“Convention experience” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #46 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Shelbyville, KY
“Convention experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

I recently spent four nights at this property as this was the site for a large convention. I was very impressed with the friendliness of the staff, frankly, I've never seen anything else that compares at other similar sites. That's a real plus for this property, and hard to consistently pull off with this many employees. Congrats to the staff for your attitude! This is a huge hotel and the guest room I stayed in showed evidence of,the age of the property. All in all, I had a good stay, conference facilities were very good, I was disappointed in some aspects of the room itself, and had I been choosing a hotel to stay in for personal reasons, I would have to say that even at the much lower conference rate, I would not have paid this much for a room. For this price, I would expect more. So, if you are headed here for a conference, you might want to ask for a room on a lower floor to facilitate walking the stairs to and from your room during busy conference time elevator use. The lines for the elevators at my conference at times spread all the way across the lobby for the second floor. Also on the plus side for this property is its proximity to Disney. It's not a bad walk, and of course it is right next door to the convention center, a real plus. If you don't mind the price, you'll get an excellent location, and super friendly staff from top to bottom, just don't expect a fancy room.

Room Tip: If staying during a convention, choose a lower floor where you can walk to your room if the elevator...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (456)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Saskatoon, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The hotel was okay, breakfast was expensive but I guess you have to expect expensive meals being so close to Disneyland. $17 for an omelette, or 14.50 for undercooked eggs and bacon. The beds were comfortable, jealous of the hotel across the street for having balconies, definitely missed that.

But all in all, a good stay without major hitches. Except for the fridge they gave me for my medicine was set at about 10% just past the cool setting & still froze my medicine. Be careful if using.

Another thing they say In-n-Out Burger is the best, on here, and from others in California, they aren't good they are paper thin and cheap. If they are the best in California, I feel sorry for all californians. |But it was busy (usually a good sign) and under $15 for three combos, silver lining I guess.

Room Tip: They say Disneyland view is restricted by Carsland I never had Disneyview, but looks like it does in...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear sasktraveler54-

Thanks so much for stopping by our TripAdvisor page. We sincerely appreciate your feedback of our property and even find your In-N-Out comments interesting! It's such a shame that you did not find out breakfast to be satisfactory. That is by far, one of the most popular offerings at our hotel. We definitely would have replaced your order and ensured that you were satisfied with you meal, so please don't hesitate to let us know in the future. We are so glad to read that you found our beds to be comfy! We actually offer those beds to the public for purchase. The beds are called the Serenity Bed by Hilton and if you visit our website you'll find all the details on how you can have one in your very own home!

Many thanks for visiting us and we certainly hope to see you again in the future!

Vienna, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The most immediate impression from this hotel is the great, friendly service. I was here four days for a conference and never once encountered anything but the most friendly and professional service from the doormen to the check-in to the housekeeping to the convention and ballroom wait staff to the parking attendants. It was really a nice stay. The hotel is overall reasonably well kept and updated for what is actually a fairly old building/property. The grey/brown/tan is a little monochromatic after awhile and you get a bit of a dingy/dark feeling when you come into the lobby that may put you off at first. I was not surprised by some of the extra fees given this location and as a Hilton Honors Gold member, some are waived, fortunately. For others I can see that the stay would add up quickly. I will give a shout out to the Mixer restaurant as an excellent value for the breakfast buffet all included for the same prices as a coffee, juice, and small omelete across the street at the IHOP. That is a whole other story and review.

Room Tip: I found room I had on the south/sun side, when the full sun heated the windows made them pop and gro...
Dear travel-here-there-

Wow, so many reasons to say Thank you!

1. For choosing our property during your recent visit to Anaheim
2. For being a loyal Hilton HHonors member! It sure does pay off doesn't it?!
3. For letting us know how much you enjoyed our team's friendliness and excellent service
4. For giving our Mix Restaurant a try and being so pleasantly surprised with the quality of our culinary team's offerings.
5. For your constructive feedback regarding our hotel's color scheme and windows

It's just so refreshing to see positive and constructive feedback, so thank you so much!

Hopefully you'll be back during some of the warmer months and have the chance to enjoy our pool area and the live music nights that we offer to our guests!

Again, thank you for your loyalty and we look forward to having you visit us again soon!

