“Family friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Menage

Save Saved
You added Hotel Menage to your Saves list
Hotel Menage
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1221 South Harbor Boulevard, Anaheim, CA 92805 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Call Hotel:
Ranked #32 of 112 hotels in Anaheim
Sydney, Australia
“Family friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

We loved our stay at the Menage . We felt very relaxed here . Nice pool and poolside bar . The staff was wonderful , very helpful esp Dani at the front desk - she helped us organize a day tour of LA when it was late at night for the next day. She went to so much trouble to get us on a tour that suited us and was always so sweet. The meals were good and we couldn't believe how low the final food and beverages bill was at the end of our stay.It was an easy 5 min shuttle bus to Disneyland and their was a friendly comradarie on the bus , one night it was actually hilarious We would definitely stay here again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
CasaResortsInc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Menage, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
We are thrilled to hear about how you enjoyed your recent stay. Thank you for the kudo's to Dani... we have passed along a note of your compliments to her, and she is deeply appreciative.
We look forward to hosting you again, should your travels bring you back to Southern California. Thank you again for your warm recommendation!
Safe Travels,
Charlotte, Guest Services

1,366 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
Suisun City, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Booked this hotel (more like a motel) trying to save some money. This was a last minute mini vacation for Spring break. I usually choose 4 star hotels like the Hilton and Marriott but I figured a 3.5 star hotel shouldn't be bad or motel quality. Checked in at 6:30 am after a long night of driving and the first thing I do in any hotel I stay in is to remove the duvet or comforter. I pulled back the sheets and immediately noticed how dingy the sheets were. There also was hair and a large stain in the middle of the sheets. The pullout couch also had food crumbs in between the sheets as well! I called the front desk and they sent up housekeeping to change the sheets. The first set of sheets the housekeeper brought up was also dirty so she went back downstairs to get another set of sheets. Mind you it is about 7am and I'm exhausted from driving all night to get there. So after the sheets were changed we get some sleep for a few hours. Wake up around 12:00 pm and talk to the front desk about the incident and request a new room with two beds. The manager gave us a complimentary $50 voucher to eat lunch at their restaurant for the inconvenience and moved us to a "better" room. We patiently waited to have the new room cleaned so we could move in our luggage and be on our way. We got the room key at 3:00, put our luggage in there and left to enjoy downtown Disney an the Pirate dinner adventure show. We returned to the room very late. My two kids were asleep and I myself was ready to knock out and get a good nights rest before spending the day at Disneyland the next day. I pull back the sheets and there was nappy tangled hair that looked like a spider in the sheets! At this point I am irritated, frustrated, angry, disgusted and just beyond upset about this. I go down to speak to the front desk and they offer me a complimentary breakfast! I did not accept! I can pay for my own food! All I want is a clean room to sleep in! All the hotels in Anahiem were booked, it was a Saturday night. I ended up having to spend over $500 a night to stay in the Disneyland hotel. We checked out of Hotel Menge at 1am. Packing everything up and with my sleeping kids, it wasn't fun but I just couldn't sleep there. They were sorry, the front desk was very apologetic but damage was done. How could two different rooms have this problem? My takeaway is that they must not change their sheets! Needless to say that this isn't somewhere I will ever stay again. I was promised a full refund by the manager but only received a partial refund. I am having to waste my time disputing this but I want other people to save themselves the hassle and frustration of this disgusting place and just avoid it all together. I wish I would have shelled out the extra few hundred dollars and stayed at a 4 star.

• Stayed March 2013
CasaResortsInc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Menage, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
Dear LeslieIvonne,
We completely understand your anger and frustration regarding your recent experience at our hotel. You are right, and we agree... clean sheets are expected to be a given at any hotel. Please know we have brought your experience to the attention of our Room Attendant Manager, supervisor and staff, and have subsequently held an intense training session to ensure this does not happen again. We typically pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our hotel rooms, and feel very ashamed that we have slipped in this regard.
We have our laundry outsourced to an outside company, and have brought this incident to the laundry company's attention as well. Your experience is unacceptable, and we are doing everything possible to make sure this is not repeated.
Again, we are so deeply apologetic for our lapse in service and cleanliness during your stay. This is not typical, and our housekeeping department has a renewed diligence to provide a comfortable and clean stay for each and every guest, every day.
Charlotte Gulley
Guest Service Manager
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

There were 2 of us staying in 1 room at this hotel. We were there just to visit Disneyland and meet a few relatives.

