“Convenient to the convention center” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Center of SoCal Package
Ranked #50 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
Chicago, IL
“Convenient to the convention center”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Overall, this is a good hotel to be at if you are at an event in the convention center. It is possible to walk to the Disney parks from this hotel although the route is not obbvious - hint, walk through the convention center walkway, take a left on Katella, take a right at the first stop light, walk a few blocks to the Grand Californian hotel, go through it to downtown Disney and the entrance to the parks is not far from there. Other than it's location, it is pretty much what you'd expect from a convention center Hilton - very busy, crowded elevators but clean and relatively quite for sleeping

Room Tip: Don't bother paying for an upgrade to a "Disney view." Unless you are on the absolute...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (578)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I must say I was pleasantly impressed from the first time I stepped into this hotel. I have stayed at the Marriot across the road from the Hilton prior and was badly disappointed.

The checking was fast and very curious, the room was impressive as we had booked a room with two queen size beds. In front of the beds was a five seat lounge set in very spacious in front of a 42 inch. Led tv. In one section of the room there was a full blown dinner table that looks like a nice big wooden board table with 6 recliner seats. The room had a sink, fridge and all the other extras u expect from a hotel. wifi Internet was easily connected to from all places of the hotel, was free in loby and as I'm a Hilton member was also free in the room. Breakfast was quite good with a variety of options and two chefs cooking any type of omelette or breakfast you desire

Our room that was on the 5th floor was directly on the same floor as the pool and entertainment area kids loved it. Also was equipped with self service laundry that will cost you $4.00 to wash and
Dry a load of clothes.

Great to have a Disney shop and Starbucks in the hotel, the Disney bus departs every 20 minutes from the hotel atl $4 per adult & $1 per child per day.

housekeeping tends to forget little thing like toothbrushes and shampoo but once you call it arrives fairly quickly. I'm not sure if they do it deliberately so you can tip them when they arrive with goodies in hand. Overall had a pleasant experience at this hotel and would return. If you are debating between Hilton and Marriot I can assure you Hilton wins hands down

Room Tip: I thought level 5 was very convenient to all facilities
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I have been to many hotels and the service you get the moment you pull up to the hotel is exceptional!! Everything I needed was accomadated for me with directions to transportation services and much much more. I was assisted on more than one occasion by one of the valet employees, Vanessa. She had an answer to every question and even handled getting a cab for me the morning of my flight. Hilton should hire more people like her. She made me feel at home and a very nice person all around; I would definitely recommend anyone to this hotel. Thank you for such great customer service.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear missmax2-

Thank you so much for your kind review. It’s really great to read that our guests enjoy our hotel and our team members! We definitely think Vanessa is wonderful and appreciate all her hard work! She will without a doubt be rewarded for being pointed out in this review so thank you for taking the time to share your story with us and the millions of readers who visit TripAdvisor!

We certainly hope you come back and visit us soon, but until then, have a wonderful rest of 2012!

Kind regards,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

I ended up choosing the Hilton Anaheim after arriving at my original hotel accomodations and being completely abhorred by the quality of the room. I called the Hilton at 3:30 on a Sunday and, after speaking to the wonderful girl on the phone (whose name I unfortunately did not get) I was able to book a room for that evening to Friday. I was completely shocked by the availability but even more so by the pleasant nature of the woman who helped me.
While it goes without saying that the Hilton was a major step up (and not too much in price) over my original location, the hotel continued to impress me over my entire stay. I was attending a conference at the Mariott across the "street" and was very happy with my choice. I got a gorgeous room overlooking the pool, fantastic accomodations, great staff, and the type of hotel experience I usually look for when on business/vacation. The pool staff girls were amazing. When my coworker and I asked them merely to cut a sandwich in half for us so we could split it, they served up a completely divided meal on separate plates. When I had a problem with my airline computer page, the reception desk immediately tried to help me (without me having to ask) and, when there was still a problem, pointed me in the direction of the helpful concierge (who also helped me out with coupons for taxis and other accomodations). The bell hops and valet drivers were incredibly friendly, the receptionist who worked the Shuttle desk went out of her way to help me in a pinch, and with the incredible location of the hotel, I couldn't ask for better service!
My only two "complaints", and I wouldn't call them that, were minimal. First there is no mini fridge in the room and, as a girl who likes to take boxes home from restaurants, that would have been really nice. Secondly, the maid service came at about 9:00/9:30 every morning. Since I was on business this was really helpful as I was out of my room anyway, but if I had been on vacation I would have preferred it slightly later so I could sleep in

Jointheteam-
I just have to say, what a great story! We’re so glad that we were able to turn your unpleasant Anaheim experience into one that you won’t soon forget! We’re so excited to read that you acknowledge that our amazing team is an invaluable part of the hotel travel experience, but that you were also able to enjoy all that our property has to offer! We completely understand that having a mini fridge in your guest room is important, so I’m happy to report that we will be adding one to every room in 2013!

