“Walking distance to Disneyland” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Announcement
24 Hour Pool and Spa
Ranked #37 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
“Walking distance to Disneyland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed today NEW

We have stayed here twice and its been great. They have shuttles that take you and bring you back from Disneyland. Both time we have stayed facing the pool wich could get a little noisy but other than that it's awesome because at night time you're able to see the fireworks from Disneyland.

Stayed June 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (364)
Santa Clarita, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

My boyfriend and I decided to take an impromptu 3 day trip to Disneyland for their 60th anniversary and stayed at the Hotel Menage. This wasn't one of our Disney splurge trips which we take in October and December so staying at a more economical hotel was our goal this time around. We read a plethora of good reviews from several websites and decided to book a room for $90/nt + $12/day for parking.

Upon arrival we were greeted warmly by the valet and the warm greetings continued once we checked in at the front desk. The lobby was decent enough, painted with dark colors and they had a Tavern that was connected to the lobby area. The pool area had a very Polynesian feel to it and we were told it was open 24 hours. The friendly front desk agents gave us the keys to our room and we were on our way.

Although the hotel looked decent initially, it was upon closer inspection that we realized a fresh coat of paint can only go so far. When we stepped into the elevators, we could tell right away that this place was old and worn. They were dingy and drab and although it was just an elevator, it still foreshadowed our hotel room experience. When we entered our room, it looked clean and modern enough however, once again, upon closer inspection the imperfections were clear. The furniture was from Ikea and hand dents and dings all over it. The carpet was uneven in several areas and there were stains on some areas of the walls. The bathroom was basic and functional and there was plenty of drawer space which made up for the lack of a real closet.

The one thing that REALLY bothered me was that there were NO FITTED sheets on the bed. They used one flat sheet instead that covered only 3/4 of the bed. I called the front desk and asked them about this and we were told they don't use fitted sheets because the mattresses are so deep. So they called housekeeping after we asked them to bring us two more flat sheets so we could cover the whole bed since they had no fitted sheets. In my opinion, this is gross and pretty cheap on their part and kind of turned me off to the place.

Other than these bothersome aspects, we really had no other issues with the place. The staff was very friendly and the fact that the pool was opened 24 hours was not disruptive in the slightest. Also, DL and DCA were only a 10 minute walk and saved us from having to find parking at the parks. The only time we dreaded the walk was at night when our feet were aching and the walk took 20 minutes because we were walking so slow from sore feet and exhaustion:-P

Overall, if you're looking for a mediocre motel with a decent rate (under $100) then the Hotel Menage would be a decent choice. From all the travel websites I've seen, normally the rate for this motel is over $120 which knowing what I know now I wouldn't pay. For the $90 a night that we paid we felt it was more than sufficient but wouldn't consider paying more than that imo. Decent rate for mediocrity!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the pool and fwy side
  • Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I cannot say thank you enough to the Hotel Menage staff. From calling to handle the special request of an early arrival of half our party, to working out travel arrangements for another half that got stuck, every step of our trip was made easier & more pleasant by the staff on hand. The room was enormous and more than comfortable for a party of four, the property is adjacent to the freeway and still peaceful, and it's a 10 minute walk from the parks. This stay was just wonderful.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

If you're in need of staying in Anaheim or close by I highly recommend Hotel Menage. The staff is welcoming, the rooms are nice and clean, and the hotel is great. The restaurant is also tasty and they have a comfortable bar.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Saskatoon, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Hotel Menage the first time in September 2014, and we loved it, so naturally we decided to come back here in May for our second trip. We got another king room and this time it was a pool view (last time was freeway) so the wifi worked in our room this time (by the pool is best place for it, darn, gotta sit by the pool!), and it was great. We know that a hotel room is a hotel room by now, we barely spent any time in there anyways. The hotel is an easy walk (for us) to Disneyland so we walked to and from the 5 days we were in the park, but it was a nice option to have the ART running also for a small fee ($5 for unlimited rides in 1 day, multi day passes available too). We never had to open the front door for ourselves, the wonderful valet staff always opened it for us and greeted us very kindly. The front desk staff is always great and super helpful and this time was no different. My boyfriend loved the bar service and happy hour (nachos are highly recommended!). I have yet to have any sort of issue with any staff member as they are always courteous and friendly. The restaurant has changed since last time but the food is still very very good and reasonably priced for large portions. The one thing about our room was the same thing everyone says, which is the bed frame can knock your shins or feet. Another Canadian couple we met at the pool put orange "flags" on the corners so they would know to walk a bit wider. The fan in our bathroom didn't work so it got humid after showers, but that was a small thing. Everything else worked perfectly and it was just all in all a perfect place to come after the park. And they are right - there's an amazing view of the fireworks. From our pool view 2nd floor room it was easy to open the door and watch the fireworks. I have recommended this hotel to everyone that has asked for a recommendation, as we have never had 1 issue with the place. For the value especially in that area, it is hard to beat. We never had screaming children around which was nice since this seems to be more "adult oriented" than, say, Carousel or those down the street. We never had an issue crossing the freeway on the way to or from Disney, the only sketchy people were at the bus stop just outside Disney gates anyways. But there are always tons of people around and walking the freeway at the same time, so I always felt safe.

Next time we come back we will be back to Hotel Menage definitely, and my parents will be staying there for their next trip from our pictures and recommendations.

Lindsay

ALSO: e-mail questions were answered very promptly so thank you to those staff!

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

The hotel overcharged for my room charged me an upgrade fee for a room I had booked online at a specific price. Has not responded to my email about it. I have stayed here several times and always loved it. They have changed the restaurant it was expensive and not very good. With all the choices in the area I will not stay here again.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Excellent hotel if you're planning a trip to Disneyland, it's just a short walk away and there are plenty of dining options on the way.

I booked one of the standard rooms and they were very clean and spacious. There was free WiFi in the room and I could connect multiple devices.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Menage? Share your experiences!