TripAdvisor. We're are grateful to all our guests who share both the good and the not-so-good because it helps us deliver on our brand promise. With that said, thank you for touting our team's efforts to make all our guests feel valued and cared for, the cleanliness of our guestrooms, and the comfort of our beds. Additionally, we are very aware of the lines that form when our hotel is sold out and are looking at finding solutions for it. We are also working on the noise factor between rooms when there is an adjoining door so hopefully when you return next year for Wondercon 2014, you'll see all the updates that we've made!

Again, thank you very much for reviewing our property and we hope to see you soon!

All the best,
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

I recently had a group staying at this hotel for a work event. The hotel was extremely cooperative with our constant changes prior to our stay and was great to work with while we were there. In addition, I have 2 young children and the hotel went out of their way to make sure my stay was easy and comfortable. I would highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in Anaheim and I will definitely be staying there again for both personal and business travel. Darin Martin and Debbie Granger in the sales group were fantastic to work with.

Hello 246MelissaH-

WOW! Thank you so much for this fantastic review! We are so proud of our team and the fact that you called out both Darin and Debbie is just so wonderful! They're definitely All Stars and we 're so proud to have them on our team! I also want to thank you for the wonderful words about the rest of our team that you worked with during your event. We really work so hard to make all our guests and clients feel at home and confident that they're in great hands and it seems like we definitely were able to do that for you.

We certainly hope to you and your family here again soon! Maybe you'd want to celebrate Mother's Day with us! It's going to be a fantastic celebration! Queen For A Day! You won't want to miss it!

Until then, kindest regards,
Southeast Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I last stayed at this property with my wife in 1991. My memories were of the last room available that turned out to be a super suite corner room that stunned us with it's beauty and distance from the elevator :-) Segue to the present, and once again I was amazed by the distance from the elevator and the somewhat smaller suite sized room but still very adequate.

The annoyance factor stemmed from the A. Lack of an Executive lounge and B. Mega long lines at the breakfast restaurant as well as the in-house Starbucks. I use the Exec lounge as a way to avoid those lines. No such luck at this resort. The Starbucks closed very early as well (earlier than advertised on some nights if the staff felt like it, as I found out) , which was surprising given this hotel's proximity to Disneyland and as a convention center focus.

Top that off with a front desk check in line that was slow and understaffed, a lobby more cave like than bright and cheery due to the front door renovation, and the fire alarm that mysteriously went off one night at 11pm with zero follow up on root cause that night or the next day from the hotel.

The exception to all of these annoyances was the comfortable spacious room and the managers reception on Thursday night, which excelled in both food and beverage quality.

My memories of yesteryear were updated, leaving less wonderful ones in their place.

While I would stay at this property again, it won't be my first choice, given this last visit experience.

Room Tip: Near the elevator and DIsney view are best
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear VisitedNewPlaces,

Thank you for your review and your repeat visits to the Hilton Anaheim. We are sorry that you experienced some inconveniences during your visit but overall it sounds like you had a very pleasant stay. It is true that the light oak, pink, and sea foam color scheme that adorned our lobby in the 1990’s is long gone. Throughout the property you will now find a variety of textures complimented by rich, chocolaty, and earthy tones. The new front entrance, including our brand new revolving door actually allow for more light to enter the lobby which really plays well off the various surfaces you will find there. You had mentioned how comfortable your Hilton Serenity Bed was. The Serta mattresses are often one of the most complimented features of our guest rooms. We would also like to thank you for the compliments in regards to the food and beverages you were able to taste during a recent event. Chef Carroll and his culinary team are amongst the finest in Orange County and are constantly innovating and creating unique epicurean experiences. We hope you are able to stay with us again, we would certainly love to see you return.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

