“Pretty tough to beat” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
salinas, ca
“Pretty tough to beat”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at the Hilton as I was in town for a convention and if your in town for any event at the convention center, This is the place you wanna stay, as the proximity to the convention center is beyond perfect, since its literally just across the breezeway from the Hilton's side exit, which by the way is right past the in hotel food court!
The hotel itself is pretty well appointed, and the pool area is really nice too and even has a bar. The restaurant in the lobby was great and breakfast was excellent both days that I ate there. Never tried the spa, but I know they have one.
Overall I would stay here again. The rooms were really clean. The Wifi worked well, and I had an in room safe for anything I wanted secure while I was away. I am told that the Disney hotels are really nice, but I can't imagine being there without my family, and at the same time, I can easily see myself staying at the Hilton with my family, just to escape the hustle and bustle of the whole Disney scene.
Ps.
The mix lounge in the lobby made great drinks too!

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear hoshsaidso-

Thank you very much for your awesome review! We are convinced that any business traveler will find this review to be extremely helpful, so THANK YOU! It's guest like you that keep the wind in our sails and help us continue to strive for excellent service!

Any plans to visit us again in 2013? Well you are in for a few awesome surprises as right outside our doors will be a brand new, state-of-the-art 100,000 square foot entertainment area called The Grand Plaza and believe me, you're going to enjoy all that it has to offer!

Again, thank you for taking the time to review us and we certainly look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

Kind regards
Guest Satisfaction Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (578)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Coventry, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Great swimming pool with water slide.
Hotel with a view of fireworks was great for the tired kids to watch after Disney.
Can walk to Disney (25-30 min with kids), on the last night we discovered that if you got a Disney Bus to the Woody Car Park you were less than a 10 minute direct walk to the hotel, probably 5 without the kids and the pedestrian crossing on your side. Other options were to pay $15 to park in the Disney car park opposite or about $5/adult for a shuttle bus.

Free wifi for Hilton card members (fairly easy to join).

Room Tip: Come back from Disney on the bus to Woody Car Park!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Hello Anant P-

Thanks so much for the kind words! We're so glad you found our hotel to be just what you needed during your visit to Disneyland and Disney California Adventure. We're so glad you brought up the Hilton HHonors program because it is as easy and 1,2,3 to join and the benefits are too good to pass up!

Once again, thank you very much for your review and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

We took our son to Disneyland for his b'day & requested something special for our stay. As we had just come from another hotel in Anaheim & been sadly disappointed, we were hoping that the Hilton would not be the same upon checkin. Thankfully, they were the total opposite. We had the nicest man who checked us in & was going to upgrade us to a room with a balcony until he saw a message attached to our booking that read "do not shift". He told us that we had a special room for our sons special occasion & when we got to our room, we were so excited as we had been upgraded to a corner suite & we had loads of room. It was a lovely & much appreciated surprise!! The Hilton is fabulous & has great facilities. A wonderful bar & lounge, many eateries, shops & more. It is one of the ART bus stops as well & this was very convenient. It is close to the Gardenwalk & many other Restaurants. It is also right next door to the Convention Centre etc. We loved the Hilton & would stay again at an instant. Their website depicts the hotel exactly with NO misleading photos or information. Thanks Hilton, you looked after us very well, we will definately recommend you!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear TrioTraveller-

WOW! Thank YOU very much for sharing this review with the millions of readers on TripAdvisor. We are so happy that you and your family had an honest to goodness Hilton Anaheim experience because your words will speak volumes to those reading them. Our team works incredibly hard to make all our guest feel like this is their home away from home and it sounds like you felt that way and then some!

We hope you're able to come back in 2013 and once again thank you very much for kind review. We'd love to take care of you and yours for many years to come.

