“Maybe a 3 star hotel” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Seattle, Washington
“Maybe a 3 star hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

If you're on a budget, this hotel will work for you. The staff is friendly and accommodating...we asked for our room to be located in the back so we could see the fireworks from our balcony as suggestion by other reviews here on Trip Advisor which they did, however, there isn't a balcony..only a step-out. The overall impression of the hotel is very dated and worn-out. Would not stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (363)
auckland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Great Hotel to stay for our family of 5 (kids ages 8,14,16). We had a room (think called sahara suite) with queen bed Tv bathroom and door to kids room with bunks, pull out sofa and another TV - great to have seperate room of sorts. Hotel a tad tried but very clean. All staff very friendly and helpful and the location was perfect. A Seven11 and ABC store next door which was perfect for getting supplies of bottled water and stuff and only a 10 min (feels like5) walk to Disneyland - not far at all.We cant believe people complain its to far to walk - they must be lazy!! Loads of restaurants to choose from all located close .Breakfast included each morning which was good.
We would definitely come back and stay here and recommend it.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

This hotel is located at a reasonable walking distance (10-15 mins) to disneyland. Stayed here with my family of 3 and enjoyed the casual ambience. The hotel staffs were very helpful and courteous. The hotel provides free american breakfast which you should have before you take that walk to disneyland. If you drive, this hotel provides free parking. There is also a small outdoor pool that we didnt really use because it was often crowded. Next to the hotel, you can find a convenient store that you can stock up your daily necessities and snacks. The best thing I like about this hotel is that it is well suited for families and you can find eating places nearby. We enjoyed our stay here.

Room Tip: I stayed on first floor facing the carpark. It was quiet and we could get a good sleep.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
North Hollywood
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We are a family of 6 so finding a place to stay is difficult. This place was way above our expectations! From the phone call to make our reservation, to the minute we checked out, the staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel is just steps from the Disney Parks, which made it convenient and saved us money on parking. The room was super clean and very spacious. There was a delicious hot breakfast included, with plenty of choices for our picky kids. I have told all my friends and family about this place and will definitely be staying there again soon!

Medford, Oregon, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

On the exterior this hotel looks wonderful, but if you stay for even one night you'll find that the staff are very unfriendly and blunt. The free breakfast sounds like a great deal but the breakfast room is dirty and so cramped you wonder whether or not it's your arm grabbing your food or the person's behind you (not to mention the food is all reconstituted from powder form). If you have any kind of technological needs AVOID this place like the plague. I've never in my life been to a hotel (or anywhere for that matter) that had a slower Wi-Fi connection than this hotel. In order to remedy this problem I asked for a Cat-5 cable which the staff promptly told me they didn't have any. Shortly after this conversation, on the way back to my room I saw an employee walking down the hallway with (believe it or not) a Cat-5 cable, so I asked him if I could have one and he politely said yes and handed it to me. I went back to the room and plugged my cable happy that my frustration was finally going to be over and, surprise surprise, the cable was faulty. I went back down to the front room pointed at the cable and asked if I could have a replacement and the front desk woman went right back and grabbed me a new one (which also doesn't work mind you) so I decided to instead write a review using what little Wi-Fi I have... This is my second try... Approximately every 15 minutes of internet usage you have to reload your page or you get disconnected from their servers, so say goodbye to Netflix or 1channel or Hulu whichever is your internet movie watching site of choice. I couldn't be less happy. The only positive things I've experienced thus far from this hotel are their prompt cleaning service and the pool. We left this morning for our dreadful breakfast and came back to a spotless room, so if you plan on only being here to sleep.... Still not worth your money, go elsewhere.. Also the pool is clean and mostly empty so you get it all to yourself, but it is outside so in December it's no wonder there's nobody in it.

Room Tip: Get a room as far away from the guest Ice dispenser and laundry room because it is VERY noisy.
Carlsbad, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

I cannot give an "excellent" because I don't feel I was really there for long enough (just long enough to sleep). The room was very clean and had a good set up, but as with many hotels, it was easy to hear the neighbors.
The staff was amazingly friendly.
We didn't eat breakfast because the beds were just too comfy and we could not wake up :)
I would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dunedin, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay. The room was lovely. We didn't get to use other facilities, like the pool and gym, because we were at Disneyland full time. But would have liked to. The breakfast was great - lots of choice, excellent value. We would recommend the hotel to anyone coming to Disneyland. It is less than 10 minutes walk from the front entrance on the same side of the street. Also, there's a 7/11 right next door so you can buy food there for lunches, etc.

The hotel was very kind with parking. We arrived early on our check-in day and they allowed us to park in their carpark and go to Disneyland. We didn't actually check in until we got back from Disneyland after 9pm. The same thing on check-out day. We were allowed to leave the car there all day and pick it up after 9pm when we were ready to leave. They also have a free luggage storage area for guests.

Make sure you call the hotel first before buying online. They offer a discount for AAA members which would have made our stay cheaper. Unfortunately we booked online before we thought to check.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Desert Palms Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!