“Nice room - outside pool area just ok” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 4 + WiFi
Ranked #49 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
San Diego, California
“Nice room - outside pool area just ok”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

We only stayed one night, so my rating is based on not using the hotel ammenities a lot. The room was nice, large, clean and was updated. The tv was a bit small for the room - especially if you were just lounging in bed. We had a few drinks in the lobby bar - which was a happening scene - in a good way - and they were excellent. After returning from Disney around 1am though, there was no food to be found anywhere in the hotel, so we had to schlep it to iHop - not the end of the world, but it would have been great to have a 24 hour cafe in the hotel (it's a very large hotel complex). We had a view of the pool (don't recommend that view - since it's mostly a rooftop of another lower structure) and it's pretty bleak - no trees or anything - mostly cement, so if you are looking for a tropical oasis or a great place to relax, this isn't your place. They did have a kid's water play area that looked like more fun than the place for the adults. The operator of this facility would be wise to make some improvements to the pool area - it would take little investment.

The staff were nice, couldn't seem to get my $10 gift cards for Disney - took a full 24 hours, but they said they'd take off the $6 bottle of H2O I drank in the middle of the night - which they did, but somehow I just got billed for it on my credit card separately - guess that's a phone call I have to make tomorrow :). Overall though, the service was very good and they were very nice.

Room Tip: Wouldn't recommend a pool view - and, if you don't like your view - call down and get anothe...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, November 3, 2011
Dear Pellaz-CA

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Hilton Anaheim. We’re glad to hear that you enjoyed our guest rooms. As well as the MIX Lounge located on the lobby level of the hotel. We are excited to announce our Official Ducks Viewing Party for this Fall and Winter. The Hilton Anaheim has arranged special engagement events for the NHL hockey team the Anaheim Ducks. We will be featuring some of the big ticket games on large screens and our HD tv’s. We’ll also have some fun and delicious themed drinks and appetizers.

We apologize for the lack of food options upon your 1am return to your room. Although the hotel offers several meal outlets such as MIX Restaurant, MIX Lounge, room service and our food court, which features Baja Fresh, Just Grillin’, Sbarro, Starbuck and Submarina. At times based on low occupancy the Hilton Anaheim might not have those options available at 1am in morning. I’m certain our staff was able to assist and direct you to the IHOP that was only 1 block away from the Hilton Anaheim.

Thank you for your kind words in regard to our kids play area at the Hilton Anaheim. We recently underwent a renovation specific for those families that travel and stay at our hotel. Prior to the renovation we didn’t have a fun play area for the children. We had to cut into the adult area of the pool to improve and entertain our kid friendly fans. In return we renovated the outdoor pool bar, grill and patio to create a serene environment for those adults choosing to get out of their rooms and enjoy the California sun. I’m also sorry to hear that you were disappointed in your pool view. Perhaps the next time you stay at the Hilton Anaheim (and we hope you do) you might consider a Disney view. They are very popular and don’t disappoint.

Thank you for the compliments regarding our staff. We hope that you were able to speak to one of our hotel representatives in order to rectify the charge to your room. I’m certain since this posting they were able to assist you.

Thank you again for your kind words and feedback. It’s guests like you that post and offer us the knowledge to improve our hotel. Thank you for your time and we hope to see you again soon.
Best regards
Jennifer Sacks, Guest Satisfaction Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Olympia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

If you're looking for big box convenience then this is it. Close to Disney, close to shopping and restaurants, pool & play place for Munchkins and this property is also a Conference Center. Our bad was not checking to see who was visiting the Convention Center. Ended up being a gaming convention with a bunch of Star Wars wanna be's, the majority who seemed to have missed the manners and hygiene teachings that I'm sure their parents at least attempted to bestow upon them - made for some interesting elevator rides and hallway encounters.
One of the best parts of this hotel was the fact that there is a very experienced and friendly staffed Stabucks in the lobby. They know how to move the crowds!
Decor leaves a lot to be desired. Unfortunately everything is pretty dark & don't expect much in the way of artwork or even slightly artistic lighting - anywhere.
Was not a bad place at all, but with many other choices in the area it's not one that I would return to.

Room Tip: We're Honors members so we are automatically given was is considered the premium floor. However...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear JuneOlympia-

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay at our hotel on TripAdvisor. You’re totally right! We’re pretty much a hop, skip and a jump away from the Happiest Place on Earth! Not to mention how incredibly close (75 steps) we are to the Anaheim Convention Center! It sounds like you were here during one of the wildest conventions of all; BlizzCon and we apologize if this caused you any inconvenience. It was quite a rowdy crowd so we had to increase our security to ensure that guests like you felt comfortable and at ease while thousands of gamers enjoyed their highly anticipated event. We’re so happy to hear that you took full advantage of our Starbucks! And we agree, our staff is wonderful and take care of our guests, quickly and efficiently. We will be sharing this review with our team and look to find ways to improve our guest experience.

Once again, thank you very much for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011 via mobile

It is a great hotel. It's really close to the convention center and it's really easy and close to the disneyland parks.

• Stayed October 2011
Dear Wdelgadillo-

Thank you very much for your review. It’s so wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay with us! We set out to bring a sense of family and comfort, and convenience to all our guests while staying at our hotel and it sounds like you were satisfied with our service.

