“First Stay at Hotel Menage for our Disneyland trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Menage

Save Saved
You added Hotel Menage to your Saves list
Hotel Menage
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1221 South Harbor Boulevard, Anaheim, CA 92805 (Formerly Holiday Inn)   |
Call Hotel:
Ranked #32 of 112 hotels in Anaheim
Madera, California
“First Stay at Hotel Menage for our Disneyland trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels in Anaheim area and I was a little disappointed with this hotel. I gave it higher reviews because Housekeeping was wonderful, front desk was wonderful so over all customer service was awesome. Things I didn't like so much: I never stayed at a hotel that couldn't provide two cribs for my twins. I understand they run low but never had this problem. That was a struggle. I don't like the fact you have to pay for parking and pay for the ART to Disneyland. Although you can walk..... when you have a double stroller, back pack etc its not easy and not to safe crossing the freeway entrance and exit on the overpass. Last the rooms seem updated in furniture but bathroom need some updating as well as the paint in the room. Shower water was never hot enough but perk is best removable shower head ever. We stayed in room 255 and I don't recommend any room near because we were near the dumpsters and the trash man and deliveries would come every morning before 7 and be really really loud. Highway noise does not bother me but this was incredibly loud. I thought because we stayed 5 days they would have given us a more comfortable room but awful placement for a room. Overall I was more disappointed but like I said customer service and housekeeping are amazing. For a short trip I might stay here again if I got a good room away from the dumpsters.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CasaResortsInc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Menage, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your review.Your compliments to the housekeeping and front desk staff have been passed along and are very much appreciated.
I apologize that your guest room was not in an ideal location in the hotel; we do our best to place our guests staying multiple nights in the more quiet locations of the property. Parking fees are common in most resort locations, and we have priced our parking fees to be competitive for the Anaheim area - $10 self parking, $12 valet. The ART shuttle is a separate business, not associated with Hotel Menage. They do maintain a very convenient stop right outside our front doors, and the cost seems fair for the service they offer - $5 adults, $2 children, for all day use around the city.
We hope to have the opportunity to host you again; please contact us directly to ensure a room in a quieter area of the hotel.
Warm Regards,
Charlotte, Guest Services

1,360 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
La Puente, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

hotel menage in anaheim ca. is the best this our 3rd time staying there. The kids love going there they like it better than disneyland. lol. Its right off the freeway and you can walk to everything, we gt to leave our car at the hotel and walk to disneyland the next day the kids had so much, it was their first time during the christmas season, they had a blast. The kids love to stay there, the pools are heated all night, thry have great service, great breakfast, and hook you up with good deals. There are restaurants within walking distance even downtown disney is walking disatnce. Looking forward to going back again soon.

sincerly,
the aguirre family

Room Tip: no matter where your room is you cannot hear a thing outside your room so you will get a good nights...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Cameron Park, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Friendly and very helpful staff, always willing to help out with even the smallest things!! Will never stay anywhere else on our Disneyland vacations!! And great rates to boot!! Great bar great food pool is amazing and property is very clean.

• Stayed November 2012
Clackamas, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We made our reservation just a few days before our stay due to some changes in our plans but still got an excellent rate for a Hotel near Disneyland park. The room was really cool, with modern furniture and nice size TV. Only thing I thought was missing was a small refridgerator would have been nice to have. They have a great "Happy Hour" that is kid friendly. My favorites though have to be the outside area around the year round HEATED pool and jacuzzi. It has a realy Island feel, with music playing and a bar area. Almost feels like you are in the south Pacific. Be sure to go swimming at night and depending on what time of year you are staying, watch the Disneyland fireworks from the pool or even your room door. Hotel Menage has the BEST view for watching them outside of the park!! The are literally right above the pool. Only complaint was the freeway is close by but it is drowned out by the other fantastic ammenities this hotel has, especially considering the location. I will go back for sure.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a pool side facing room to get a view of the fireworks. If you are looking for qu...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
CasaResortsInc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Menage, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
We are so happy to hear your family loved our hotel, pool area, and amenities. Thank you for your review and feedback, and we look forward to seeing you next time.
Warm Regards,
Charlotte, Guest Services
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Had read mixed reviews about the Hotel Menage so I was a bit apprehensive about what to expect. Well, I should know better, don't believe everything you read! I was most impressed. From the moment I arrived, felt very welcomed by the doormen. The checkin was very efficient and luckily for me, at 9am and after a 14hr flight, it was great that my room was ready. I had booked a superior room with a kind bed. Although I was travelling by myself, found the room to be huge. A sofa bed was included. I had no problem with the wash basin being located outside of the bathroom. It was between the bathroom and the (open) but smallish hanging wardrobe. I had read some negative comments about this. I can't see what the big deal is. Bathroom itself is small. It has a shower over bath, with a toilet. But it serves its purpose. Anaheim has an excellent and cheap public transport system - ART. You can just about get anywhere in Anaheim for $5, if you do it right...and it's a regular service, no long waiting times for shuttles to get you places. It is within walking distance of Disneyland, and an easy walk. Out the hotel, over the freeway, and about a further 10min comfortable walk. The concierge was only too happy to help with any request you had. Nothing was a problem. Found all the staff to be very friendly and polite.

Room Tip: If you have a room on the pool side, you get an awesome view of the fireworks from Disneyland.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
California010
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at Hotel Ménage! Very friendly staff . Looking forward to staying there when its warmer to enjoy the pool! Can get a bit noisy with the free way bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper .

• Stayed January 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is amazing I enjoyed my stay so much the staff is great and respectful. I saw a homeless guy come in at midnight and the security drew was on top of it to have him leaving the property with the most respect and with out causing a problem he was polite and professional about it I loved my stay will be back for sure.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Hotel Menage? Share your experiences!