“Sounds Great......But Dissapointing!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Stanford Inn & Suites

You added Stanford Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Stanford Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2171 South Harbor Boulevard, Anaheim, CA 92802 (Formerly Comfort Inn Maingate)   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #14 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
Wellington, Colorado
“Sounds Great......But Dissapointing!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2008

For a "Newly renovated" hotel......it still needs a lot of work!!! For starters when we arrived at 4pm we were told we had to drive around to the other side of the building to find our room #152, then we walked in .......within the first 20 min. we found that the beds were soft and caved into the middle,sheets didnt stay tucked in, there was mold in the shower/tub combo and the floors needed to be cleaned. I know this from walking in my socks....within the first 20 min. my socks were FILTHY!!!! The door didnt compleately seal(you could see daylight/blaring street lamps) all night long.....didnt make for a good nites sleep.

As for the positive for this property.....THE WAFFELS ARE GREAT!!!! Both mornings we were there......I made waffels what a great set-up. All hotels should have this.

• Liked — The waffels
  • Disliked — It was Dirty
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
JeffersonKim, General Manager at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 23, 2008
NEWLY RENOVATED

Our hotel just installed new furniture in March 2008. The beds were newly installed Spring 2007 along with the carpets.

ROOM LOCATION

I'm not sure how busy it was that night, but we take special requests as to where you want the room at the time of check in. Our hotel is an exterior property, so the entrance to the rooms are on the outside of the building. Guests are welcome to park on the inside of the property and walk through the hallways to the other side of the building to get into their rooms. With exterior entrances, it's much more convenient to drive and park right in front of the door of the room.

CARPETS & BED QUALITY

We rotate through each room to do deep carpet cleaning on a regular basis. The carpet must have been about to be cleaned and has since been cleaned. As for the bed, I'll be personally investigating this further to check for quality. I'll replace it as necessary.

100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE

Please let us know if there are any issues with the room. If it's not too busy we can usually move you to a different room where the issues aren't as pronounced.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Albuquerque Metro Area, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2008

My family of five stayed in one of the kid suites with 2 bathrooms over Spring Break. The room was nice and clean, and the service was great. When we needed a TV remote fixed, I stopped by the front desk on my way to breakfast and asked for them to fix it, and I also asked for additional washcloths when they cleaned the room. By the time I was finished with breakfast, it was all in my room. The rest of the stay, they made sure we had enough washcloths every day.

The pool was nice and just the right temperature. I found the front desk staff to be super helpful. If I wanted to know where to get ice cream, they had a suggestion. They gave me a great estimate on how long it would take to drive during rush hour to get to a dinner theater. They let the kids pick a toy out of a treasure chest while I was checking in.

Breakfast added to the value, but it would be nice to have some variety over a 6 day stay. There was the same items everyday. The room got really crowded, but they have set up picnic tables outside to help. It would have been nice to have some yogurt or a different cereal, but they really do a good job of utilizing the limited space they have. The attendant keeps everything stocked.

Overall, we were pleased. The beds were comfortable, the room was clean and everything worked. I was impressed in reading the reviews that anytime someone had a complaint that the manager, Jefferson Kim, would respond on this website. By the time we got to the hotel, I felt quite confident that if anything were wrong, I could ask to speak with him and he would do what he could to make it right. We just never needed to speak to him.

• Liked — The two bedrooms & two bathrooms
  • Disliked — Needed more healthy breakfast selections, even peanut butter would be an improvement
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
San Diego
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2008

Our party was 4 adults and 2 kids, all were very comfortable. I have stayed other places since, but I still remember this trip fondly, especially the bake-your-own waffles. Any chace you can email me the batter recipie?

• Liked — easy access to disneyland and the waffles at breakfast
  • Disliked — we had to leave
  • Stayed October 2005, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
JeffersonKim, General Manager at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 4, 2008
You can find the website of the people who provide the waffle batter by Googling the phrase "heartland food products"

I'm not sure if they sell to individual consumers or if they'll disclose their secret recipe ;-)
Calif. Girl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2008

We just stayed here Feb 11th thru Feb 14th.
Room was nice and clean, and ready for us when we checked in at 1:00.
The only issue we had was the sprinklers/irrigation going off in the middle of the night! Very loud water gushing sounds waking us up each night. We were in room 248, back of inn property facing the apartment complex. You will also hear cars starting up in the A.M. so be prepared for that. BUt I hope The Manager of Comfort INn reads this and adjusts the sprinkler timers so that they don't go off in the middle of the night!!!!
otherwise a nice and clean place.

• Liked — clean
  • Disliked — location to Dsneyland not
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
JeffersonKim, General Manager at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 7, 2008
The sprinklers for the property are currently scheduled to begin at 4:00 AM and last for approximately 15 minutes. Some of the sprinklers are spraying into the walkways, so I'll be adjusting those before setting the time of the sprinkler start to late evening as to not disturb anyone's sleep.

