“GREAT location for walking to Disneyland!” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
Free Breakfast!
Ranked #19 of 112 hotels in Anaheim
Durham, North Carolina
“GREAT location for walking to Disneyland!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

We stayed here based on the good reviews for this hotel and also because of it's estimated walking distance to Disneyland. Some people said five minutes, some said ten minutes, some said twenty minutes. We are a couple in our mid-20's, and even staying all the way at the back of the hotel property it only took us five minutes to get from our hotel room door to the Disneyland gates. Based on this alone, I give it five stars. It saved us time, money, and the aggravation of riding a shared resort bus to get to the parks each day. Downtown Disney is located here as well, in the same location as the two parks. We loved being able to easily walk to the Disney resort area in the morning and then at the end of a long day at the parks walk back with limited distance and no wait.

The hotel itself: The rooms are average but clean and well maintained and have nice flat screen LCD TV's in them. The noise level outside of the rooms at night could be a bit quieter, but this is a result of the other hotel guests and not something that the staff can control. Bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper, I do this wherever I stay anyhow. The free breakfast in the morning saved us time and money also and while the offerings were simple (toast, apples and oranges, danishes, two kinds of cereal and oatmeal) it was still nice to have a complementary breakfast.

The cheaper price of the rooms plus the proximity to Disney and the free breakfast makes this an excellent choice for a room in Anaheim.If we ever get to go back to Disneyland, I would definitely book here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Teo H, Front Office Manager at Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Hello peppermintblood,

We appreciate you taking the time to post this awesome review, guest noise is indeed something that we cannot control, however we do try to minimize it as much as possible. Thank you for staying with us and we hope that this is one out of many future stays.

957 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Canyon, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

There were 10 of us that traveled to Disneyland last week from Texas and we could NOT have been happier with our stay. Staff was friendly, room was spotless and hotel was very quiet...despite the fact that it is a Disney destination hotel. We didn't have the problems others did with thin walls at all! Beds were pretty firm, but we were happy with that. The only issue is parking...but if the lots were full, they would valet with no additional charges. GREAT value for the price!

Room Tip: We stayed in Parlor Suite A I believe...and it was great!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Hello Jamie A,

I'm glad to hear that our hotel met your expectations and that you had a perfect stay. Our entire staff thanks you for staying with us and for taking the time to write this review. We hope that you'll continue to stay with us and we'll work hard to make each and every one of those stays perfect as well.
Orem, Utah, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I've stayed at the Desert Inn and Suites 4 times now and each time gives me another good reason to come back.

Location wise, this hotel is as close as walking to one of the 3 Disney Hotels. It takes maybe 5 minutes once you've left the park.

It's also surrounded by a Denny's and ihop if you're searching for a cheaper breakfast location. Not to mention plenty of other restaurants within a 2 minute walk.

Price wise, I can typically get a 2 Queen for around $79 a night. That's a great deal considering its location. The rooms are very standard, nothing special. They do the trick for those people who just go, go, go at Disneyland. Plus if you need a nap or rest mid day, walk 7-8 min and you're at your hotel room.

The service here has always been good. The one thing I've always hated though is that they make you buy a locker when you've arrived and your room isn't ready. Most other hotels around there will hold it for free.

The pool is also just okay, nothing special. You can tell the hot tub is dirty most of the time because of all the bubbles in it.

Other than that, this is a great place to stay price and location wise.

• Stayed May 2013
Teo H, Front Office Manager at Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Hello DeanGibbons,

