My family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids) stayed for 3 nights. A friendly gentleman check us in and gave us a parking permit. There is ground parking as well as underground parking. We stayed on the 2nd floor in a 2 queen room. It was clean, overlooked the carpark (so it was a bit noisy at times). A couple minor complaints: there were only 3 shallow drawers to put our clothes in so our family didn't have enough space to completely unpack; but they did have a lot of hangers in the closet so we did utilize that space, too. The other minor thing was that the coffee provided was enough to make one cup of coffee, but this was offset by the fact that they offer coffee in the lobby all day and night. There was a microwave and refrigerator in good working condition. The hair dryer was weak, though.
Breakfast area was full, but roomy with indoor and outdoor seating. Selection of breakfast items were good. The pool is small, we did not use it; but it seemed that someone was always in the pool or the spa enjoying themselves.
The walk to Disneyland took about 10 minutes. My 9 and 12 year old were able to handle 2 round trips per day for 3 days.
The people at the hotel were always nice and service was quick. Our TV wasn't working, so we called the front desk. The friendly maintenance guy was at our door in 5 minutes.
We enjoyed dinner at the small restaurant adjacent to the lobby. The pizza was delicious!
Overall, we enjoyed our stay at the Desert Palms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Desert Palms Hotel and Suites is located in the heart of the Anaheim Resort. It is right on the corner of business and pleasure; located next door to the Disneyland Resort and across the street from the Anaheim Convention Center. Along with our spacious rooms and suites we offer Free Breakfast, Free Parking, and a Free Hot Breakfast Buffet. All rooms and suites come equipped with a microwave, mini-fridge and coffee maker. You are sure to find the perfect place for your family vacation at the Desert Palms Hotel. Our room offering start with the Deluxe Room, which offers 2 queen beds and continues with a number of different suites. Our Borrego Suites offers a sunken living room with sofa sleeper for up to 6 people. Our Yuha Kids Suite offers a bunk bed for the kids! Our Sahara Condo Suite offers a full kitchen, perfect for longer stays. Our largest room, the Kalahari Family Suite sleeps up to 8 people with 2 private bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. There is something for everyone at the Desert Palms Hotel. Kids will have a blast at our arcade corner and even have their own special check in at our Kids Registration. In the lobby they can start the scavenger hunt to find our hidden Mickey and Minnie and receive a prize! Our lobby also features a photo kiosk, perfect for taking that family photo and uploading it straight to Facebook or Twitter. Choose the Desert Palms Hotel for your next Anaheim Vacation and Experience the Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Amex, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, getaroom.com, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Desert Palms Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Palms Hotel And Suites
- Desert Palms Anaheim
- Desert Palms Hotel Suites
- Desert Palms Hotel Anaheim