“Hotel Menage is Absolutly Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1221 South Harbor Boulevard, Anaheim, CA 92805   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #40 of 115 Hotels in Anaheim
Federal Way
“Hotel Menage is Absolutly Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2008

My son and I had decided to spend our 4th of July in Disneyland, also it being his first time there for him. We had a real long and frustrating day of traveling and also difficulty with another hotel. My son and I found Hotel Menage and that is when our trip to Disneyland started for the better. When we walked in we were greeted by the owner Richard who made everything so pleasent. He and the staff were so catering and helpful in makeing our stay there, the best we have had. The room we stayed in was so beautiful, I could not have asked for better. The food was so exsquisite. Our stay at Hotel Menage was the best I have had, one we will never forget and will definetly return back for again.

• Liked — The entire package
  • Disliked — Haveing to leave
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (386)
Corpus Christi, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2008

Me, my wife and my 9 yr old son stayed here for our trip to Disneyland and Universal Studios. We were there from July 3rd until July 7th. I have no complaints about this hotel, I heard some people complain about the noise for I-5 and the fireworks. Didn't bother me any, we weren't in the room enough to be bothered, so tired from being out all day, that as soon as I got in the room I went to sleep. The rooms were well kept, house keeping came everyday to give us new towels and make the bed. The hotel is walking distance to Disneyland and the location was the best thing about the hotel. I would recommend this hotel to anyone going to Disneyland for a few days.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
Ellicott City, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2008

I was assigned to the Hotel Menage when attending a conference in Anaheim. My two teenagers came with me for vacation plans after the conference. Well, to our delight, the vacation BEGAN at Hotel Menage. It's a beautiful hotel with a fantastic pool, restaurant and tiki bar and the most comfortable beds I've slept on in my life. I'd read the reviews here and was worried about freeway noise complaints -- yes, the 5 runs right by it and, yes, there's a freeway sound if that's what you focus on - but I found it to be no big deal compared the the uniquely decorated, spotless, beautiful hotel and ammenities offered there. We were in walking distance to Disneyland! [but far enough that the only sign of Disney is the fireworks at night that we enjoyed by the gorgeous pool area.] I'm pretty picky and a very light sleeper -- and I was delighted by this hotel and slept like a baby. (a sleeping baby, that is) I dislike generic hotels -- same bedspreads, same design, unimaginative surroundings -- and much prefer an inspired & unique experience. If you prefer the predictable, this hotel is not for you except that the service and ammenities are predictably excellent. The decor is refreshingly chic and imaginative -- and the staff are just wonderful in meeting the needs of their guests.

• Liked — Pool, Comfort, Service, Location
  • Disliked — couldn't stay longer!
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lansing, MI
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2008

I was in Anaheim for a conference and was booked into Hotel Menage. The desk staff were friendly when we checked in but could have been more accommodating about a mix-up in our reservation. On the plus side: rooms were clean & good sized, nice pool and pool-side bar. On the minus side: awful business center - almost nonfunctional; no radio or clock in the room; maid service was barely adequate - one morning they did not leave any washcloths; a freeway runs directly behind the hotel and it can be nearly impossible to have poolside conversations at some times of the day because of road noise. For someone spending most of their days at Disney, Hotel Menage would probably be ok. But it's hard to rate it a good value at these prices.

Stayed June 2008
San Francisco CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2008

We flew in to Orange County for a trip to Disneyland.

We were greated at the Hotel Conceriege and proceeded to check in. We requested a room the furthest away from the freeway as possibe.

The room was great. Very quiet and the 42 inch TV was a real plus. You need to scroll through the channels to get it working properly. Other reviewers have had this problem but really it's not one.
The rooms are very modern and really comfortable. I did not for a second feel as if I were in a remodeled Holiday Inn. Actually the hotel is decorated really nicely. Again Moderne.
We had dinner in the restaurant one evening and all the food was tasty tasty tasty and not that expensive either.
Lunch poolside at the bar is good too. I can highly reccomend the grilled turkey club sandwich. Yum!!!
The pool/hot tub was a nice treat as well.
There is a shuttle to Downtown Disney for about $3 per person or just a 10 minute walk.
Our room did not have a refridgerator but we walked down the street to a little market and bought a styrofoam cooler. Wait theres more...Across the street is a Chevron Station that sells wine and beer so you can have a nite cap in your room. There is also a Starbucks across the street too
One last note. Disneylands Fireworks are awesome and you can see them better from the hotel balcony better than in the Park itself. Loud too.

Enough allready I would stay at this property again without hesitation. It is good for singles, couples and families.

Have Fun and Enjoy it !!!

Jeff & Leo

• Liked — Location and accommodations
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
Grand Rapids
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2008

I was pleased when I was able to reserve a room at a "boutique" hotel in Anaheim. The photos on the website displayed the rooms as quite unique looking and I was looking forward to staying at a resort. I was quite disappointed to find that the boutique resort looked more like a converted Best Western. Though the lobby is nice, the rooms look like masked standard motel rooms. The doors are on the outside of the building, traffic noise is quite loud, especially if staying in one of the rooms overlooking the pool and I-5, and the bathrooms were fairly unimpressive. I will say the beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean, but that is where the luxury started and ended. Also, we received very slow service at the bar, on more than one occasion. The restaurant's food was good however. In my opinion, there are better options in Anaheim for the same amount of money.

• Liked — lobby, restaurant food
  • Disliked — guest rooms, noise
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bellevue, WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2008

Spent an excellent evening in a very updated hotel. Great room decor and amenities. Restaurant was excellent. The location is great for traveling in the Orange County and LA County area. Highly recommend.

• Liked — Professional Staff and Well Appointed Room
  • Disliked — None
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled on business