First off, we are Hilton honors members. We got treated like a second class citizen. The check in lady was rude and not very helpful. We got to the room which was small and had not been updated since the 90's. The hotel is very old and not updated. We got up next morning and walked to Disneyland. About a 20 minute walk. Ok for us with a teenager but not with small kids. We got back to the room and only beds were made. No new towels, bathroom still a mess, and garbage cans not emptied. We called housekeeping. It took them two hours to bring us a set of towels only to bring us shampoo. It was now midnight so we decided to wait on towels until morning.
We complained and Hilton gave us two nights refund but in hind sight we should have moved hotels. Hotel is very old and loud. Not good for families. Lastly, the floors in the hotel are uneven. Foundation must have settled. Hotel has tons of mold. One positive thing was the security guard brought us bottled water since the lobby ran out of water. If you are visiting Disneyland with small children I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear ShellieBB,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We are truly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our Hilton team members are usually very well regarded in these reviews and it is regretful that you did not receive the same great service. Since the hotel was built in 1984 there has been some settlement that has occurred. The building is still very much structurally sound and is routinely inspected. We are pleased to announce that we will be correcting these imperfections in the coming months. We are unaware of any mold issues on our hotel grounds so I hope you were able to report the problem to a Hilton Team Member so we can fix any sort of problem that may exist. This kind of report we take very seriously and would warrant immediate attention. While the hotel décor may not suit your personal taste, the entire property was completely renovated in 2009. Not one single piece of furniture or carpeting or wallpaper is older than 4 years. It sounds like the front desk manager was able to compensate you fairly and we hope this one lackluster experience would not deter you from staying with us again. We appreciate every single guest that comes through our doors, especially our Hilton Honors members.

santa clara, california
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have come to Anaheim many times over the years. I have a favorite hotel that I use for Disneyland for convenience and others I've used for other reasons. This trip was for Wondercon. I have been to Wondercon when it was in San Francisco but, on a whim, I decided to go. I have stayed at many Hiltons but this Hilton was exceptional. I found many things I liked about it right from the start. The parking fee was NOT exorbitant as some of the others. It was quite reasonable at $16, most of them are $24-$27 per night. This Hilton had a food court. While not large, it gave simplistic, ready-to-go options. Perfect for Disneyland or the convention center (which was where we were at). There was a Starbucks. Always a good choice as well. It would have been a relatively easy jaunt to Disneyland but was perfect for the convention center as it was within the courtyard. Easy to come and go after buying my treasures from the conference. The water pressure and bedding in the room was fantastic. Once the hot water came on, it stayed on. The bedding was great. My only complaint is that with our four day stay are linens were never changed. Our beds were made but it would have been nice to have them changed. I was tired and didn't complain.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool seem to be a bit quieter and getting to some rooms can be a maze so ask where...
Dear ghostly1,

Thank you for the glowing review of our hotel! We are so glad you had an awesome time at WonderCon! Our team members enjoyed seeing all of the convention goers in those outrageous costumes. It was a really fun weekend to be in Anaheim. It sounds like you were very satisfied with the value you received while staying with us. As part of our going green initiatives we do not replace the bed linens each day, however, they are replaced between guest stays. Doing less laundry daily reduces our carbon footprint, thereby helping the environment. On your next visit with us if you’d like to request to have the linens changed out every day that is certainly a request we would be able to accommodate. Perhaps on your next visit you can take some time to enjoy the pool deck or our 25,000 square foot fitness center. We would certainly love to have you back and enjoy the rest of what the Hilton Anaheim has to offer.

Honolulu, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Hotel is next door to the Anaheim Convention Center, where the WonderCon was held. The registration staff was very nice. Room was clean although there were a couple of issues. The shower handle was coming off and the bathroom door had a large scratch on it (sliding door). The food court closes at 7PM and I feel this is too early. This might be OK if there is no convention next door but since there were thousands of people next door staying open later would be good for business. Most of WonderCon closed at 7PM so closing right when people are coming out makes no sense. In fact, a couple of the places at the food court did stay open past 7. Sbarro was one of them but they seemed in a hurry to close because they didn't put my slice in the oven before serving it to me. I don't expect the food court to stay open 24 hours like in Vegas but these hours are inconvenient. The internet was free but I guess this isn't always the case because the card in the room states that the rate will be shown when you try to get online. But the rate wasn't on the card like with many other hotels. And I only got it free with a code given to me when I checked in. Overall this is a nice hotel and I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton Anaheim? Share your experiences!