“enjoyed my stay at the Castle” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
$20 off room rate
Ranked #12 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
San Francisco
“enjoyed my stay at the Castle”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

This is our family choice of hotel to stay at every time we visit Disneyland. The remodeled rooms are very nice, clean, and the staff is very friendly, efficient and helpful especially Alberta!! (I likelike). We also enjoy our stay here at the Castle because of the affordable prices, which makes it possible for us to return to Disneyland ~8 to 12 times a year. Thank you Castle Inn and Suites and the great staff for making our stay in Anaheim enjoyable and memorable.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
GuestServices1734, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Thank you kindly for your review. We appreciate the time our guests take to provide us their feedback. We are happy to be your families choice for the Disneyland area.

Again, thank you for being our guest and making the Castle Inn & Suites your home away from home.

Kind Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

After a long drive and fighting California traffic, I was not impressed with the welcome I received when checking in. The blonde young lady with glasses was not friendly at all. I had pre-booked and been quoted a specific amount. She presented me a total that was much higher. When I asked why there was a difference, she didn't attempt to even figure it out for me. One of her associates stepped in to figure it out. Then the manager stepped in. They acted annoyed while trying to figure out the discrepancy. They did adjust it to the correct amount, but there was not an apology given. So that set the tone for our stay. The exterior of the hotel needs some work. While walking to our room on the second floor the exterior hallway has some severe bowing. I almost tripped and fell. When entering the room it was extremely dark, I felt like we were staying in the dungeon of the castle! There were only 3 lights, all had low wattage efficiency bulbs. It was so poorly lighted that my daughter had to take off the lamp shade to read. The ceiling was sagging as well. It was a little scary and very disappointing. I tried to find some positives throughout the stay, which was that we didn't have to pay for hotel parking, but nothing else positive stood out. Poor maid service. They re-hung towels that were dirty after the first night and didn't bother to clean very well. I left them a tip on the 3rd day of our stay thinking we would get a better cleaning, but it was not any better. We were really looking forward to a bright, clean and welcoming room/hotel to come back to after our Vidcon days, but it was just depressing to walk back to the dingy exterior then open the hotel door and realize I made a big mistake in booking this hotel. It really took the shine out of our vacation, live and learn!

Room Tip: Learn from my mistake, you get what you pay for.
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I stayed here with my husband & daughter between the 10th-13th of June 2014. Upon arrival we were upgraded to a larger room, 115 on the ground floor and we were really thankful for this as we had been travelling for over 24hrs and we were exhausted. The room was huge, clean with two really comfortable beds. The location is excellent as its close to the Disneyland entrance with various shops & restaurants close by.

However, on the evening of the 12th we returned to our room to find out that both room keys did not work. When I approached the staff at reception, they didn't know why the key cards were de-activated & they seemed to be more interested in checking me for ID, then sorting out the issue. And they didn't seem bothered in apologising. Our IDs were in their safety deposit box. The whole experience left me cold. I have never experienced such bad customer service.

I give the Anaheim Castle Inn & Suites 2 out 5. Great location, huge room but the customer service is bad.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GuestServices1734, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Inn and Suites, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
We would like to thank you for providing your feedback on your recent stay with us. We were happy we could upgrade you and get you some extra space. Thank you for the nice feedback on your room and our location.

We are sorry you felt our customer service was less than perfect. Hotel's have standard operating procedures when it comes to guest safety. Any guest asking for a key to be re-issued for any reason, would need their ID to be checked against the records on file. Not only does this protect you the Guest, it protects the Hotel. If you travel anywhere and a hotel re-issues you a key without checking your ID, you should be very concerned.

Again, we are sorry you felt we did not handle your key situation to your satisfaction.

Vine Grove, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

We had reserved this room a month in advanced because we were planning on coming to California adventure. A friend reserved two rooms for us. We arrived around 4-5pm and checked in. I'll admit that the exterior of the hotel made my heart sink. I've stayed at some pretty horrible hotels so I was definitely nervous. They promptly checked us in and we got our keys. 3rd floor. The parking lot seemed too small for the amount of rooms so we ended up parking across the lot (pretty far away from our rooms). We took our stuff up to the rooms and I was pleasantly surprised by the appearance of the interior. It was. Wry nice looking and updated. My only complaint was a stinky skunk smell in our bathroom but we were in such a rush to explore LA and get something to eat we promptly left. We arrived back late that night and went straight to bed. The next morning I got up early to shower before our big day at Disney. Something caught my eye on the edge of the counter as I set my things on the counter. It appeared to be a smoked joint. I am not sure if it was overlooked by housekeeping or what but it upset me because my three kids (all under 5 yrs old) had been in and out of the bathroom, everywhere and now I was concerned for their safety as far as eating something or touching something that was unsafe for them. After talking to our friends they suggested that it was probably overlooked by housekeeping so we threw it in the toilet and flushed it. I did however take pictures to show how it matched the counter. I am very aware of my surroundings and now even more so. Please parents do a quick look over on your rooms just to make sure. I wish I would've said something to management. Other than that the rooms seemed clean.

