“Nice hotel that needs a reno!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Center of SoCal Package
Ranked #50 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
New York, NY, United States
“Nice hotel that needs a reno!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I would reccomend this hotel but note the cons.

Pros:
very large hotel, with a beautiful lobby and nice bar.

Rooms are huge, bathroom was decent but I did not like the sliding door that didn't lock or close all the way.

The bed was one of the best I've ever slept in. A cali-king with plush sheets.

The room service was what you would expect from a Hilton, good but expensive.

The elevators were new and came in a timely maner when called.

Cons

The halls were dark and long. They kind of reminded me of those 1st person shooter games from the 90's (Duke Nukem, Quake, Rise of the Triad, etc) All that was missing was a monster popping out to shoot with a ray gun. haha

For some reason you can hear the kids running in the hallway. This was unexpected from a Hilton

The doors slammed shut pretty loudly. Being that you are in the middle of a very long hallway you heard this all night long. I had to have the TV on all night to drown out the constant boom of a door closing.

Seriously, I got lost looking for an elevator the first night there. It took me a good 5 minutes to figure out where I was and get to the other side of the building to find the elevator shaft.

They advertise that they are 4 blocks south of D-land. What they fail to mention is that these are Vegas style streets, 4 blocks is like a mile and a half. I walked this everyday to avoid the cramped buses.

The breakfast buffet in the lobby is good but pretty pricey. It can cost you $25 for breakfast if you want something more than fruit or a bowl of crappy cereal.

This place is far from LAX about an hour away.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Erik J,
Thank you for your honest review on TripAdvisor. We appreciate comments such as yours in order to improve the services and products that we offer. We are glad you enjoyed our rooms and bed. We think our bedding is so comfortable and love to hear the same from our guests. We do apologize about the noise in the hallway. This is definitely not a typical occurrence at our hotel. We also would like to apologize for the difficult time you had finding the elevators. However, are glad to know they were efficient throughout your stay.

We thank you for staying with us and hope to see you back soon.

Guest Satisfaction Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (578)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

The staff at the hotel was superior and went out of their way to ensure a pleasant stay even though my trip had to be extended due to hurricane Sandy. The hotel lobby and common areas are beautiful, and the convenience of having an attached food court was great! My room was very spacious and well-appointed and the view was good too. My only complaint is that the bathroom was tiny; literally just about the same size as the wet bar area of my room. You couldn’t sit on the toilet and close the door. The door came within less than an inch of touching the toilet when you closed it. The shower area was also very dark because the only light in the bathroom was near the mirror and sink and so when you closed the shower curtain you might as well have turned the light off. The bed was very comfortable and I really loved the pillows. Just wish the bathroom had been up to the same standard the rest of my room and the entire hotel and staff were.

Room Tip: The 14th floor was great!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear DanJill,
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments on this website. We appreciate you taking the time to write about our wonderful staff and hotel. We will take your feedback regarding the bathroom design in account in future refurbishments.

Thank you for staying with us at The Hilton Anaheim and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Stayed at this resort for Mickey's Halloween Party Celebration and a nigh at Knott's Scary Farm. It is very conveniently located near both attractions. Rooms are spacious and SUPER clean. the staff was SUPERIOR to other hotels in the area that I have stayed at recently. Parking is conveniently located on the property. There is some major construction out front, but that made for an excellent rate. I had not previously stayed at this property, but now it is my first choice!

Room Tip: This property has "Disney Views" that are definately worth the small upgrade fee.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Dave,
Thank you so much for such an amazing review! We are glad that our hotel and staff were able to earn your loyalty. We would encourage you to join our loyalty program, Hilton Honors. Our program lets you earn and use points in so many ways including free stays, travel, and car rental.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon.

