“Great place to stay for Disneyland vacations!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 4 + WiFi
Ranked #49 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Gilbert, Arizona
“Great place to stay for Disneyland vacations!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

We stayed here on our way home from Oregon for a quick stop off at mouse central. The property is very clean, well maintained, and reasonably priced. We booked using one of the advance purchase options on an apparently slow weekend. Our Disney-view room turned out to be a corner so we had a panoramic view of the skyline. We couldn't have been more thrilled with the room and it turned out to be such a fun surprise to get it. The room was very spacious and clean with all the appropriate amenities.

Travel to and from the park is made easy by the local shuttle system that runs routes to and from virtually every hotel. Just go to the little vending kiosk out front of the hotel to buy your ticket. Easy as pie.

Had an enjoyable stay. We liked it enough that when we are going back to Disney this November we are staying there again and taking friends this time.

Room Tip: Watch for deals on weekends this property isn't hosting an meeting or convention. For little mo...
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, November 1, 2011
Dear Pengwinn-

Thank you very much for your review. We’re extremely happy to hear that you had such a satisfying experience at our hotel! We strive to create great memories for all and it seemed that we accomplished our goal! Thank you for sharing with the rest of the TripAdvisor readers about the ART Bus, the awesome views from our Disney View rooms and of course the great rate!

Once again, thank you so much and we certainly look forward to seeing you again in November!

Jennifer Sacks, Guest Satisfaction Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (486)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
el segundo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Pros: Good location, great housekeeping staff, bartenders make stiff drinks

Cons: expensive (rooms, food, drinks) compared to similar hotels in the area, rooms are outdated compared to just about every hotel in the area. Insides feel old and flimsy, which is not offset by the fancy lobby. Thin walls, so there was a lot of excess noise from other rooms; even in the hallways you could hear people loud and clear. Extra charges for parking, internet, microwave, fridge, gym, business center, etc.

Security during the convention were poorly trained, treating guest more like criminals or animals than anything else by yelling at them and flashing their flashlights in people's eyes. Security was barring people from the entire 5th floor just because they wanted to keep the pool closed, which was on the 5th floor. I got stopped 3 times from the front entrance to the elevator to have my room card checked. I felt like I was entering Area 51, not trying to get to my room.

Posted elevator permits were expired (I know some places post ones with no date and ask you to go see the permits at the main office, but I've never seen anywhere post *expired* permits while not mentioning where you can go for current ones....I hope they're not actually expired). Broken water heater leaving a friend's room without hot water for almost a week so they were in my room for showers every day since there was no response from the hotel about when it could be fixed.

This Hilton's twitter was hyping some party just days before it was scheduled to happen at the Hilton pool, even linking to the party's website and contacting people to ask if they wanted to pay more and upgrade to a better suite for the party.....then on the day of the party, they had their hired security come in and shut everything down. They basically hyped a party to get people to come, then shut it down to force people to buy the Hilton's alcohol. Very underhanded and shady business tactics.

This stay felt like I was being jerked around the whole time, like I wasn't a guest, just an income source. It felt like the Hilton was more interested in keeping me in their lobby/bar than giving me a good stay.

Oh, and the worst part was how the bar/Mix Lounge didn't card ANYONE for alcohol. I personally bought alcohol on three different days and even when it was 10 AM and nice and quiet, the bartenders still didn't card (I still get carded for Rated R movies, so I should have been carded for a bloody mary). I know of over a dozen underage people who bought alcohol, especially on the last night of the convention. Some were as young as 18, and I know this from overhearing them bragging to their friends and passing their IDs around. I saw multiple underaged kids who were stumbling drunk, double-fisting two alcoholic drinks at once. I'm sure the people who kept vomiting on the lobby carpet were probably underage as well, as was the guy who fell face first into the fountain, inundating the lobby with water.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, November 2, 2011
Dear andrew r-

Thank you for your review. In an effort to ensure that the entire City wide Contingent of Blizzcon as well as our hotel guests and bar patrons had a safe, enjoyable stay with us, additional safety and security measures were enacted this year. If our efforts to ensure a safe and enjoyable stay for attendees resulted in a few attendees feeling "hassled or inconvenienced" we apologize. This was not our intent. We went to great lengths to avoid this and to ensure a good time was had by all.We take liquor laws very seriously and train all of our servers using the TIPS program.

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Got this room through Priceline's "name your own price". I was really pleased with the rate --- that is until I started getting the "add-on" charges like $12.99 PER DAY for internet and $15 PER DAY for parking. Business center charged huge prices. The restaurants were way over-priced for the quality and types of food. Any savings was out the window at that point. It is very busy, but efficient. Location was fine. Staff was professional and coldly courteous. Room was at a Hilton standard. I would just prefer in any context from hotels to airlines -- give me an INCLUSIVE price UP FRONT for everything a reasonable hotel should provide. Why do I not have to pay for parking and internet at regular hotels and I do at business and higher-end hotels? One reason -- they assume that they are sticking it to the businesses. Small business owners care about economy and so should everyone else. Be honest -- tell it up front and then let us decide.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Channel Islands National Park, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

Check in took forever and there were 10 people behind us and only 2 front desk agents. They, too, seemed upset with the wait.

The shower's hot water, was luke warm at best.

