“One day trip to the Happiest Place on Earth” 4 of 5 stars

So Cal Disney Tickets
Ranked #17 of 114 Hotels in Anaheim
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Castaic, California
“One day trip to the Happiest Place on Earth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable so we slept well in fact we slept in.....It was reasonable priced! We didn't make it to the indoor pool but it look inviting. Plus this place was very close to Disneyland.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
San Carlos, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I went to Disneyland with my girlfriends in June and stayed at the Desert Palms for the second time and I still loved it. I had gone with my family the year before and the hotel has a variety of rooms for families. The beds were comfortable overall, but not the best i've slept in. Some rooms overlook the back of California Adventure Park. The continental breakfast in the morning gives the day an easy start. Location is perfect since all you have to do is walk past California Adventure and you can purchase a shuttle ticket for 5 dollars per day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Sierra Vista, Az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were a family of 8. We had 2 adjoining rooms on the bottom floor. My grandson had a blast at the pool. My hsuband and I enjoyed the fireworks from the roof top deck. Laundry room was very useful. We never took advantage of the continental breakfast, but at check in, we received a 10% off coupon for Denny"s, which is right next door. We will surely reserve a room again at Anahein Desert Inn and suites. The location was great. especially after a long day at Disneyland and California Adventures. The parking was a hassle. It seeems there are more rooms than parking spots. Be aware there is a daily parking fee. Yet most of the time we had to have our car parked by the valets, because of lack of parking. Make sure you have cash to tip the valets. The giftshop has disney souveniers, for that last minute purchase. Some t-shirts were even 3 for $10.

Ferguson, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The staff and room were above average, for an inexpensive rate you just can't ask for more. The front desk staff was very kind and accommodating, even stored medication for me that needed refrigeration until our room was ready. The room was very clean, and the beds comfortable. Air conditioning worked great and was nice after a long day in the Disney parks. The breakfast that is offered is not special, but decent continental and of good quality and variety. This isn't a resort, but is great as a landing place for exploring Disney. Only about a 10 minute walk to the front gates if that long. Nice place, and I'd stay again.

Room Tip: We had a room at the end off of the courtyard, it was quiet until everyone started moving out their...
Kingsburg, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I wrote a review for 2012 and once again we visited (2013) Disneyland and visited this hotel again since we enjoyed it the last time. As I said before the location of the hotel is perfect especially with little ones. The walk is about a 2 minute walk to Disneyland entrance and walking back with little ones is even better as the distance is very little. We checked in early got our room quickly with no problems. As a matter of fact I was an hour late because of appointments I had made for the salon in Disneyland for my children. I told the hotel my situation and they told me I could check in later, and they immediately took my car and parked it for us. I went straight into Disneyland and came back where they checked me in. The rooms were bigger, it was clean, the beds are comfortable and I had no disturbance what so ever during the night.The elevator was not working right but they had it working 30 minutes later. We stayed for 2nd unplanned night and had no trouble renting the same room for the 2nd night. The staff was excellent, and attended to us immediately with no trouble. Parking is wonderful no waits, and the pay for parking for the day we checked out was only 10 dollars. Once again I am satisfied. This hotel just to let people know is a family motel and the amenities are basic but good enough.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Traveling with my family of 6, the Family parlor suite C had plenty of room for us to get a good night sleep. The location of this hotel is its best feature. I was able to see the Disneyland fireworks from the rear window.(3rd floor) There is a viewing deck on the roof, but we never got back in time to use it. The unit was very clean. My wife likes to cook on our family trips to save on eating out. I told her there was not a real kitchen, just a microwave and a fridge, but they did offer a continental breakfast downstairs. We gave the free breakfast a try the first morning, but it was very limited and we would rather get an early start to the parks than a free subpar breakfast. We had a car, so we popped over to Target and grabbed some frozen breakfast sandwiches to nuke in the microwave on the following days. The pool was very small and often had some very noisy kids screaming and splashing around, so we did not take advantage of that. We made use of the onsite laundry. $2 per load per machine. The self park lot was often full, which meant free valet. Everyone who worked there was very pleasant. I believe the price was very reasonable. I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd or 4th level for a great view of the fireworks!
Anaheim
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

All is good but the final price was very superior to the contracted with easytobook.com (486 $ contacted, 624 $ paid). The best is the location near the entry to the Disneyland parks and they speak Spanish in the Lobby of the hotel

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Been to Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!