“Perfect for Short Disney Trips” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Free Breakfast!
Ranked #19 of 112 hotels in Anaheim
San Carlos, California
“Perfect for Short Disney Trips”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I went to Disneyland with my girlfriends in June and stayed at the Desert Palms for the second time and I still loved it. I had gone with my family the year before and the hotel has a variety of rooms for families. The beds were comfortable overall, but not the best i've slept in. Some rooms overlook the back of California Adventure Park. The continental breakfast in the morning gives the day an easy start. Location is perfect since all you have to do is walk past California Adventure and you can purchase a shuttle ticket for 5 dollars per day.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

957 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Sierra Vista, Az
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We were a family of 8. We had 2 adjoining rooms on the bottom floor. My grandson had a blast at the pool. My hsuband and I enjoyed the fireworks from the roof top deck. Laundry room was very useful. We never took advantage of the continental breakfast, but at check in, we received a 10% off coupon for Denny"s, which is right next door. We will surely reserve a room again at Anahein Desert Inn and suites. The location was great. especially after a long day at Disneyland and California Adventures. The parking was a hassle. It seeems there are more rooms than parking spots. Be aware there is a daily parking fee. Yet most of the time we had to have our car parked by the valets, because of lack of parking. Make sure you have cash to tip the valets. The giftshop has disney souveniers, for that last minute purchase. Some t-shirts were even 3 for $10.

Ferguson, Missouri, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

The staff and room were above average, for an inexpensive rate you just can't ask for more. The front desk staff was very kind and accommodating, even stored medication for me that needed refrigeration until our room was ready. The room was very clean, and the beds comfortable. Air conditioning worked great and was nice after a long day in the Disney parks. The breakfast that is offered is not special, but decent continental and of good quality and variety. This isn't a resort, but is great as a landing place for exploring Disney. Only about a 10 minute walk to the front gates if that long. Nice place, and I'd stay again.

Room Tip: We had a room at the end off of the courtyard, it was quiet until everyone started moving out their...
Kingsburg, California, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I wrote a review for 2012 and once again we visited (2013) Disneyland and visited this hotel again since we enjoyed it the last time. As I said before the location of the hotel is perfect especially with little ones. The walk is about a 2 minute walk to Disneyland entrance and walking back with little ones is even better as the distance is very little. We checked in early got our room quickly with no problems. As a matter of fact I was an hour late because of appointments I had made for the salon in Disneyland for my children. I told the hotel my situation and they told me I could check in later, and they immediately took my car and parked it for us. I went straight into Disneyland and came back where they checked me in. The rooms were bigger, it was clean, the beds are comfortable and I had no disturbance what so ever during the night.The elevator was not working right but they had it working 30 minutes later. We stayed for 2nd unplanned night and had no trouble renting the same room for the 2nd night. The staff was excellent, and attended to us immediately with no trouble. Parking is wonderful no waits, and the pay for parking for the day we checked out was only 10 dollars. Once again I am satisfied. This hotel just to let people know is a family motel and the amenities are basic but good enough.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Traveling with my family of 6, the Family parlor suite C had plenty of room for us to get a good night sleep. The location of this hotel is its best feature. I was able to see the Disneyland fireworks from the rear window.(3rd floor) There is a viewing deck on the roof, but we never got back in time to use it. The unit was very clean. My wife likes to cook on our family trips to save on eating out. I told her there was not a real kitchen, just a microwave and a fridge, but they did offer a continental breakfast downstairs. We gave the free breakfast a try the first morning, but it was very limited and we would rather get an early start to the parks than a free subpar breakfast. We had a car, so we popped over to Target and grabbed some frozen breakfast sandwiches to nuke in the microwave on the following days. The pool was very small and often had some very noisy kids screaming and splashing around, so we did not take advantage of that. We made use of the onsite laundry. $2 per load per machine. The self park lot was often full, which meant free valet. Everyone who worked there was very pleasant. I believe the price was very reasonable. I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd or 4th level for a great view of the fireworks!
Anaheim
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

All is good but the final price was very superior to the contracted with easytobook.com (486 $ contacted, 624 $ paid). The best is the location near the entry to the Disneyland parks and they speak Spanish in the Lobby of the hotel

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have stayed here at least 6 times now over the last couple of years. My previous review was “worn but decent”. However our last stay during the first week in July will be our last. We are done with Desert Inn & Suites. My updated review by categories:

Rooms: We reserved a B Suites which in reality is just 2 adjoining queen rooms. Now having stayed here at least 5 times before I would have expected them to provide us with the most decent rooms available, but instead we were giving 2 of the crappiest rooms I have ever seen. It was like entering a dungeon. Soiled carpet, peeling paint, broken security latches, and 1,000 year old beds completed the medieval like atmosphere. The circa 1990 AC squeaked and rattled all night and left a puddle of water outside our room every night.

Noise: in addition to the AC unit we had neighbors who yelled and shouted in the exterior hallways until 1AM. Apparently either there is no security or they simply don’t care.

Wireless internet: forget it. It doesn’t work 95% of the time and when it does the signal is very weak.

Continental breakfast: forget it. Toast, dried cereal and some oranges. IHOP is next door and avoid Captain Kids buffet unless you want Captain Jack’s revenge.

Parking: parking is an absolute joke. They have limited self-parking and valet. When you arrive ask if there is self-parking still available and check down in the lower level garage to confirm. If it all possible you’ll want to self-park. If you valet prepare to have your car buried ten deep in what will look like a used car lot at the end of the night (this is not a knock on the guys who work the valet-they do their best in attempting to defy physics and cram more cars than space available).

Housekeeping; they superficially cleaned a decrepit room. Assume you will be given limited towels and will have to ask for more.

Front desk staff: they get you checked in and checked out. That’s pretty much it. If you are repeat visitor they don’t acknowledge or care. They know they can fill the rooms because of the convenient location to the park so no one there goes out of their way to be extra helpful.
We will not be back to the Desert Inn & Suites

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Been to Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!