“Three Night Stay from HELL” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 4 + WiFi
Ranked #49 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Chicago, Illinois
“Three Night Stay from HELL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

This hotel had a cheerleader competition. There were thousands of people here. We heard continuous banging of doors from the kids. Loud voices. We were on the side with the pool and the kids were screaming continuously. (I wonder where their parents were???) We tried several times to get a room change but we were told that the hotel was sold out. The hotel management was not nice at all. We asked for extra towels they gave us two. The people over the phone had no customer service abilities at all. It is over priced. We were overcharged for Parking. The Park Sheraton across the way only charges $10.00 a day. Not $16.00 and we were there to relax. This was not a relaxing trip at all. Very frustrated and disappointed with this hotel. We are sending a letter to hilton directly

Room Tip: Make sure nothing is going on in this hotel before you book it! Cheerleaders and their parents are...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Chatzy F,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your
feedback here on TripAdvisor. We would like to apologize
for the inconvenience that you experienced during the
Cheerleading competition. Every year, during the month of March
and April, a lot of the cheerleading organizations come back to Anaheim
to attend this big event.

Being one of the busiest hotels in Anaheim, we do recommend
guests to first call our hotel directly to check out if there any major
groups in-house during their chosen travel dates.

You mentioned our parking rates, these rates are controlled by the City of
Anaheim.

We will definitely share your reviews with our team and work on
resolving the challenges you experienced.

We hope that you will come back and visit us again in the future.

Best regards,
Guest Satisfaction Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Santa Clarita, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

Every time I've stayed here it has been overcrowded and not enough staff to handle the needs of the hotel guests. You have to wait a very long time for elevators and many times we just took the stairs. The line for Starbucks was always long average wait 45 minutes. Food super expensive. Egg sandwich was so greasy oil dripped when I took a bite. The worst part was the staff. Very rude. We were told by people to go across the way to the Marriott for food and Starbucks. Lines,food and service is better there. We were here for a dance convention and there was a cheer competition and key club convention going at the same time. I wouldn't stay here next time. I'd try Marriott next time.

Room Tip: Don't stay here. It's always the same.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear 47Disgruntled-

Many thanks for stopping by to share your experience at our hotel. We sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences you encountered during your stay. I am happy to report that we are bulking up our staff and also actively looking at ways to minimize lines in our outlets. Unfortunately, because we are a 1,572 guest room property, we sometimes have these types of challenges. But don't fret, we too want to ensure that they're handled so that you, our valued guest doesn't have to deal with them at all.

Again, many thanks for your review and we wish you a great weekend!

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stopped off in Anaheim at the end of a six week holiday purely to enjoy the original Disneland attractions. This is a huge hotel and it was hosting several conventions during our stay so it was teeming with people and on occasion the queue for a Starbucks coffee could take 30 minutes to get you to the front. The rooms were large,clean and comfortable and well serviced although we spent little time in it. In sum functional and fit for purpose. We would return.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mike P-

Thanks for stopping by Tripadvisor to review our hotel! We sincerely appreciate the candid feedback and are glad to read that overall, you enjoyed your stay. We thank you for mentioning the line at Starbucks as we're happy to report that we're looking at new ways to minimize this challenge.

Hopefully next time you visit you'll see all our new improvements.

We look forward to having you back in the near future.

