“Great Hotel @ low cost” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
“Great Hotel @ low cost”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2005

Desert Palms Staff-

I wanted to let you know of our wonderful stay at your hotel last night. My husband and I just needed to stay just overnight, but we have put your hotel at the top of our list of our get-away hotels. We were temped to stay another day just because we had such a relaxing time.

Our room was very comfortable- the beds soft enough to make for a great night’s sleep, extra towels, coffee pot, hair blower and even a microwave and ice box! We were most impressed with the sunken living room with an extra TV! This made the room feel “homey” as we didn’t need to sit on the bed to just relax. The color and décor of the room was warm and beautiful. The use of softer lighting there was even romantic!

The hallways and reception area were richly decorated, giving the Oasis look quite nicely. Check in and out was quick and simple (I made my reservation on line) as the paperwork was prepared as we arrived. Your people were very nice and helpful. They upgraded our room without us even asking, which really made a great impression on us! This is the first time we felt we truly received our money’s worth!

I have already told several of my friends of our stay and will continue to do so. We look forward to staying at the Desert Palms in the near future! Thank-you for making our night’s stay a great one!

Cliff and Bonnie

• Stayed September 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
Snohomish, wa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2005

We stayed in this hotel from September 12-16th. We had a handicapped room on the 3rd floor. I thought the room was clean and I liked the safe and fridge. The walk was just a bit farther than the walk from the hojo but much less crowded than the walk on the other side of Harbor. I liked the 7-11 and abc market right next door. Still prefer to eat at Mimi's, however.
The strange things about our room were because it was a handicapped room I think. There was no counter space in the bathroom at all. And no table to eat on in the room. Still, it had decent beds, it was mostly soundproof (except when the pool was full, then it was noisy). The breakfast was small but useful. The staff was great.

• Stayed September 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2005

My wife and I stay at the Desert Palms on the night of the Aug 25th. The hotel rooms are nice and look fairly new. We had a room on the 4th floor overlooking Katella. If you stood right next to the window, you can hear traffic faintly through the window, but once you are in bed, traffic noise is not heard or is very, very faint. No problems here. I found the room very clean and very satisfactory. There was a refridgerator and microwave in the room which my wife liked. The bathroom and tub were very clean. The shower head on the shower seemed to be oldest thing in the room. A plastic shower head. It delivered the water ok, which I guess is the main thing. The room and the bathroom, tub was very clean. No noise from kids or other guests. We were two doors down from the laundry/ice machine room which is rather noisy if you happen to get a room right next to them, but we had a room between us and the laundry/ice machine room, so there was no problem there. The carpets were clean. Small pool area, it needs spurcing up with some more trees or something. Parking area needs some trees. Hardscape with wall backing on to Candy Cane Inn. Covered parking was good idea by the hotel which is not offered in many hotels around DL. Nice hotel lobby. Complimentary breakfast on 5th floor was good. I would stay again. One of the better places around Disneyland.

• Stayed August 2005
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2005

We stayed at the Desert Palms for three nights. The front desk was extremely helpful and polite.
The walk to the Disneyland tram only took about 5 min, and the 7-11 next door came in very handy.
However, the room was less than average. The only mirror and sink was the one in the bathroom, so I couldn't do my hair until the bathroom was empty. They did have a fridge,a microwave, and an in room safe so that was a plus. Our room 311 was right across from the elevator, which worried me at first about noise, but we never heard anything.
The elevators are confusing, from the parking garage that elevator will only take you up to the first floor, then you have to walk down a hallway to another elevator to get you to your room.
Our first night there, we did hear the people in the room next to us, but never heard anything any other night. Our window looked out at the stairwell, but the way the hotel is situated, I don't think anyone would have a good view of the park
The pool was pitiful. Having small children, it would have been nice to leave Disneyland for an afternoon break by the pool, but I didn't want to go back to that pool. It is an outdoor pool that is entirely closed in by four walls of the hotel.
The parking is limited so if you get back late, you may not find a space.
The hotel was clean and when we requested room service we got it, front desk was happy to answer our questions, beds were comfortable, I would stay here again, but only if I don't plan on swimming!

• Stayed August 2005
Dallas, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2005

This hotel was awful. The pool is very, very small. At night it was wall to wall kids. You could not move three steps without hitting someone. I reported a used condom and empty bottles (poolside) to the front desk and was told, "This happens all the time". The rooms were large, but dated and dirty. "Close to Disney" is not exactly correct. The walk home is long for small children. I would NOT recommend this property for anyone. I have previously stayed at the Embassy Suites for $10 more a night. The have a full cook to order breakfast and Happy Hour. I am a business traveler; this hotel is extremely deceptive in its pictures and descriptions. Do not visit for business or vacation.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2005

We recently spent 4 days at the Desert Palms Hotel in the Borrego Suite. It was a great visit from start to finish. The front desk personnel were all extremely efficient and pleasant; special hello and thanks to Denise and Manny. The hotel is spotless, (beautiful lobby), rooms were perfect and exactly as we expected. Very comfortable beds. Daily maid service was great. Breakfast was satisfying. Great location to Disneyland tram service, just a 5-10 minute walk. Pool and spa were a great treat after a long day walking around the parks. We look forward to staying there again. LEONA & BILL

Stayed August 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2005

Just got back from a 2 day stay at the Desert Palms Hotel. Overall it was a decent place. The room rate was about $130 per night including all fees and taxes. The room was clean and the beds were comfy. We didn't spend much time in the room, so all we were looking for was a reasonable price and a good location. This fit the bill. It's on the outside corner of the Disneyland resort and a short walk to the parking lot tram that takes you to the front entrance. Unfortunately when we checked in there were two events going on in the conference rooms, a wedding reception and a family reunion, so the hotel lobby was packed with mostly kids being very noisy and parking initially was a big problem. Once you get your car parked either underground or above ground you are pretty much set. You leave the car at the hotel and walk to Disneyland (no parking fees). I read reviews about people complaining about not having hot water and I did hear a complaint about that from the maintenance crews walkie-talkies, so it seems that may still be a problem in some areas of the hotel. We had no problems. It's a very no frills hotel but decent and would consider staying there again. The pool was an okay size too. There are lots of kids running around being noisy but it's Disneyland and that is to be expected. If you're looking for a quiet place then this is not a hotel for you. Overall we were satisfied and the convenience factor to the park and the reasonable room rate make this a good economical hotel to stay at. Your mileage may vary. :-)

• Stayed July 2005

Been to Desert Palms Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!