“Awesome place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stanford Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Stanford Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Stanford Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2171 South Harbor Boulevard, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Comfort Inn Maingate)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #16 of 111 hotels in Anaheim
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Awesome place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I love the night staff! I loved my bed! I loved how they accommodated me with a discounted price! They were the right place at the right time!

They saved me from a horrible hotel called Anaheim Executive Inn & Suites.

They night staff was extremely understanding of my situation and took care of me!!

• Stayed March 2013
Steve L, Manager at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
We are very thrilled you and your family enjoyed your stay with us! We will do whatever it takes to exceed our guest's expectation and to accommodate all of our guest's needs!

We greatly appreciate your comments! We look forward to serving you, your family, and friends again in the future!

416 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We arrived and had a pleasant welcome from the front desk clerk. Lugged our bags up flight of stairs (no elevator) to our room. Nice room; family room with bunk bed separate. Woke up each morning to yelling kids/parents going up and down the walkway outside our room- NO INSULATION from any noises. Street noises sound like they're in your room.

Breakfast was not up my alley but I like healthy food. Donuts, sugary cereal, waffle maker, fake (powdered) eggs, white bread, white bagels, no real cream for coffee- powdered "creamer". These things may not matter to you, but I didn't enjoy the breakfast. VERY crowded dining area.

Their site says they're "blocks from Disneyland". That's a 1/4 mile block I guess; it's one mile walking. No free shuttle from the hotel.

Basically I woke up everyday from other people's kids, not my own and need to sleep now that I'm home!

Great staff, very friendly and helpful when we mentioned the noisy neighbours. Just no insulation between rooms or to the outside.

Room Tip: Go to a corner suite where you won't have people stomping and yelling past your door at 7am.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Steve L, Manager at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Hello Nicole,

We apologize for the inconvenience during your stay. Usually at the end of March, it is spring break and we have a lot of guest traveling all over the world to stay at our hotel to visit Disneyland & California Adventure Land. Majority of our guest, especially children get real excited.

We take careful consideration with the choices we provide for our breakfast. We serve hot and cold breakfast and a variety of other healthy alternatives. We do serve yogurt, whole wheat bread, oatmeal, and fresh fruits.

Again, we apologize for the experience you had at our hotel. We greatly appreciate your comments and suggestion. We look forward to serving you, your family, and friends again soon!
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed here on a sunday and monday night while going to disney. Nice grounds beautiful flowers, nice rooms with good size and good beds. Lots of people at breakfast so get there early. Hot tub was dirty had lots of foam. All in all good experience. A long way from Disney but you can catch the art close by for 5.00.

Room Tip: In the back is nice and quiet
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We are very glad you and your family enjoyed your stay with us! We apologize for the inconvenience regarding our hot tub. I can assure you, our maintenance team checks and clean our heated pool and spa twice a day on a daily basis. We will make sure the same mistakes does not happen twice.
We greatly appreciate your comments. We are looking forward to having another opportunity to serve you, your family, and friends again soon.
Las Vegas, NV
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Stayed here because it is close to Disneyland but not as close as we thought (2 miles). The condition of our room was appalling. The carpet and chairs had stains everywhere. There was a blood stain on the bedspread. We turned the tv on and it took out the electricity on that side of the room. A maintenance man came up and tried to correct the situation by flipping the breaker several times to no avail. By then it is 930pm and we have to change rooms. Our next room was cleaner but the coffee pot didn't work and the lid on the carafe was broken off. They delivered a new one the next day after breakfast. The free breakfast is good but there is very little seating subjecting you to sit outside and freeze or try to carry everything to your room. The shuttle to Disney is at a nearby hotel you have to walk to. This place has not been renovated or maintained in decades. One night a drunk couple had a huge loud fight in the middle of the parking lot at 330am. They probably came from the bar adjacent to the property.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Steve L, Owner at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience during your stay at our hotel. We take our guest’s comments and suggestions very seriously.

