“Very good stay for family of 4” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #16 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersBronze level
Winnipeg, Manitoba
“Very good stay for family of 4”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

The hotel grounds and lobby were well kept and nice. The front desk people were always very helpful and checked us in quicnkly. The Kids Suite room that we had was a little small than we anticipated but it work nonetheless. The bedding on the king bed was OK but I would have really enjoyed another warmer blanket, but that is just my prererence. The bunkbed in the kids room was good except that I am not a fan of those duvet type comforters. Always makes me wonder how often they wash those??? Other than that the room was well appointed with a frdge, microwage, in-room safe and great TV's. The bathoom was OK but I think a new tubsurround would go a long way to updating this bathroom. Plus, the fan (which is connected to the light) is super loud. It was quite annoying! If you are trying to sleep in, don't bet on it. Doors start opening at 7AM and people are heading to the breakfast on the 5th floor. Also, if you plan to take an afternoon nap, the cleaning personnel speak with enthousiasme and LOUD in the hallways. At night, you hear people coming back from the parks. I guess I am a light sleeper :( Breakfast was good. Enjoyed the waffle station and yogourt and fruit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

After really nice day at the park it was great coming back to go to a comfy bed. I loved your guys breakfast to keep us fueled all day. After spending time at the park all day we needed to work out at your guys indoor gym. I had fun hanging out with my friends in our hotel rooms. Your guys lobby chairs and couches are very comfy.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Mission Viejo, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

We loved this hotel! The convenience of the location - a close walk to both parks and Downtown Disney - made this a great choice! We loved the the breakfast in the morning. It was a great way to get fueled for a full day at the park! The workout room was a added bonus! Some of the students still had energy to burn after being at the park all day so a workout was just perfect!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel is older and I was a little concerned about cleanliness based on other reviews, but I took a chance and was very pleasantly surprised.
When we checked in the prices they had in their records were $30-$50 per night higher than what I had booked. I had a copy of my reservation email confirming the prices and they were quick to make the adjustment and upgrade me to a suite at no additional cost. The room included a fridge and microwave, was a good size, clean, and the beds were comfortable. I think my only complaint is that the towels were thin.
Included in my reservation was $30 worth of free food in the restaurant. When I checked in they not only upgraded my room and gave me the $30 coupons for free food, but they also gave me coupons for two free drinks, the password for free internet, a pass for free parking, and info on the free breakfast. The room did include a $9.95/day “resort” fee, but I did a lot of research and found nothing closer to Disneyland with parking, breakfast, and internet included.
We had drinks and dessert in the restaurant one night. It was very slow (business in the restaurant not the service), and we enjoyed talking with Russ, the friendly and knowledgeable bartender. The food and service was excellent as was the case when we went back for dinner a couple nights later.
The free breakfast was as good as any. It included fruit, yogurt, doughnuts, pastries, coffee, juice, eggs, bacon or sausage, cereals, and make your own waffles. It was very busy, but they did a good job keeping it clean and well stocked.
There is a convenience store right next door to the hotel which was very convenient for picking up water and snacks. The hotel is about a 10 minute brisk walk to the main entrance of Disneyland so we literally did not have to move our car or pay for any parking during our trip.
I had read reviews that complained about the walls being thin, but we only heard kids in another room one morning and it was no worse than you would experience in any hotel. Like many of the hotels near Disneyland, this is definitely and older property, but the staff is courteous and helpful and the rooms are clean so I think it is an excellent value and would definitely stay again.

St. Wendel, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

This was my second stay at Desert Palms - both have been work trips. The hotel couldn't really be much closer to the Convention Center (it's only a brisk 5 minute walk away), so thumbs up there, and there are plenty of restaurants and stores within 10 minutes' walking distance.

The rooms are clean, bright and pleasant, with all the amenities you could need for a stay of up to a week or so, although this year I had one with windows that didn't open, so it got a little stuffy at times. The air conditioning was LOUD, too.

However, the complimentary breakfast was perfectly fine, the pool is a nice touch, and the staff were courteous, friendly and helpful at all times.

I would definitely recommend Desert Palms to other business travellers, and it's so close to Disney it's got to be great for that too. (And, on that note, although there were plenty of families on holiday when I was there, not once did I get woken up by screaming kids! Those walls must be thick.)

Ultimately, Desert Palms will be top of my hotel wish list should I return to Anaheim for either business or pleasure in the future, and you can't say better than that.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Modesto, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We had a wonderful time with family in Anaheim celebrating our sons Birthday and his first time at Disneyland. This Hotel is extremely accommodating and Desert Palms made this a very memorable trip. The rooms fit each different family unit and we had a blase. Recommend for anyone traveling to the area.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

We have stayed at the Desert Palms 3 times and will not stay anywhere else. The location is prime to get to Disneyland, we love that the hotel sells bus tickets, and the bus drop off is right in front of the hotel. We love getting a suite, it gives our family plenty of room on our trip. The rooms are always immaculately clean, service is excellent, parking is easy and the free breakfast is an outstanding bonus to get our day started.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Desert Palms Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!