California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stay in the Anaheim area almost monthly and I had never had a chance to stay at the Hilton until my last visit. I got a FANTASTIC rate online and went ahead and stayed there for about a week. It is a large hotel with a food court, nice bar area and very spacious. They even have a Starbucks. The line was very very long at Starbucks but I went ahead and waited and it went super fast. Our room was nice and clean. Our window faced the pool but we didn't hear any noise from it. The pool look great and I couldn't wait to take my 4 year old to play in it but we never had a chance. The only issue was the construction which made it hard to come and go from the hotel. My best advice is when on foot and heading to Disneyland exit towards the convention center and walk straight through. Do not while on foot try to enter through the Harbour entrance. Down the street is the Gardenwalk with out favorite shops and dining such as P.F Changs, Ca Pizza kitchen, Bubba Gumps, Mcormicks, Etc its a nice little walk. Its in a great location. You don't even need a vehicle while staying there everything is in walking distance.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear Tululahh,

Thank you for your kind words on TripAdvisor. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were able to take advantage of not only our location, but some of the amenities on property as well. Please do bring your daughter back to play at the children’s water park and to take a swim in our newly renovated pool. It sounds like the construction in the area was only a minor inconvenience which we are glad to hear. By the end of next month the construction will be complete opening up the entire property for our guests and improving traffic flow. We hope when you return to Anaheim that you stay with us again. We’d certainly love to have you back!

Kind Regards,
West Coast USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

This visit was really everything you expect from a Hilton. Clean room, yet rather spartan. Comfy bed. Excellent internet speeds. You can walk to Disney easily, but this was a business trip and we did not visit the park other than a quick walk to "Downtown Disney" for lunch. Did not visit the gym or pool. Was satisfied overall and would return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear N7FLIER-

Thanks so much for stopping by TripAdvisor and sharing your experience. We are glad we were able to meet your hotel needs and hope you're able to visit us again in the future.

all the best,
salinas, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Hilton as I was in town for a convention and if your in town for any event at the convention center, This is the place you wanna stay, as the proximity to the convention center is beyond perfect, since its literally just across the breezeway from the Hilton's side exit, which by the way is right past the in hotel food court!
The hotel itself is pretty well appointed, and the pool area is really nice too and even has a bar. The restaurant in the lobby was great and breakfast was excellent both days that I ate there. Never tried the spa, but I know they have one.
Overall I would stay here again. The rooms were really clean. The Wifi worked well, and I had an in room safe for anything I wanted secure while I was away. I am told that the Disney hotels are really nice, but I can't imagine being there without my family, and at the same time, I can easily see myself staying at the Hilton with my family, just to escape the hustle and bustle of the whole Disney scene.
Ps.
The mix lounge in the lobby made great drinks too!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear hoshsaidso-

Thank you very much for your awesome review! We are convinced that any business traveler will find this review to be extremely helpful, so THANK YOU! It's guest like you that keep the wind in our sails and help us continue to strive for excellent service!

Any plans to visit us again in 2013? Well you are in for a few awesome surprises as right outside our doors will be a brand new, state-of-the-art 100,000 square foot entertainment area called The Grand Plaza and believe me, you're going to enjoy all that it has to offer!

Again, thank you for taking the time to review us and we certainly look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Kind regards
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Great swimming pool with water slide.
Hotel with a view of fireworks was great for the tired kids to watch after Disney.
Can walk to Disney (25-30 min with kids), on the last night we discovered that if you got a Disney Bus to the Woody Car Park you were less than a 10 minute direct walk to the hotel, probably 5 without the kids and the pedestrian crossing on your side. Other options were to pay $15 to park in the Disney car park opposite or about $5/adult for a shuttle bus.

Free wifi for Hilton card members (fairly easy to join).

Room Tip: Come back from Disney on the bus to Woody Car Park!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hello Anant P-

Thanks so much for the kind words! We're so glad you found our hotel to be just what you needed during your visit to Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. We're so glad you brought up the Hilton HHonors program because it is as easy and 1,2,3 to join and the benefits are too good to pass up!

Once again, thank you very much for your review and we hope to see you again in the near future.

All the best,