“The Cost: Pennies Quality: Half of your Penny” 2 of 5 stars

Special Price
$5 off room rate
Ranked #104 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
Oakland, California
“The Cost: Pennies Quality: Half of your Penny”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

PROS:
-Close ART Shuttle stop & kiosk in Anabella Hotel
-Less than 10 min. walk to DownTown Disney/Monorail (to get you inside Disneyland Park arriving in Tomorrowland)
-Free WiFi
-Fridge & Microwave
-Quiet (depending on time of year)

CONS:
-Dirty Towels (I saw makeup stains on 1 body towel and long hair on 1 body towel & 1 floor towel)
-Wait time for Hot Water: 7mins.
-No 'public' restroom
-No Con'tl Breakfast (There is free coffee starting at 10am but no sugar, milk, cream or spoons)

This was my 2nd time staying here with my small child and it will be my last for 2 reasons: Dirty Towels and No Public Restroom -read on for explanations.

1st of all, it states on the website that there is an airport shuttle. Well I called days prior to my arrival only to be told that I would need to call Super Shuttle to make the arrangements (No points taken here, taxi is only $45-50 from LGB Airport).

We arrived 3 hours prior to check in but was accommodated at no extra cost (Point gained!).

I brought my own bed linens due to other reviews on here but personally saw nothing wrong with the sheets. Facilities (toilet, shower, sink, dressers) were worn down, which was expected and I was able to look past, I really was just looking to sleep somewhere safe, close and cheap.

Fast Forward to the next morning. I went to take a shower and had to wait longer than 5 minutes waiting for the water to even reach a 'warm' stage. After showering with the curtain open, I went to grab a folded towel and there was 2 long brown hairs on it (Point lost). Reached for another and there was, what I assumed to be, mascara stains on it (point lost).
Went to heat up some oatmeal that we brought and didn't see any plastic ware. So I headed to the Front Desk only to be told that they didn't have spoons or forks (point lost).

Check out was easy and fast and I was able to store my luggage behind the counter (point lost-couldn't it have gone in an office at least?!) and was assured that a taxi would be called for me when I got back. We went to the park for a few hours and came back got our luggage (with everything still inside) and a taxi was called. Of course after waiting for 5 mins. my little one declares that she had to go potty. I asked the Front Desk girl (yes, a young girl who mind you was playing some Facebook Farm game, HELLO, there are mirrors behind you!!!) if we could use the restroom. She replied "We don't have a public restroom". Me: "We just checked out not too long ago, couldn't we just use the same room we were in?" Front Desk: " It was probably already cleaned, I can't let you in another room because we'd have to clean up after you guys and the maids are gone. There is a Denny's next door." Me: "Are you kidding me?" Front Desk: "No, it's just a few steps away" Me:" Ok well do you have some tissue, just in case she can't hold it all the way to Denny's? (Of course my child can hold it but I thought I'd pry a little more)" Front Desk: "No" So once outside I saw that there was another hotel on the way to Denny's and we went in there. On the way out I asked the Front Desk person there to tell Alamo Inn that we used the bushes!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Phoenix
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Oh my gosh, this is literally a dungeon with peepholes stuffed with toilet paper, the carpet so dirty we did not take off our shoes, I threw the blanket in the trash where it belonged. cant take a bath cause no plug for tub, and shower head for short people only. it was disgusting. Uggh

Room Tip: Just don't.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
San Jose, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We stayed at this motel with the intentions of smoking weed in it. It was fairly easy to do so by steaming up the bathroom. The room smelled like cleaning chemicals but the floor was still dirty. The sheets were gross and stained, the ceiling had water damage and the elevator had carpeted walls. The service was terrible because we stayed there for 4 days and not once did they clean up. We got away with our illegal activities in the bathroom but thats because the maids were probably doing the same thing as us. One plus is that it was easy to steal extra towels off the cart in the halls!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Camarillo, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

If you want ghetto cheap, this is it! The first room we tried, the microwave & refrig outlets were loose and the privacy lock didn't work. The 2nd room, privacy lock didn't work. 3rd room, the privacy lock sort of worked & we gave up. We were tired. All 3 rooms were dirty & disgusting looking. Dirty carpets, water stained ceilings. The refrig didn't work. We were too scared to even try the microwave. The tv picture quality is horrible, if you move the tv cable it comes in a little clearer. The shower head is good if you are 5'4 but if you are taller, forget it! The sheets had stains, the blankets were sandpaper. The towels, rough and old. Faucet to shower was coming off. Ants were found in bathroom and sink area. Cockroach found outside our room. We tried to use the a/c &/or fan & it didn't work. Ice machine didn't work. Also, one of my family members has bed bug bites all over her and went to doctor! The owner, manager, who ever you are, should be ashamed of yourselves. I would never reccomend your place to stay. You need to sleep in your motel beds and experience what you have your guests had to go through. The only compliments I will give is Susanna at the lobby desk is very nice and free parking; other than that, the worse place I have ever stayed!

Room Tip: Don't stay at this motel!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Santa Barbara, CA USA (Buellton, CA)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2012

we changed rooms right away after being put in a dungeon end room w no ventalation stinky rooms we moved upstairs it was just as bad but reverse floorplan so more light. They do have trudge and microwave I think but that's the only good. Rooms r very cheap if you want to save money but idfork over 30 more to stay else where. My 3 yr old stepped on a large rusty screw nail that went through her shoe and poked her foot. We made report to hotel and r waiting response forreimbursement of Dr bills. Front desk took photos and we filled out a report. This was right on the sidewalk outside the doors of rooms. Do they sweep. Will not stay again. Front desk girl was as helpful as she could b and we appriciats her efforts. I would think they woukd reimburse me for the room and Dr visits let alone the pain she was in. Alamo was not so nice of property. Employee I met was good that's it

Room Tip: I have no positive tips except skip it
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Sacramento, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

If you're looking for cheap and close this is the place. Carpet was dirty - wouldn't walk w/o socks. Didn't feel comfortable bathing. Overall just didn't feel clean. I would not recommend this place if you have small children

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Surrey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

We had planned a 10 day stay in Anaheim as our once-in-a-lifetime family trip to Disneyland, as well as to other attractions in LA. When we arrived, we were given a room near the pool that at first glance, wasn't too bad except for broken plastic on the air conditioner. It wasn't until that evening when our kids went to use the pool and we sent them to have a bath afterward that we found out that the water faucet on the bathtub would not pull on, so they dried off with some of the towels. It looked on closer inspection that someone had either kicked it or stood on it. My wife went to the office but as there was only one staff person available, she gave us the key card to try the next unit over. We couldn't even open that one. I went back, and after 3 tries and one more unit in, we had found our room. We settled in for the night, but around midnight had to listen to a loud 'discussion' outside in spanish. The next night, we settled in, and things seemed ok until around 11 pm when a family took the unit over ours. Small children running back and forth along the catwalk and loud voices promted my wife to call the office...twice. After that, things seemed to settle down and the rest of our stay was alright, barring the incident where my daughter encountered a large cockroach in the bathroom. I work as maintenance man, and so for the people running the motel, I would like to point out some things...There should be a paper that the chambermaid checks off for maintenance issues. Lights needed to be replaced, the electrical outlets all need to be replaced, (they are all loose), and in the sink area of our room, I realized that there is evidence of a recent leak from the room upstairs that can be seen as damp spots on the wall and ceiling. Kudos to the chambermaid who worked hard in keeping the unit clean.
The WIFI was horrible, and half the time, I couldn't even log on. The TV had about 5 English stations and 10 spanish ones. The location is really good and the staff were reasonable.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family