We stayed 3 nights here and were very happy with our stay. The front desk was always helpful and friendly. The room (we had a kids suite) was on the small side for what it was, but perfectly adequate and extremely clean. Plus the bunk beds were a huge hit with my kids and the balcony, though too tiny for even a chair, faced the park and I think if we had been up in the room at the right time we would have had a great view of the fireworks. I am a light sleeper and easily bothered by noise, and I have to say I thought the noise level was excellent here. Unlike places we've stayed in the past, we did not hear noisy doors opening or people talking in the hallway. The air conditioning and bathroom fan were both nice and quiet.
One neat surprise was the pool. While totally drab and unexciting during the day (not a complaint - it is what we expected from the photos and was fine with us. We didn't use it because we were at the parks but even if we had, my kids would have been happy!) at night they turn on underwater color changing lights which actually made it magical! The kids thought it was amazing.
We discovered that walking would have been easier than the shuttle, when returning from the parks. It's really not too far (though difficult for tired feet) and when we missed one shuttle, we had to wait a full forty minutes to catch the last bus of the day. I'm not sure why as they are supposed to come every 20 minutes - but this one came and then sat there for another 15. This is not the fault of the hotel - just a tip - walk home!
Really our only criticism of the hotel was the breakfast selection. I can see that they tried to have a varied selection, yet none of it was very appealing to us. There were only 2 cereals (corn flakes and fruit loops) and we did not care for the eggs. The waffles - a great idea and easy to make yourself - were really dense and didn't taste so good. I think if they just added bagels and cream cheese, a few more cereal options or some granola, and bananas, it would be easier for people to find something they like. It was nice to be able to sit outside on the roof (or inside if you chose) and eat breakfast, though!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Desert Palms Hotel and Suites is located in the heart of the Anaheim Resort. It is right on the corner of business and pleasure; located next door to the Disneyland Resort and across the street from the Anaheim Convention Center. Along with our spacious rooms and suites we offer Free Breakfast, Free Parking, and a Free Hot Breakfast Buffet. All rooms and suites come equipped with a microwave, mini-fridge and coffee maker. You are sure to find the perfect place for your family vacation at the Desert Palms Hotel. Our room offering start with the Deluxe Room, which offers 2 queen beds and continues with a number of different suites. Our Borrego Suites offers a sunken living room with sofa sleeper for up to 6 people. Our Yuha Kids Suite offers a bunk bed for the kids! Our Sahara Condo Suite offers a full kitchen, perfect for longer stays. Our largest room, the Kalahari Family Suite sleeps up to 8 people with 2 private bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. There is something for everyone at the Desert Palms Hotel. Kids will have a blast at our arcade corner and even have their own special check in at our Kids Registration. In the lobby they can start the scavenger hunt to find our hidden Mickey and Minnie and receive a prize! Our lobby also features a photo kiosk, perfect for taking that family photo and uploading it straight to Facebook or Twitter. Choose the Desert Palms Hotel for your next Anaheim Vacation and Experience the Oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Desert Palms Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Palms Hotel And Suites
- Desert Palms Anaheim
- Desert Palms Hotel Suites
- Desert Palms Hotel Anaheim