Since the ownership changed recently, we are currently renovating our bathrooms and our guest rooms. We are upgrading our upholstery, upgrading our bathroom tiles/floors, new carpets, and we already changed all of our bedding linens.

Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and we greatly appreciate your comments. We will do our best to not make the same mistake twice. We are doing whatever it takes to make our hotel a great experience for our guest. We are looking forward to having another opportunity to serve you, your family, and friends again soon.
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I feel really bad giving this hotel just an okay review because the staff is so incredibly nice and because they seem to have plans to improve the rooms, so maybe in the near future it will be better. Right now (as of March 2013), the rooms are in very bad need of updating. My room was as clean as it could get, yet it still seemed dirty. There was a fridge (bigger size than average, which was nice), microwave and coffee maker in the room which all worked perfectly,and the bed was very comfortable. The location is pretty good, there's a shuttle that goes up and down that road that makes frequent stops. You can take it to Disneyland or to anywhere along that road.

If they renovate the place, it will be worth going back to.

Room Tip: Go for a 2nd floor room. That way you won't have any noise above you.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Steve L, Manager at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
We thank you for your valuable comments. We take our guest's comments and suggestions very seriously. We are very pleased our staff was helpful, kind, and accommodated all your & your families needs.

Yes, at the moment our hotel is renovating our rooms and bathrooms for a better guest experience. We are in the midst of changing our upholstery, carpets, bathrooms, and much much more. Some of our rooms have been renovated and we expect to finish our renovation by late April.

Again, we thank you for your business and your valuable comments. We are looking forward to having another opportunity to serve you, your family, and friends again
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

we needed a room for 2 adults and two toddlers---the room was tight. The table came with 1 chair and we had to swipe chairs from the dinning room so at least some of us could eat at the table as a family. trying to save money while on vacation at Disneyland we planned on the free breakfast the hotel provides, and the use of the in room fridge and microwave to store and heat food up. The gals at the front desk were very help and accommodating---check in was 3pm but they let us into our room t 11am!---what a saver----the weather was terrible and rainy. The upholstery was dirty and stained, but it was in good condition otherwise. The location was close enough to the park for us to use the ART system at $5.00/adult and the kids were young enough to get them on for free. Disney is $15 to park, so this was a savings, AND if you have a medicare card you can get the $2.00 discounted rate.
Over all if I were to do this trip again I would factor in the cost of parking at Disney ($15.00/day) vs. the ART bus for all of us and Food or not vs. this location 1mile away.

Room Tip: Don't forget to mention Handy cap if you are
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
We thank you for your valuable comment. We are very pleased to hear our staff accommodated all your & and your families needs. At the moment, we are in the midst of renovating our rooms and bathrooms. Some rooms have been renovated and we expect to finish our renovation by late April.

Again, thanks for your business and your valuable comments. We are looking forward to having another opportunity to serve you, your family, and friends again soon.

-Stanford Inn & Suites
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed in this hotel two summers ago with my little girl. I was traveling on limited funds for our vacation but wanted to take my daughter to Disneyland. I stay in Comfort Suites a lot, and have always been happy. The hotel charged over $400 to my credit card for someone else's room. I brought it to their attention, and while they reversed it, the entire length of our vacation that money was not available to us. The manager promised to make it right and give us enough points to give us a free stay the next time we came. Every time I called, he was unavailable. We went ahead and booked a room this past summer. Of course never could find him, either at the hotel or by telephone. Not only was my room not covered, I was charged more than I was quoted on the phone. When I brought to the attention of the person at the front desk I was quite rudely told, "well you signed it". We were rushing to catch the shuttle to Disney and wanted to be sure we'd have a room, because of course there wasn't a room ready for us then, and didn't want to come back and be told there were no rooms left when I had a sleeping child. I guess shame on me for giving them a second chance.

Room Tip: Don't stay in near the front of the hotel by the breakfast room if you want to sleep past 6am.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Stanford Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!