Kind regards,
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I just returned from a three night stay at the Hilton.
The Hotel looks nice, updated and clean upon arrival, unfortunately the rest of my stay was not at up to the "superior" rating the Hilton hotel is advertised to be. The staff doesn't make an effort to greet or welcome you or have any kind of friendly manner. Everyone is straight faced and matter of fact, not the service you expect at all. The check in line is very long, when it was finally my turn there was not one bit of welcoming behavior. I would expect to hear something like, "I hope you enjoy your stay with us and if there is anything I can do to further help you during your stay please let us know"..but nope, nothing, just matter of fact. Customer service is very important no matter what and the Hilton was desperately lacking.
I walked around this incredibly large over crowed airport like Hotel several times with my daughter; we were trying to familiarize ourselves with where everything was located because no one offered any information. While we were wandering about, not one staff member asked us if we needed any help or how we were doing. I actually stood in front of the concierge desk twice. I politely stood at a distance because he was on a customer service phone call. I waited and I waited but he never looked up to acknowledge. I walked away for a few minutes, then I saw that he was off the phone, so I hurried back over but just as I arrived at the desk he picked up the phone again!!! He never looked up! I called the hotel operators for a few different reasons- the water in this hotel is disgusting. It looks like a glass of non fat milk when you fill a cup up from the faucet, its awful and so concerning. Maybe there isn't any harm in this water "fog" but its not acceptable! The operator said that it is her understanding that the engineering department says it is from bubbles, air bubbles that just need to settle. She sent me 2 bottles of Hilton water for free but it was warm and they should offer more bottles for free if they are going to have such disgusting looking water and there are no refrigerators in the rooms, Yes they charge you somewhere around $30 for a refrigerator! Oh my.
I was assigned a nice big corner room which was supposed to be a Disney View room. One window was completely parking lot and overlooked another Hotel and the other window was completely blocked off to the left by the side of the Hilton tower and then I guess the Disney view was supposed to be the squinty sight of the Tower of Terror and the back side wall of Radiator Springs. To advertise that as a "Disney View" is pretty darn far fetched. Disappointing. My room was also connecting with another room- a customer should really be told that they are going to stay in a connecting room! There is almost no privacy. We could hear the people word for word next door, just as if we were all "sharing" a room! No thanks. I asked if we could change rooms later on because we were going to Disneyland for the day anyway, I was told I could change rooms, no problem. I was told I might get a different type of view or two queens instead of one king, but that yes, I could change rooms later on no problem. Well, when I called later on that night to change rooms they said NO. They said that they were completely booked and that I could not have another room! The staff phone service is lacking, their tone is obviously annoyed.
The room had very low ceilings, the bathroom tile grout looked filthy, the sink faucet had mildew looking stains around it and inside, the walls are scuffed and dirty, the shower water is either freezing or scorching, there was no mirror in the bedroom area only on the back of the bathroom door. The hallways in the hotel are very long and easily confusing, there is a complete lack of decor and ambiance, there are no mirrors or pictures and the carpets need cleaning. The hotel needs another set of elevators too, the elevators are extremely insufficient for the amount of people at this hotel. There were times in took me near 10 minutes to get up to my room or down to the lobby.
Overall the service in this hotel is in dire need of proper customer service training and additional staff to help accommodate. The guest rooms and guest amenities desperately need detailed attention. The Hilton is in a wonderful location to Disneyland and I think it is a nice walk, the bell services were helpful with luggage, calling for a Taxi and opening doors- that was appreciated.
This Hotel completely lacks any space for relaxation and enjoyment. I was very very disappointed.

This Hotel is very close to Disneyland and it is a nice walk. The bell service outside the hotel is attentive to calling for a car and opening doors, That was very nice and appreciated.
I would not recommend staying here though. I was so frustrated and disappointed, no relaxation at all. We spent our last few hours (before our ride came) at the Marriott Hotel directly across the street; the lounge was peaceful and the staff was so friendly and welcoming. We had a lovely lunch under umbrella and sunshine on their lounge bar patio, it was the most relaxed few hours of my entire trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ls-

Thank you for your review. We honestly can't apologize enough for having such an unpleasant experience at our property during your recent stay. We have shared your review with the team and on behalf of our entire operation, we'd like to extend our sincerest apologies. All of your comments are extremely valid and have been noted so that we can eliminate all of them from happening again.

We sincerely hope you're able to visit us again in the future so we can erase this memory and create much more positive ones.

Vancouver ,BC ,Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I was there for the Expo West convention .The location of this hotel was a 5 min walk to the convention center which was very good.
Check in was good,it was 10min to get to the desk ,and another 5 minutes to get checked in .
The room was OK ,the bed was comfortable ,nothing special . The elevators were slow and the waits were long getting back to the room .A lot of the guests started to use the service elevators rather than a 5 min wait .
The breakfast line up in the morning was about 20 minutes wait !
Parking was $16/day for guests .and there was an additional charge for internet .This was on top of the $469/night room charge .I guess its supply and demand during a busy convention ,
For the money I would not have stayed there if my company did not pay for it .