Again, many thanks for taking the time review our property and we certainly look forward to having you as our guest in the future.

All the best,
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

This hotel is huge, but beautifully appointed and very comfortable. You can't beat the location - right next to the convention center.

Because of the conference, the place was packed day and night, and all food places were jammed up with huge lines. This is why you would never choose a conference hotel for a pleasure stay.

My room was comfortable, though the bed was a bit too hard for me. The decor is updated and amenities were excellent.

The hotel conveniently has a UPS center and food court located on the lobby level. Also a Starbucks. I found the staff to be very nice and courteous, even though there were thousands of us there - the hotel was fully booked. No staff member ever lost her or his cool - which was great. A huge plus for this place.

I had the full breakfast one morning; It was only average.

I recommend staying here if you have an event at the conference center. Very comfortable and a beautiful place.

Dear NashvilleCat-
Thank you so much for stopping by TripAdvisor to review our hotel. It’s extremely important to us that we receive both positive and constructive criticism from our guests because it’s what helps us grow and become a property that understands and can cater to all its guests’ needs! We’re incredibly grateful that you had the opportunity to share your experience and hope you’re able to come visit us again in the future.

Until then, best wishes to you and yours!
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2012

It's a beautiful hotel and perfectly located for the convention center. The valet staff are friendly and make you feel like they are welcoming you back home. I had also stayed at this hotel a few months prior for work and the valets remembered me and welcomed me back like no time had passed. It was extremely impressive considering the amount of people they see on a daily basis.
I appreciate this personal touch and kindness. The hotel rooms are nice and the pool and gym can't be beat. The hotel is in a great location for Disney and the convention center.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear Lorin I-

Thank you so very much for your kind words regarding our property and our team! The Hilton Anaheim is an establishment built on team work and family values. We have an AWESOME Valet department who work very hard to make the very best first impression on our guests and it’s obvious that with you, they succeeded! We sincerely appreciate that you took the time to review our property on TripAdvisor and really hope you’re able to come back and visit us again soon!

Kind regards,
Pittsburgh, PA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

Booked pre-paid airfare & hotel package for a convention. Bill pushed under the door the morning of my check out had added $65.00 a night for the room. I suppose they were trying to recoup their losses for the cheaper rate I paid through Southwest. Took 2 phone calls to get to the right person, the first transferred call went nowhere. Picked up correct bill when I checked out & I will check my credit card statement to ensure there's no double billing. I've stayed in many hotels on similar package deals & this was a first. It's a pity as I found the customer service on check in excellent & the check out person apologised for the mistake- one that she didn't make.
I got a decent room, clean, bed very comfortable. Strange arrangement for a bathroom door - a hanging,sliding door as if it were a closet and it didn't fit completely. The room was also very quiet. The carpet in the hallways in patches was very worn & dirty but overall for a highly used facility it was in good condition.
I'd had a package sent overnight via the U.S. mail & had to go to the UPS store in the hotel to pick it up. They insisted there was nothing for me & when I said it had come via U.S. mail, I had to listen to a lecture about how unreliable the U.S. mail was. Eventually one employee went to check and lo and behold there was my package that they had forgotten to log in. To add insult to injury, I had to pay them $5.00 for a storage fee. I've sent my husband packages overnight to various hotels & he has never had to pay to get the packages.
Because of the convention and holiday makers, the hotel was like a zoo. The lines were so long to get to any type of food or drink except in less popular dining hours or just before the coffee shop closed. If you don't have a car, then you are really stuck for dining or shopping options and taxis are not cheap. The pool area is not that large and it was overflowing with guests most of the time.
The positive is that the hotel is very convenient for the Convention Center and close to Orange Co Airport. Got the Best Shuttle Service to the hotel for $10 one way & was told to call the day before for return service. I did this & the shuttle never showed up, called them & they said they had no record of my booking. By now it was too late to get on another shuttle &I had to pay $35 for a taxi.

Dear Anwen-

Thank you very much for your review. We do apologize for the inconvenience that this incident may have caused you. We hope you are able to give us another chance in the future so that we can create new and exciting memories of our property for you!

All the best,