I want to personally thank you for your continued business and I'm happy to hear that our service keeps you coming back. We are always striving for excellence and reviews like yours tell me that we are in the right path. I again thank you and hope that you'll keep coming back to us for the years to come.
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Hi all i would like to start of with that we checked in on the 3rd of May till the 7th of May. We stayed in room 509 top floor front end of the hotel. It was nice and quiet and so so so close to Disneyland Resort that you could almost roll out of bed and you're there. Now for us in room 509 we had instant hot water was so awesome so i don't know why others are saying they had issues with their water. The room with the spa which cost a little extra was so worth it after being on your feet all day and night at Disneyland Resort. The free breakfast was ok for some juice milk and rolls. I would have liked to see some eggs but good thing we had Denny's and IHOP next door on either side :).
For dinner I recommend going to Outback Steak House (yummy!), which is right down the street. As far as the free WiFi goes, it was painfully slow but hey that's life because the whole stay here at this hotel makes you overlook that. The beds for us were just about right. The fridge in our room could have been colder but we used the little freezer for most part that is in the fridge. All in all for the 4 nights at the price of $682 we in room 509 were very happy with the stay. The room and the service at the front desk were good. My only complaint would be when I asked for help to find the room from one of the maids she said she speak no English that's the only thing that annoyed me for about 2 mins i was then fine after that.

Room Tip: I would recommend staying in room 509 but not when I want to book it :P lol
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Bret F,

I appreciate you feedback, it makes our staff feel proud of the quality of service that we offer. We are not a fancy hotel, but we do provide excellent customer service. A big thank you on behalf of the entire Desert Inn Staff and we'll see you soon.
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The location of this hotel is perfect- right across from the entrance to the park! And the rooms are absolutely spotlessly clean. However, among the less pleasant parts of our stay were the fact that the beds were incredibly uncomfortable; the walls are very thin- you could hear a different baby crying every night from various directions; and the breakfast is appallingly bad. Watching a staff person dump a tray of costco pastries onto a tray in front of you? Really not appetizing. If all you want is a place to put your body after an exhausting day at Disney, you cant beat the location, but I can't particularly rave about its comfort level.

Room Tip: try for the top floor- fewer walls to share.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Teo H, Front Office Manager at Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Hi deb r,

We appreciate you taking the time to complete a survey regarding your recent stay with us. On behalf of our entire staff here at the Desert Inn & Suite we apologize for the concerns you have about your experience at this hotel. We have received multiple compliments about our beds and we've had guests purchase the same bed because of its comfort, however we do understand that everybody is different. Should you decide to stay with us again, we would take that opportunity to be of better service to you and your family.
San Carlos, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

There are so many things that I loved about this hotel. It was clean and close to Disneyland. We had a parlor A suite with spa. I was not bothered by any outside noise. The spa is a very large jetted bathtub. Our party of 2 adults and 2 small kids fit just fine in the tub, and it was nice way to relax after the park.

However, the wireless internet did not work at all from our room on the 5th floor. We called the front desk several times, and were told that they would "look into it" or "reset it" but I felt that our complaints were largely ignored. I needed to be able to get some work done after my kids went to sleep, but I obviously can't leave 2 sleeping children in a hotel room and go downstairs to the lobby to use the Internet. We offered to even change rooms if the front desk could put us in a room that had Internet access, but the front desk did not get back to us.

This issue alone means that I am unlikely to stay at this hotel again. The hours that I spent trying to get online, and the lack of the hotel's ability to fix the issue, unfortunately soured what would have otherwise been a perfect stay.

Other reviewers have noted similar issues with the Internet at this hotel. Based on my stay, I do not think that the hotel can honestly represent that they provide Internet access in the guest rooms.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hello Sara J,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Desert Inn, I apologize that your stay was anything less than great and I will personally look into this issue, we will use your review to help us provide a better experience for our future guests. Thank you and I sure hope that you would give us another opportunity to serve you.
Cottonwood, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

Clean, comfortable, and, most importantly, close to the entrance of DLR. It is not a 4 star resort, but for the price it is beyond compare. The pool and the continental breakfast are not much, but the price more than makes up for that. (and who wants to pay for a nice pool when you are that close to Disneyland?) Other reviewers have complained about the beds, but I think they are very comfortable. -This is not our first stay and we have never had a complaint about the beds. Maybe they are firmer than average, I'm really not sure why others thought they are anything less than perfect. One sink is a little cramped when you have 4 in a room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hello Deby W,

Thank you for your review. We are happy that your stay was great and that you have made our hotel your home away from home. We are not perfect but we work very hard at providing great customer service and a clean and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your patronage and we hope to see you soon.

Been to Anaheim Desert Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!