We thank you again for your review and look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Best regards,
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

This hotel is still within walking distance to Disneyland. Probably about 20 to 30 minute walk. The distance is 1.1 mile. The lobby is quite huge and nice. Starbucks and gift shop in the lobby level. The room is clean. Bed is firm and comfortable. No refrigerator but nice coffee maker for two. Closet is small but there are more hangers than hotels with bigger closet space. Parking is expensive, $15 per day with in and out privilege. Quiet A/C, good for light sleepers light me. Wired internet, costs $13 per day. Complimentary USA Today. Good shower pressure. Paid less than $100 (including tax) for an advance purchase rate (7 days in advance and non refundable or cancellable) for a 1 night stay (Sunday). If the rate remains the same, I will definitely go back to this hotel. Overall, it's a much better hotel than I expected. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Advanced purchase rate is really a bargain but it's not refundable nor cancellable. Must be boo...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Gilbert, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

We stayed here on our way home from Oregon for a quick stop off at mouse central. The property is very clean, well maintained, and reasonably priced. We booked using one of the advance purchase options on an apparently slow weekend. Our Disney-view room turned out to be a corner so we had a panoramic view of the skyline. We couldn't have been more thrilled with the room and it turned out to be such a fun surprise to get it. The room was very spacious and clean with all the appropriate amenities.

Travel to and from the park is made easy by the local shuttle system that runs routes to and from virtually every hotel. Just go to the little vending kiosk out front of the hotel to buy your ticket. Easy as pie.

Had an enjoyable stay. We liked it enough that when we are going back to Disney this November we are staying there again and taking friends this time.

Room Tip: Watch for deals on weekends this property isn't hosting an meeting or convention. For little mo...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
Dear Pengwinn-

Thank you very much for your review. We’re extremely happy to hear that you had such a satisfying experience at our hotel! We strive to create great memories for all and it seemed that we accomplished our goal! Thank you for sharing with the rest of the TripAdvisor readers about the ART Bus, the awesome views from our Disney View rooms and of course the great rate!

Once again, thank you so much and we certainly look forward to seeing you again in November!

el segundo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Pros: Good location, great housekeeping staff, bartenders make stiff drinks

Cons: expensive (rooms, food, drinks) compared to similar hotels in the area, rooms are outdated compared to just about every hotel in the area. Insides feel old and flimsy, which is not offset by the fancy lobby. Thin walls, so there was a lot of excess noise from other rooms; even in the hallways you could hear people loud and clear. Extra charges for parking, internet, microwave, fridge, gym, business center, etc.

Security during the convention were poorly trained, treating guest more like criminals or animals than anything else by yelling at them and flashing their flashlights in people's eyes. Security was barring people from the entire 5th floor just because they wanted to keep the pool closed, which was on the 5th floor. I got stopped 3 times from the front entrance to the elevator to have my room card checked. I felt like I was entering Area 51, not trying to get to my room.

Posted elevator permits were expired (I know some places post ones with no date and ask you to go see the permits at the main office, but I've never seen anywhere post *expired* permits while not mentioning where you can go for current ones....I hope they're not actually expired). Broken water heater leaving a friend's room without hot water for almost a week so they were in my room for showers every day since there was no response from the hotel about when it could be fixed.

This Hilton's twitter was hyping some party just days before it was scheduled to happen at the Hilton pool, even linking to the party's website and contacting people to ask if they wanted to pay more and upgrade to a better suite for the party.....then on the day of the party, they had their hired security come in and shut everything down. They basically hyped a party to get people to come, then shut it down to force people to buy the Hilton's alcohol. Very underhanded and shady business tactics.

This stay felt like I was being jerked around the whole time, like I wasn't a guest, just an income source. It felt like the Hilton was more interested in keeping me in their lobby/bar than giving me a good stay.

Oh, and the worst part was how the bar/Mix Lounge didn't card ANYONE for alcohol. I personally bought alcohol on three different days and even when it was 10 AM and nice and quiet, the bartenders still didn't card (I still get carded for Rated R movies, so I should have been carded for a bloody mary). I know of over a dozen underage people who bought alcohol, especially on the last night of the convention. Some were as young as 18, and I know this from overhearing them bragging to their friends and passing their IDs around. I saw multiple underaged kids who were stumbling drunk, double-fisting two alcoholic drinks at once. I'm sure the people who kept vomiting on the lobby carpet were probably underage as well, as was the guy who fell face first into the fountain, inundating the lobby with water.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Dear andrew r-

Thank you for your review. In an effort to ensure that the entire City wide Contingent of Blizzcon as well as our hotel guests and bar patrons had a safe, enjoyable stay with us, additional safety and security measures were enacted this year. If our efforts to ensure a safe and enjoyable stay for attendees resulted in a few attendees feeling "hassled or inconvenienced" we apologize. This was not our intent. We went to great lengths to avoid this and to ensure a good time was had by all.We take liquor laws very seriously and train all of our servers using the TIPS program.

We certainly hope you will reconsider your position and that we get to see you again next year!

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Got this room through Priceline's "name your own price". I was really pleased with the rate --- that is until I started getting the "add-on" charges like $12.99 PER DAY for internet and $15 PER DAY for parking. Business center charged huge prices. The restaurants were way over-priced for the quality and types of food. Any savings was out the window at that point. It is very busy, but efficient. Location was fine. Staff was professional and coldly courteous. Room was at a Hilton standard. I would just prefer in any context from hotels to airlines -- give me an INCLUSIVE price UP FRONT for everything a reasonable hotel should provide. Why do I not have to pay for parking and internet at regular hotels and I do at business and higher-end hotels? One reason -- they assume that they are sticking it to the businesses. Small business owners care about economy and so should everyone else. Be honest -- tell it up front and then let us decide.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Anaheim? Share your experiences!