Got a cheap deal on Hotwire.com, which means we got double beds. The front desk agent was unable to get us a king, which he did not even bother checking. While hotwire does offer cheap rates, a hotel like this gives you whatever they have and you're left crossing your fingers hoping you get a decent room. This time, however, we didn't.

Stay elsewhere, this place will nickle and dime you, too, which I have read in other reviews. The parking I understand, but the fridge, internet, etc... Sure you can join hilton honors and get free internet, but where's the value when you visit a place like this and get nickle and dimed?

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear bballtravel-

We thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on this website.

It’s very important to us that you share your thoughts and opinions with us so we can improve our service and avoid any of these incidents from happening again. We looked into your reservation and although you were hoping for a King bed during your stay with us, our hotel was completely sold out of King rooms which is why it was not offered to you. However, if that was not explained to you, then I completely apologize and will share this review with the front office team so we can improve upon the guest check-in experience.

As far as the cost of some of our amenities, we are looking at ways to diminish some of these costs because we understand that people travel on a budget and do what we can to meet our guest’s needs. However, we make a conscience choice to charge for some amenities so we can offer our guests lower room rates which are non-negotiable and also to be able to work with companies like Hotwire to provide you with one-of-a-kind deals.

We certainly hope you reconsider your opinion and return to give our hotel another try. Hopefully, it won’t be during a sold out weekend so we can do our darndest to accommodate your requests!

Again, thank you for your feedback!

Saint Paul
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

We stayed at this location over the 4th of July with our two children, and it was amazing. We upgraded to the King suite on the 14th floor with a view of the princess castle and fireworks every night, highly recommended especially over the 4th. The rooms have floor to ceiling windows which make the view that much better. Also, the king suite is truly massive and has plenty of rooms for roll away beds for the kids. There is also a number of on site places to eat and as well as shops. The pool area is nice but it gets really crowded quickly.

The one big downfall of this hotel is that it is right next to the convention center, hence a large number of conventioners stay at the massive hotel making it quite busy all of the time. Also, the elevators are incredibly slow and always seemed to be full again because of the conventioners.

Overall, when we come back to visit Disney we will stay at this location in the same king suite. The value for the money can't be beat.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor suite facing Disney!!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Dear Norse62-

Thank you so much for reviewing our hotel on TripAdvisor!
We’re very excited to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you got to experience Disney’s fireworks spectacular from the comfort of one of our suites! Because we are convention hotel, we definitely are trying to find ways to improve our leisure guest experience and that includes our elevator service so stay tuned! However, it’s so wonderful to hear that you had such an amazing time when you visited our hotel during the busiest month is the hotel’s history! It shows that our team who is dedicated to bringing the best service, warmth and hospitality to you, our guest, successfully accomplished their goals!

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Petersburg, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011

I was extremely disgusted with how the Hilton Security and Management handled the Convention crowd for the Blizzcon Convention this year. Almost hourly I or a friend was harassed by security, I have proof of false advertisement on Hilton's part, and the prices are ridiculous. Most of the time I didn't even have hot water (for a one week stay), and the internet even died and I was not reimbursed for any time. Everything has a fee, and I had to rent a fridge for $25.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Shad0wembrace
Thank you for your review. In an effort to ensure that the entire City wide Contingent of Blizzcon as well as our hotel guests and bar patrons had a safe, enjoyable stay with us, additional safety and security measures were enacted this year. If our efforts to ensure a safe and enjoyable stay for attendees resulted in a few attendees feeling "hassled or inconvenienced" we apologize. This was not our intent. We went to great lengths to avoid this and to ensure a good time was had by all. As far as the rest of your comments, please feel free to contact us directly with these concerns and we’ll be glad to address them with you and find resolution as we'd love to see what you mean by false advertising so we can ensure that we address that communication immediately.

Riverton, Utah, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2011

I attend the Blizzard Convention at the Anaheim Convention Center every year, and in the past had stayed at different hotels a little further down the street. This year I decided I would like to stay at the Hilton since it is the place to be for social gatherings and the "official" non official after party once the convention is done. It is also the closest you can get to the convention center. In years past the hotel was always very gracious about letting hundreds of people take over their pool deck on Saturday night, who all graciously give their money to the hotel bars. Even if I had not been there for the convention, the stay still would not have been worth the convenience. For the price, nothing was included, which really surprised me. No wifi, no breakfast, no parking, no fan in the bathroom (seriously?). I felt like the whole time I was being nickel and dimed, when I had already paid a premium for the room. On top of all of this, the hotel even tweeted about the Blizzcon afterparty, right before turning everyone away at the pool deck. This is the biggest event to look forward to outside of the convention itself, and the way it was handled by the management was not professional in any sense. I personally will never stay at any Hilton again, as first impressions always last. If you want to spend money on every little thing just to be close to the attractions then go for it. Otherwise, it's more than worth it to be a few blocks away and have all the amenities for about half the price. Very disappointed in this hotel.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
HiltonAnaheim, Manager at Hilton Anaheim, responded to this review, October 27, 2011
Dear Kayla D-

If our efforts to ensure a safe and enjoyable stay for attendees resulted in a few attendees feeling "hassled or inconvenienced" we apologize. This was not our intent. We went to great lengths to avoid this and to ensure a good time was had by all. We certainly hope you will reconsider your position and that we get to see you again next year!

Jennifer Sacks, Guest Satisfaction Manager

Been to Hilton Anaheim? Share your experiences!