Saranac Lake, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I was a single traveler for the Disneyland Halloween event. I arrived at 8:30 a.m. and pleasant desk clerk allowed me to check in. Room was at end of corridor; quiet, clean and bed was well appointed. Location is walkable to Disney; However, Shuttle from Disney is available--all day $5/$2 senior. At hotel, lines were long at food concessions in morning. However, there are a significant number of restaurants across from Disney's main gate. Great deal-- $10 shuttle ride to John Wayne Airport; make reservation at desk in lobby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear ADKRET-

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! This review will be shared with our entire team so that we can let them know that their hard work matters and to keep up the good work! We hope you come visit us again in the future so you can see all the new updates that our hotel and the Anaheim Resort District will have ready for you to enjoy!

Thank you very much!
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

My first Hilton over at Anaheim and prices was just right.. I did reserve 3 weeks early so prices made a big difference which in general is my tip for all you travelers. You may buy park hoppers in the lobby but do not sell single day passes which I find very odd. A shuttle is provided for 5 dollars per person round trip. It leaves every 30 mins. Construction is around this time so you will see minor delays which I suggest staying higher than 5th floor so you will hardly hear noises. Room I stayed in was a king size non disney view which was very comfortable. Bathroom amenities was good, a bit small but no biggy because its not a perm place to stay. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Parking garage was very comfortable the fact the elevator leads to the lobby. Disney is only 10 mins away if you ride the shuttle which I find very convinent. I will stay here again for sure when I come back for more disney adventures!!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear Mark C-

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with us your feedback here in TripAdvisor.
We are glad that you enjoyed your short stay here with us. We do apologize for the construction
around the hotel area. This is a city project which is scheduled to be done by the end of this year.
We do hope that you can plan another trip just to check it out.

In regards to buying single day passes at our Disney kiosk, this is actually depending on availability.
The Disney Cast member do recommend our guests to buy single passes directly at Disneyland Theme Park. You must have stayed during our busy time where we had a lot of convention groups in house.

We do look forward to your next stay here with us. Hilton Anaheim will always welcome great guests like you.

Northern California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

First off, I was there for a conference next door of 3500 people so the hotel was pretty much full. But-- I paid for a King Disney view room and was given a queen lani. Not a real big deal but disappointing since they were not able to change me due to the hotel being full. More concerning was that there was blood on the wall in my room and spots on one of the beds. I obviously slept in the other bed and scrubbed the wall but I wonder why it wasn't done before I got there. Was there a knife fight or what? :) I also didn't like that the windows didn't open so I was unable to get anything but canned air. After 3 days, it was really irritating and I found myself outside as much as possible.

Bar ok, waitress was great. The main resturant was really expensive which I guess is to be expected but I ordered oj, tea, bacon and 1 rolled pancake and it came to $29.65. Ate there only once.

Older property that is ok, starting to look a bit dated, could use new carpet in the halls etc but I guess I'd stay again. I'd just check for blood first.

Room Tip: Any room above the 5th floor will not have a window to open. If you want air, keep that in mind.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Lebenheimer1-

Thank you very much for sharing your Hilton Anaheim experience with us on TripAdvisor. We take all of our guests reviews very seriously and appreciate your feedback because without you, we wouldn't be able to continue improving our services. With that said, we will be sharing your review with our team here at the hotel and look to find ways to improve in the areas you pointed out to us in your review. We certainly do hope you have a chance to visit us in 2013 because a lot of what you mentioned will be updated since our hotel will be undergoing modernization in the coming months.

Again, very appreciative of your review and we hope you consider Hilton Anaheim again in the future.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Hotel room was very nice, comfortable and spacious. The hotel is huge with an ABC store, food court and starbucks so best to familiarise yourself once you arrive. The front desk staff were very helpful in quickly checking us into our room and with any queries we had. The location to disneyland was great .. the hotel is across the road and you can catch a shuttle from across the hotel to disneyland. The only comment I will make is that the entrance of the hotel is a bit confusing .. almost didnt know where the entrance was and also the appearance of the hotel hallways almost looked like they were never cleaned .. overall very enoyable stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear sabreena0303 -
We would like to thank you for sharing your reviews here in TripAdvisor. It’s always good
to read feedback from our guests saying that they have enjoyed their stay.

We will also definitely let our team know how much you appreciate their service during your stay.
We do hope you can visit us again soon.