This hotel is definately convenient. Convenient to the parks and also to several markets located directly adjacent to the property. We did not have any trouble with the parking, it did seem ample and secure. We visit Disneyland approx. once a month and have passed by this hotel many times. Viewing the property from the street definately does not give you a true impression of the hotel it self. The money and effort has been put into the lobby. Very nice and spacious, but the rooms are very definately outdated. Very dark and creepy. Getting to the rooms is confusing too. It appears there are two seperate hotels hooked together during a remodel. You could only access our floor from a elevator at one end of the hotel. In order to access the fifth floor (breakfast area) or basement (parking area) it was neccessary to wind your way through the hotel using various stairs and elevators. Breakfast was very basic, they mixed the free items with those they charge for and it was confusing, would be especially so if you had smaller children. The windows do not open even a crack. The TV in our room did not work well, the stations crackled in and out. The comforters on the beds were either dirty or very stained, most of the towels were thread bare and raveling. If the rates for this hotel were perhaps half of what they charge it would be worth it. We will return to the very nice, very clean hotel we normally stay in and write this one off as a learning experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Desert Palms Hotel and Suites is located in the heart of the Anaheim Resort. It is right on the corner of business and pleasure; located next door to the Disneyland Resort and across the street from the Anaheim Convention Center. Along with our spacious rooms and suites we offer Free Breakfast, Free Parking, and a Free Hot Breakfast Buffet. All rooms and suites come equipped with a microwave, mini-fridge and coffee maker. You are sure to find the perfect place for your family vacation at the Desert Palms Hotel. Our room offering start with the Deluxe Room, which offers 2 queen beds and continues with a number of different suites. Our Borrego Suites offers a sunken living room with sofa sleeper for up to 6 people. Our Yuha Kids Suite offers a bunk bed for the kids! Our Sahara Condo Suite offers a full kitchen, perfect for longer stays. Our largest room, the Kalahari Family Suite sleeps up to 8 people with 2 private bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. There is something for everyone at the Desert Palms Hotel. Kids will have a blast at our arcade corner and even have their own special check in at our Kids Registration. In the lobby they can start the scavenger hunt to find our hidden Mickey and Minnie and receive a prize! Our lobby also features a photo kiosk, perfect for taking that family photo and uploading it straight to Facebook or Twitter. Choose the Desert Palms Hotel for your next Anaheim Vacation and Experience the Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Desert Palms Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Palms Hotel And Suites
- Desert Palms Anaheim
- Desert Palms Hotel Suites
- Desert Palms Hotel Anaheim