“They could have told me beforehand.....” 1 of 5 stars

Announcement
Free Breakfast!
Ranked #20 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
sydney
“They could have told me beforehand.....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I booked a C1 Family suite about 4 months ago (I stayed in Sept 19/22 2013) which has 2 rooms(interconnections), 2 x 2 double beds and 1 and a half baths - I have had this room twice before. When I got there to check in at approx 2pm I was asked if I wanted an upgrade, they said they could give us two rooms with a king bed in each (there was only 2 of us travelling - sisters), I asked if it was interconnecting and he said no, so I said no I booked a C1 I would like a C1, the then asked if we wanted 2 interconnecting rooms (2 x 2 double beds), again I said no, now I am getting worried - are they trying to sell my C1 room to someone else for more than I paid? The person at the front went away, spoke to someone in another room, came back and said okay come back after 3 for the keys....We came back and this time another person served us, he told us that the C1 rooms were being renovated and he could put us in a 'family suite' and how it was better cause it had 2 full bathrooms (who cares). I wasn't happy. I could see the rooms were being renovated but why wasn't I informed earlier by email? And if it was a so-called 'famlly suite' we were in how come we ended up with 2 seperate bills at the end of the stay? I did like the Desert Inn and that was my third and final stay there. I will also now be telling everyone not to stay there. All it would have taken was a email before my stay, they must have been too scared that I would have gone elsewhere, well I will be now.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Teo H, Front Office Manager at Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Hello Lisa N,

I would like to deeply apologize about the inconvenience encountered while at the Desert Inn. It is not part of the Desert Inn Culture to change reservations at last minute, however renovations do take a tall on the hotel. Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you give us a second chance in the future.

Anaheim Desert Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Toowoomba, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

2 stays were had by our family as the suites were conveniently close to Disneyland and many shops and restaurants. The rooms were clean, bed comfy and staff pleasant. Reception were helpful to degree but could do with some improvement regarding guests needs. Parking was an issue as we had a large car and couldn't always get near our room. Breakfast room was very warm in the morning and a bit overcrowded but we only ate there once.
All in all, the price was satisfactory for what we received and as we were from Australia we were just happy to be on holidays and get a good night sleep.
Yes, I would recommend staying at the Desert Inn and Suites.

Room Tip: Don't try to book in early. Request under cover parking. Buy Disney tickets from reception to ge...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Teo H, Front Office Manager at Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Hi KatheirneF,

Thank you for your review and thank you for trying our hotel! We are happy to hear you found your room pleasant and that most of our amenities were to your satisfaction. We do have valet service available for our guest at no additional cost that you can use. We are also in the planning stages of expanding our breakfast room area and add additional sitting. Nothing is more important to us than our relationship with our guests. Again, we thank you for your review and we cannot wait for your next stay!

Sacramento, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is the loudest hotel. I'm aware its full of families, but should I really be able to hear my neighbors unzipping their luggage? I've also gotten quite a few parenting tips as I've also heard the obligatory lecturing that goes on after a day in the park.
One star for how close it is to Disney. Negative stars for their jailhouse Continental breakfast & paper mache walls.

Room Tip: Go to a hotel that has real walls.
Hello MeganLAM,

I apologize if your stay was anything but perfect. Unfortunately, there are certain things that we cannot predict but please be assured that all of your comments have been taken seriously and addressed accordingly. Thank you for giving us a chance to host your stay and I hope that you'll give us a second chance when you come back to the Disneyland Resort.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

Brought my Grandson who is 4 years old to Disney for first time. Three families came and all stayed in one room with 2 bathrooms, with 4 beds and a sofa bed in a small living room. Had doors if wanted privacy. Also had frig and microwave. Very clean. Just walked across the street to Disney. Was perfect! Will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Teo H, Front Office Manager at Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Hi clark1902,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write a review about the Desert Inn & Suites. We do aspire to deliver a quality product and exceptional friendly service to each and every guest that stays with us. We look forward to having you stay with us again and thank you in advance for being a repeat guest. Kind regards!

UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

The hotel is in an excellent location. My family and I had 2 rooms which both had a lounge which we found very useful. The bathroom was excellent and we made great use of the free wifi. The complimentary breakfast set us up for the day and the staffing of the breakfast area was very efficient.

I would definitely recommend to family and friends and will stay here again the next time I visit Anaheim.

Hello bored0144,

Thank you for giving us a chance and staying with us, I'm glad that our facility and amenities were to your satisfaction. Thank you for recommending us and we look forward to your next visit.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We are a family of 7 looking for good budget accommodation and the Anaheim Desert Inn fits the bill. Rooms spacious and very clean, just across the road from Disneyland so after spending a full day on our feet we only had a short walk. There is a bus stop just outside the hotel which can take you anywhere you need to go, target, big 5 sporting goods, Vons, knots berry farm, orange outlets and more. Would highly recommend it for the budget family traveller
We travelled in early September good time crowds down very low had a chance to go on many rides in Disneyland several times.
enjoy your stay we cant wait to go back again
Miller Family Sydney Australia

Hello Allison M,

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your experience with fellow TripAdvisor members. We couldn't be happier to hear such honoring comments about our hotel, our entire Desert Inn team thanks you for such kind words and invite to be come back to our hotel when you come back to the Disneyland Reslrt.

Gilbert, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We recently stayed here in a parlor suite a. This hotel has many wonderful qualities. Location is prime, room was very clean and spacious. Parking was plenty (we did go during off season), staff was very kind, helpful and courteous. Wi-fi was a tad slow but we didn't use it much, we were too busy having fun at Disneyland so it wasn't a big deal for us. We brought our own breakfast since I knew we would need more than "continental". The only reason I didn't give this place 5 stars was because the "beds". Those were NOT beds. They were hard foam pads in the shape of beds. I even looked because I could not believe how HARD they were. They had no give at all. It was like laying on the floor, no exaggeration. I'm not a picky person but these beds were a joke. We even left 1 day early because we just could not take another night on those "beds" and I have NEVER checked out of a hotel early. And after a long day at The Happiest Place on Earth, you know that all you want is a good, comfy bed to get a good nights rest. I did not complain to front desk because I knew the hotel was booked and knew they could not switch us rooms, plus I don't like being that guest who complains. To my surprise, when we checked out early, the front desk staff offered to give us a half-night refund, which I was not expecting. I would still recommend this hotel and I would stay here again. But I would check the bed before I settle down in the room.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Teo H, Front Office Manager at Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Hello aksharp1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience while staying at the Desert Inn. I'm glad that most of our amenities and services met your expectations. It is also a surprise that our beds were too hard, normally we get compliments on our beds as a number of our guests purchase the same product for their homes. I do thank you for staying with us and I hope that you will stay with us in the future while visiting Disneyland Parks.

Front Office Manager

Been to Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!