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear pkw1956-

Thank you for stopping by to review our property. It sounds like you were here during a very busy convention. I hope it was everything you were hoping it would be! With that said, we completely understand your concerns and are happy to report that we're working on updating our elevators and instituting a new system for guests to get through our restaurant lines longer. Unfortunately, when we are a full house (we're a 1,572 room hotel), we do encounter lines. Hopefully next time you visit you'll be able to see all the improvements that we've made!

Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again in the future.

Rohnert Park, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 18 years ago and I swear the rooms are still wearing the same decor. They were just completing the lobby renovation when I was there for the Holidays 2012/2013, didn't actually have it open until New Year's Day, kind of shabby for the holidays. So the rooms are outdated, the bathrooms are really outdated, and unlike every other kind of high end hotel in the area (Doubletree, Marriott), the Hilton doesn't have it's own shuttle bus, so by the time you pay for mandatory valet parking ($22 a day), not free WiFi (c'mon Hilton get with the program, even Best Western has free WiFi, Hilton charges $9.95 a day) and cabs to get to and from Disneyland (Santa's worst idea ever, another $10 a pop plus tips twice a day), we might as well have stayed at the D'land hotel. The restaurant in this hotel is way overpriced too, good food, but overpriced. Think I'd just swing for the Disneyland hotel if I was going this way again (and I will be).

Room Tip: D'land view rooms are cool, you can see the fireworks, its a long way from D'land if you'...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear jeanmreed-

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your Hilton Anaheim experience with the millions of TripAdvisor readers that visit our page. We sincerely appreciate your input and value all types of feedback as it is what allows us to grow and become the very best we can be for our guests. We apologize if you found the updates to our property unappealing over the holidays. Believe us when we say that the time wasn’t ideal for us either, but it needed to be done. We’re very happy with the result of our new entrance and we hope you liked it too! On that note, I’d love to share with you some information that may interest you if you decide to give us another chance:

1. We will be offering complimentary Wifi in our lobby in the near future. We completely understand this need and it is a Hilton Worldwide initiative to update this particular offering
2. Valet is not mandatory at our property. We actually offer self parking for $16 a day. Very comparable to other hotels in the area or in other cities.
3. None of the hotels in the Anaheim Resort District offer a shuttle because the city offers a shuttle that takes guests to major areas in the city. It’s called the ART Bus, or the Anaheim Resort Transit Bus. The bus picks you up right outside our front doors and takes you right to gates of Disneyland and brings you back. It’s all day service so you can hop on or hop off as often as you need.
4. Because we are a very busy property and see thousands of guests every year, we are strategically planning our room, hall and elevator updates and renovations. We hope that you can visit us again in the coming year and see how far we’ve come.

Again, thank you very much for your feedback!

Wishing you a wonderful rest of your year,
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Anaheim Hilton for a conference. I had requested a theme park view upgrade, but it wasn't available. Nevertheless, the room was nice, although the closet was quite small. For one person it was fine, for two or more, it would have been challenging. The bathroom had an interesting setup. The door to the bathroom was a slider with a full-length mirror on one side. I prefer when the sink area is separated from the rest of the bathroom, but for one person it was fine.

Upon arriving, I wanted to go to Downtown Disney to pick up some gifts for my kids, and was disappointed to learn the hotel doesn't have a shuttle to the park. You can buy a transit pass for $5 for a day. We discovered another option. One of the theme park parking lots is right across the street, so you can walk over and take the parking lot shuttle to the park.

The hotel has some nice amenities, such as a Starbucks in the lobby, a food court, and several shops. There is a restaurant, Mix, which is okay with a pretty limited menu. The hotel is huge and be aware that your room may be quite far from the elevators. Still, if you're looking for a nice hotel close to the park, Anaheim Hilton is a good option.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lovinlv08,

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear you found us to be a good option for visiting Disneyland or attending a conference. All of our rooms have recently been renovated and this included the sliding door to the bathroom. We found this was a good way for our guests to enjoy more space in our bathrooms. We recommend our guest take the Anaheim Resort Transportation shuttle (ART) to the park as it has set daily times. The ART shuttle picks up an hour before the park opens and every 20 minutes. With the $5 day pass you may also take any of the ART routes to other shopping and dining areas.

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Anaheim for your recent stay. We hope you visit again soon and perhaps give our MIX restaurant a try. Our Chef is always creating something new for our guests to enjoy.

Guest Satisfaction Manager

Been to Hilton Anaheim? Share your experiences!