• Stayed July 2014
We appreciate the time you took to write your review on your stay with us recently. We are aware our exterior needs a minor face lift, so we are going to be addressing that in the near future. We just completed the in-room renovations end of last year, and we will be sprucing up the exterior within the next year.

We apologize something was missed by housekeeping in your room. This is the first of this scenario that has been brought to our attention, so trust that this was an isolated situation and not a usual occurrence at the Castle Inn & Suites.

Cranbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

This is not the first time I have stayed at this Hotel but it is the first time since the room renovation. It was a lovely, clean and comfortable room. I found all staff to be very accommodating and respectful. It was great to see that guests are now issued with a parking voucher to place in their car insuring a parking space. Would I stay here again, yes! I would also recommend this Hotel to friends back in Australia, although I think Graeme Webb highly recommends Castle Inn and Suites to lots of Aussies.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
We would like to say Thank You! Thank you for posting your great feedback from your recent stay with us. We welcome a lot of Aussies throughout the year, so we are happy you were a new visitor to our Hotel. Mr. Webb is indeed a long time supporter of the Castle Inn & Suites.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kindest Regards,
Folsom, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Upon initial view of the exterior of the hotel, I was a little nervous. It's older and could use a new coat of paint. However, since I have stayed at just about every hotel near Disneyland, I wanted to give it a fair shot. Check in was easy and quick. Got to our family suite (2 rooms with 3 sleeping surfaces - 1 king; 2 queen beds) on the 4th floor. The suite was clean with plenty of towels. The beds were fairly comfortable and there were plenty of pillows and room for 2 adults and 2 older children. There were two sinks which made getting ready easier. There was a microwave and little fridge. When we checked in there was very little parking and the parking stalls are tight, but we finally found one (the hotel was booked). Even though the hotel was full, the rooms were quiet at all times. I was never awakened with noisy kids, running, screaming or anything. I never heard any noise from the rooms next door either. The hotel is conveniently located to many different restaurants all within walking distance on the way to the Disney Parks. We never used the pool or the gift shop. We did need to receive an overnight UPS package and the front desk was courteous by calling us when it arrived, checking our ID when we went to the front desk to pick it up and then asking for a signature. Everyone at the front desk was pleasant. The housekeeping service was efficient and pleasant as well. The wifi in our 4th floor suite was intermittent and slow, but since we were on vacation, it was acceptable.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 460. Internet intermittent, but very quiet suite.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for posting your review from your recent stay with us. We recently finished our in-room enhancements and will be addressing our exterior and common area's in the near future.

Thank you for letting us know your Suite was quiet and that our front desk staff was very helpful.

We hope you will keep us in mind when booking future Disneyland trips.

Warmest Regards,
Redcliff, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

My wife and I are acustomed to high end hotels when we travel, so to say we were annoyed to no end when we arrived at what West Jet vacations said was a great HOTEL close to Disney, that was actually pretty well defined as a motel, would be an understatement. We checked in and were greeted by Alberta, a very pleasant and welcoming member of the staff. The room was very large and has a fridge and microwave...we did not make use of these things because the "Garden Walk" has a plethora of fine dining and is only a 5 minute walk away.
The room was clean and fresh, plenty of hot water for our shower and a descent little hot tub and pool. One thing I would say is a bit of a negative for us other than the usual amenities we are acustomed to, I found it a bit of an inconvenience that there is no safe in the room and you need to use a plastic sort of safety deposit box in the lobby with some other guests with business at the front desk lingering over you while you put stuff in or out.
In a nut shell...stay here...it's clean, friendly, a bit noisy at times with kids running up and down outside your door but close to Disney and the Garden walk shops and restauraunts.
Will we stay here again...probably not...we will sort out with West Jet what a hotel is but that's another story...we spoil ourselves on holidays, but if you are just looking for a place to sleep, you will enjoy this place!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
We would like to say thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback from your recent stay with us. We realize we are not the property for everyone, so thank you for giving us a try. We were happy to read that you found our staff friendly, we offered you a clean room, with plenty of hot water.

Our property is a favorite with WestJet Vacations, but again, we understand you were looking for a different type of property.

Once again, thank you for the opportunity and providing your feedback.

Kind Regards,

Been to Castle Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!