I figure it will generally be more appreciated that guests don't get sprayed on as they walk through the hotel walkways until we get the spray alignments fixed.

Should any guest have any problems with the hotel that we can fix, please let the front desk know right away or message me so that I can get the issues resolved as quickly as possible. With a property the size of ours, it's nearly impossibly for us to track every problem unless we're notified by the guest.

Thank you all for your input in helping to make my hotel the best in its class.
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2008

The General Manager went the extra mile in making our stay VERY memorable. We visited with 3 out or our 4 adult children and thier children for a Disneyland vacation. The one family was not able to attend due to an upcoming birth of a new grandchild. Jefferson Kim and that family worked together, long distance, to arrange for a special announcement of the new baby to be in all of our rooms, right at the time of the event,. We returned from a fun day at Disneyland to find the sweet announcements that the General Manager and his staff had arranged for each of us. We'll never forget thier thoughtfulness. It will become a story linked to this new grandchild for her entire life. Her loving grandparents thank you.

• Liked — plastic wrapped drinking glasses in the room; complimentary breakfast
  • Disliked — The staff could have been more helpful with better ART public transit information.
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
I have talked with the guest regarding the issue with better Anaheim Resort Transit (ART) communication from the front desk. The front desk personnel has been reminded to better communicate the schedule for ART by forwarding the guests the schedule located on a pedestal at our front desk.

ART picks up every 20 minutes, but they have a lunch break for about one hour from about 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM. The lunch break became an issue when the guests were waiting outside for a bus that never showed up because of the lunch break. The guests eventually got to Disneyland, but not until after ART came back from lunch.

I would personally prefer to have a dedicated shuttle, but the City of Anaheim restricts it through various city ordinances which essentially force our hotel to use ART.
Salt Lake City, UT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2008

I got a deal on Getawaytoday.com to go to this hotel. I was a bit worried as it wasn't like RIGHT on the maingate to disneyland as I thought the name implied, but it's extremely close. You could walk there from here easily, I'd say a mile or so but my wife and I preferred to use the shuttle system.
There's a shuttle that will pick you up right outside and take you to Disneyland for $3/day unlimited. It comes every 20-25 minutes. Not a bad deal, considering parking in disneyland is much more moneywise and maybe even time wise.

I loved the staff and the breakfast made it great, it's nice not having to worry about breakfast. Good price, good hotel.

• Liked — Nice staff
  • Disliked — N/A
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
We are a little over a mile from our hotel to the security check point to the hotel. I apologize if the name of the hotel feels misleading. I noticed this as well when I became the General Manager in September 2007. Due to the nightmare it would take to do a name change in all the sources that list us, and because we need some kind of name that differentiates us from the other two Comfort Inns in Anaheim, I have chosen to keep the name which I inherited.

I try on our official website to clearly communicate our distance to Disneyland and do my best to make sure we give no impression we are directly adjacent to the Maingate of Disneyland, other than the name of the hotel itself.

ANAHEIM RESORT TRANSIT (ART): Parking at Disneyland for all day, with in and out privileges, is $11/day. We're the second to last stop before the shuttle goes to Disneyland's security check point. Versus driving your own car, ART can have it's advantages and disadvantages. It can save you time getting to the park, but the return trip may take a little longer because of the fact that there are about 5 stops before you reach ours. Also, depending on the size of your family, ART can be more expensive, and offers less flexibility should you need to return to the hotel in the middle of the day.
Tempe
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2008

We just returned from a five night stay at the Comfort Inn Maingate. I booked the hotel because I was able to get a suite with an extra bathroom and the bunkbeds. I really didn't have too many problems with the room other than it did smell a little wierd. And, the bathrooms could be updated. However, overall I wasn't too disappointed. My problem was with the manager on duty the night of New Year's Eve. We (five adults) returned from Disneyland after the New Year's Eve festivities. We all got back to the room by about 1:30 a.m. We were just settling in when we got a phone call about 2:30 a.m. from the manager. I myself was nearly asleep. The others were quietly watching TV and getting ready to retire. The manager called to say that a room near us was complaining that we were too noisy. Imagine our surprise, as we were as quiet as could be. A couple of us had walked all the way back to the hotel and were extremely tired. Way too tired to party ... The manager also threatened that if we didn't quiet down, and if he had to call us again, that he would also be calling the police. Perhaps he should have come and investigated himself to see where the noise was coming from, because it was not coming from us. My daughter also heard noises from another room, but nothing too loud. My husband has said that he will never stay there again.

• Liked — Two Bathrooms
  • Disliked — Being Accused of Being Too Loud
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
JeffersonKim, General Manager at Stanford Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 15, 2008
The employee who claimed to be the manager was not a manager. My employee handled the situation very poorly and will not be working at the hotel by the end of this month. I have since contacted the guest and offered a free night's stay in the future in our two bathroom Kid's suite as compensation.