So this isn't The Ritz, but for the money, it is a great place for families on a budget. We were a party of 8 - two of us (older folks) in a double queen room and a family of 6 in room 460, a room with 2 queens and a sort-of separate space (divided by a curtain) with a sleeper sofa. Plenty of room for a wild bunch of kids - that is why grandpa & grandma opted for a separate room. The rooms were older, but clean and I really inspected the place. The beds were fine, but you may want to ask for additional blankets if you get cold at night and I always bring my own pillow no matter where I stay. The rooms were very quiet. Again, a good value for the money.
The free breakfast was exactly what you would expect, waffle stations, fruit, eggs, donuts, cereal and the staff was always there to replenish supplies. It did get crowded at certain times, but it did seem to clear out and the staff was right on top of keeping the tables and area clean.
The walk to Disneyland was very doable, even with all the kids. If you are going to complain about the distance you have to walk to get to Disneyland, then stay home - you are going to be on your feet and walking all day, so consider this a little warm up!
We used the pool one evening - the water took a little getting used to, but the kids did not care in the least. The hot tub was very relaxing and everything was clean. A bit heavy on the chlorine, but at least that kept the germs away.
The staff was always helpful and courteous and the parking is free. I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Desert Palms Hotel and Suites is located in the heart of the Anaheim Resort. It is right on the corner of business and pleasure; located next door to the Disneyland Resort and across the street from the Anaheim Convention Center. Along with our spacious rooms and suites we offer Free Breakfast, Free Parking, and a Free Hot Breakfast Buffet. All rooms and suites come equipped with a microwave, mini-fridge and coffee maker. You are sure to find the perfect place for your family vacation at the Desert Palms Hotel. Our room offering start with the Deluxe Room, which offers 2 queen beds and continues with a number of different suites. Our Borrego Suites offers a sunken living room with sofa sleeper for up to 6 people. Our Yuha Kids Suite offers a bunk bed for the kids! Our Sahara Condo Suite offers a full kitchen, perfect for longer stays. Our largest room, the Kalahari Family Suite sleeps up to 8 people with 2 private bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. There is something for everyone at the Desert Palms Hotel. Kids will have a blast at our arcade corner and even have their own special check in at our Kids Registration. In the lobby they can start the scavenger hunt to find our hidden Mickey and Minnie and receive a prize! Our lobby also features a photo kiosk, perfect for taking that family photo and uploading it straight to Facebook or Twitter. Choose the Desert Palms Hotel for your next Anaheim Vacation and Experience the Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Amex, Tingo, Otel, Travelocity, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Desert Palms Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Palms Hotel And Suites
- Desert Palms Anaheim
- Desert Palms Hotel Suites
- Desert Palms Hotel Anaheim