Grand Island, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Unless the rates are deeply discounted, this is a fairly pricey hotel. Most amenities (fitness center, internet, indoor pool) are an additional fee which is not explicitly stated on the website.
The hotel website is also misleading regarding its proximity to Disneyland. The website states they are 'across the street' in one place and 'one block' in another. While this may be technically true, you cannot access the park that close. The entrance is more than .75 miles (mapped on my gps), which is a pretty good hike, especially after walking 6-8 miles in the park all day! The rooms were nice and clean; however, the bathroom door did not have a lock on it and was a sliding closet door style, which did not provide much privacy. It is okay for business travel, but not so much for families.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear MarniD101-

Thank you for stopping by to share your experience at our hotel. It sounds like you were not very happy with your choice and that sincerely saddens us. We strive every day to ensure that our guests walk away with a great experience and I know that I speak for our whole team when I say that we apologize for your dissatisfaction. Our Health Club which has an indoor pool does have a daily usage fee. Because it is a 25,000 square foot facility that is also recognized as a community Health Club, we have fees that help us maintain and enhance the facility. If you frequent Hilton properties, I suggest looking into our Hilton HHonors program which entitles you to free access to Health Club and Internet as you accumulate points per stay. As far as our distance to the gates of Disneyland, you're absolutely correct. We are less than a mile away from the main gates, but we are surrounded by its parking structures which are located right across the street which is why we reference it that way on our website.

I do hope you're able to visit us again and give us a second chance.

Kind regards,
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We spent five nights at the Hilton at Anaheim in December 2012. It was a great hotel, with nice staff and a short (max 10) minute walk to Disney Land and Adventure Park. The room was great - no bells and whistles, but very big and spacious, and we had amazing views of the fireworks at Disney each night at 9:30pm. The bed was very comfortable. The restaurant downstairs, "Mix", had excellent food, and our waiter was just brilliant - very knowledgeable - and she helped my husband to discover his new favourite wine (which is sadly not available in Australia!). As we were there at Christmas, the lobby was beautifully decorated and the Christmas trees were very pretty. The Concierge was excellent and helped us with bus bookings out to the Citadel Outlets at the last minute. Our only complaint was the pressure and temperature of the water in the shower - I understand that we were reasonably high up (10th Floor) but it would take more than two minutes for the water to get hot, and when it did, the pressure was just a trickle - one would have to run around to get wet.
Another small gripe was that the food court always seemed to be closed - I went down one night at 8:30pm and everything was closed. Now, this may have been due to the festive season, but with just a Starbucks in the lobby, the line at this Starbucks was massive.
The Hilton is very close to the Garden Walk, where there is a fantastic Cheesecake Factory.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed here just the one night as we were going to Disneyland (which was awesome btw). The hotel and nice and clean. Great rooms. Modern. Views of disneyland from big balconys.

They offer room service but they also have a great food court downstairs that was very cheap and delicious. The hotel is enormous and has lots of facilities. It was a great choice and we would stay there again any time.

They offer a very cheap shuttle bus to and from disneyland, right outside, so you dont have to worry about parking.

Room Tip: Ask for a room near an elevator. The floors are ENORMOUS. Maybe 200 rooms a floor so if your not nea...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear iSparkle79 -

Thank you for sharing with us your positive experience here on Trip Advisor.
We are glad that you enjoyed your short vacation in our lovely city of Anaheim and that
we were able to provide you a very comfortable stay. Your choosing
the Hilton Anaheim makes our team proud.

We hope you can visit us again soon.

Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

I am staying at the hotel now for a conference with work. The hotel seems to have been updated recently. The main areas and the rooms are nice. There were some issues with cleanliness when I entered my room--sink had hair in it and on the floor. But, the rooms were comfortable and had good amenities for a business traveler. I had a room on the 12th floor with a great view of the pool and Disneyland. I recently went to Disneyworld with my family and I cannot imagine bringing a family here however. The hotel is geared toward convention goers and business travelers and I think kids would be out of place.

Dear wjdp -

Thank you for sharing your feedback here on Trip Advisor. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your room with the Pool and Disneyland view. These are the most requested rooms!

We took note of the few cleanliness issues you experienced during your stay. Rest assured that we will do what is necessary to resolve the problem.

Hilton Anaheim welcomes both convention and leisure guests. A lot of the families choose to stay with us because we have one of the best locations in the city, especially very near to Disneyland! Our property does offer a lot of kids activities based on the season which is usually during the summer and December. Outside our hotel, there are so many places that you and your family can visit. You are welcome to call our concierge and our fabulous team can suggest a lot of awesome places where you can take your family to.

Again many thanks for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to your next visit here at the Hilton Anaheim!

Kind regards,
Guest Satisfaction Manager

Been to Hilton Anaheim? Share your experiences!