When we arrived at the hotel, it was really late at night. Our flight had been delayed so many times so we were very tired. The lobby was kind of dark and we weren't sure where the front desk was because the lobby was loud with music and busy with people. My first impression was "Wow, there's so much people here! Is this the right hotel?" We realized that the front desk was just to our side. It would have been better if we arrived earlier I guess. The front desk was busy with some rowdy guests. When it was finally our turn to check in, the front desk explained that there was a wedding reception going on. The front desk was friendly and we just wanted to get to our room.

The room that was given to us was on the bottom floor, facing the busy street. I can only speak for the room we stayed in - I am not sure if all the rooms are the same. You could hear EVERYTHING in that room. There was a door connecting our room to another room inside which probably explains that. We heard the guests in the next room. In the middle of the night, we heard them unzipping their luggage. We woke up hearing that sound and thought someone was in our room doing that. It was like they were right next to us. After that, we talked in whispers for the remainder of our stay. I also found our room to be very dark. The lights only reached small areas. We kept our curtains closed all of the time because we were on the bottom floor and didn't want strangers peeking in. Our washroom didn't have a fan. The floor is mostly hard flooring and you could see the pipes on the ceiling (which I think is part of the style/design of the room). Another thing, make sure that your door properly closes when you leave the room. We thought our door had closed when we went to eat breakfast, but when we returned (we forgot to grab our breakfast tokens), you could push it open without the key. Good thing we were only gone for a bit and no one had gone inside to take our things.

We were able to use their computers near the lobby and print out our flight paperwork. That was useful.

We found the food good. There was a mixture of hot and cold breakfast food. The breakfast was part of the package we paid. It filled us well before going into Disneyland. During the 2 times we had breakfast, the breakfast options did not change, but we did not mind that at all.

The service is excellent. We had a lot of trouble getting one of our phones to connect to their wireless internet, and they tried their best to help us.

It was a bit of a walk to get to Disneyland - we could have chosen a hotel that is much closer - but we enjoyed the walk and got to look around.

So even though that first night when we checked in, it was too overwhelming, this hotel was an overall decent stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor if possible. I've heard that some rooms that are closer to the highway a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Ok! So lets just start with disneyland fireworks, theyget better eachtime. Most likely because we're at the bar being served by a staff of friendly and knowledgeable bartenders =) but none the less awesome job and kudos to the night team/security and everyone at front desk we had spoke to about a small incident with our room. We had spoke to Jessica about it earlier that day but it was not resolved and all we got at the time was attitude but thankyou Patrick for completly resolving our problem as we returned extremely tired from the magical disneyland. Having stayed here many times before I know the problem with our room was rare but because it was not resolved right away with management im dropping a star from a perfect overall 5. I will return yet again thankyou all and make sure to stay here people I know I will!

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

I stayed her last week for spring break. I got a good deal online and booked a room with king and a sofa sleeper. I arrived at the hotel late from disneyland and I was able to check in with no hastle. The lobby was chic and hip with people at the bar. The front desked showed me in a map where to park my car located at the back. I requested for a quite room away from the street but I was still put in a room located infront of busy Ball St. The hotel is located on the cross intersections of the 5 freeway and Ball street. When I got into my room the first I noticed were what were missing inside, no microwave, refrigerator and also a house phone. I went down to lobby to get ice and was not able to get to an ice machine. I ended up getting ice from the bar which was awkward with people drinking at the bar.

The pool was a plus and checkout was fast and easy. The other downside would be the free Internet was too slow to use.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

First of all I went in with my room previously booked according to an employee by the name of Dominique and when I get there he's all confused about what room he put me in. I literally had my room changed about 4 times, he kept making up excuses for why my room wasn't ready instead of doing his job. Then to top it off when I asked for a manager he looked at me sarcastically, turned around in a circle, and claimed he was the manager. The customer service was so bad I didn't even care to get my money back. I simply left and checked into Marriott down the street. The cost was a little more expensive but the employees were a lot more professional. Make sure to train you employees not to drive away paying customers.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I stayed ther ine night to go to disneyland. The room were good. You can tell that it was an older hotel thats been updated. The downstairs pool bar is great and the walk to disney was not bad. Its not the best hotel ever but its certainly not the worst.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Hotel Menage? Share your experiences!