“Don't stay here! There are better choices for the same price.” 2 of 5 stars

Castle Inn and Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1734 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #14 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Don't stay here! There are better choices for the same price.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Needs updating. Hotel is old and dirty! The carpet is the worst part or maybe the poor excuse for a shower! Talk about unfriendly at check in....and don't bother to ask for anything they'll either roll their eyes or make you wait 45 minutes. The one and only good thing is the location, but we soon found out about all of the better options for a similar price. We'll never stay here again. Worst night sleep we've ever had!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestServices1734, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Inn and Suites, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your feedback on your stay with us this past March. We apologize we fell short on your guest experience at our property and we appreciate the feedback you provided. We will share this with our staff to help us in our efforts to improve the guest service experience for our guests.

Thank you again, and we do hope that one day you may give the Castle Inn & Suites another chance.

Regards,

Castle Inn & Suites Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Southern CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We're Disneyland annual passholders and we frequently stay in hotels. We've stayed across the street at the Candy Cane Inn a few times and decided to experience the Castle on this trip.

We checked in at 11:00 am, but our room wasn't ready. Front staff looked tired and unapproachable. I asked if it was possible our room would be ready at an earlier time and I got a quick reply of "No." The staff at Howard Johnsons would have handed me a business card and nicely answered "No, but you're welcome to call us at noon to check if your room is ready." Oh well.

We stayed for one night in the parlor suite located near stairs. The noise didn't bother us, but make sure you close the curtains if you want privacy. The beds aren't comfortable but I expected that based on other reviews. Room size is good enough for a family of five. Room included mini fridge and microwave. We requested more bath towels and housekeeping was quick to deliver. Hotel provided wi-fi but I didn't use it. I agree with many of the reviews that the rooms and TVs are outdated.

Castle Inn is a 10-minute walk to Disneyland. There are many places to eat nearby like Subway, Tony Romas, Dennys, IHOP, and the GardenWalk mall.

I'm not sure if I'd stay here again. But once they renovate their rooms, maybe we'll return.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your recent comments you provided on your stay with us in March. We appreciate you giving us a try this time, and we do apologize we fell short on your overall guest experience of our property.

We have started our room revitalization program, and hope that sometime after summer 2013 you will give the Castle Inn & Suites another chance. Feel free to contact us directly at anytime.

Once again, thank you for your feedback, we hope to welcome you back to the Castle Inn & Suites in the near future.

Regards,

Chatsworth, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Thank you for saving our vacation! I booked through an online site.. I can't mention it, but the fact I used "booked" should say it all. I thought I'd booked the wrong hotel and inquired about what happened if I needed to cancel. Well, the site went ahead and cancelled without hearing from me. I walked into the hotel about 30 minutes after check in and panicked. I had a 2.5 year old, the next day was my birthday and there were several conventions in town. The manager gave me the site's customer service number and I went outside to call them, while my husband stayed inside. The site was useless and I hung up on them. The manager - a wonderful gentleman, was completely sold out, but did have one room without a working AC. We said we'd take it, we didn't care, we just needed some place to sleep. He told us we could switch rooms in the morning or after we came back from the park that night.

We walked up to the room, they brought us a fan to help keep us cool. The room never got super hot, and we were able to open a window. As a matter of fact we stayed in that room the whole time. We were next to the elevator, next to the stairwell and located right above Harbor street. I don't know what the other people's noise complaints were all about. We had no such troubles. People keep saying the rooms are "out-dated" and need to be "updated" and that they look like they are from the 80's. I think they were fine. I'm not super picky. I need a bed, a fridge, a microwave, and a shower. I wasn't expecting a 5 star retreat. The price is AMAZING! The location is wonderful as well. It's like a 10 minute walk to the front of Disneyland. The customer service really blew my socks off - seriously this is how you treat a guest of your hotel.

I like my beds to be a little softer, but I managed to sleep just fine in them. I did ask for more pillows only because I use 2, my husband uses 2, our daughter uses 1 and so does my mom. The tub drained slowly when giving our daughter a bath, but no biggie, just add some more water. Viola! Problem solved. I agree about the slow internet connection. I was only able to sometimes check my email. It's free, and I spent most of my time at the parks. I also agree that yeah the tv selection left a little something to be desired. Once again, it's not really a major concern if you're staying here for the proximity to the parks, because you're supposed to be on rides - NOT watching tv. Our picture wasn't blurry and it didn't shake like some people said. I didn't use the pool or jacuzzi we ran out of time, but they did look nice and clean, and they have a wadding pool for the little ones.

I would definetly come back here if I needed a place to sleep for a Disneyland trip. I would also recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
GuestServices1734, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Thank you!! Thank you!! for your nice review you recently posted on your stay with us. We are happy to hear we were able to "save your vacation". We truly appreciate the time it took to write your comments, and your feedback is extremely helpful when we are doing training with our staff.

We do hope you will return to the Castle Inn & Suites in the near future, and I'm sure you will be happy to hear we have started our room enhancement project due to be completed this summer.
We hope you can come back and experience first-hand our newly remodeled Castle Inn & Suites.

Kind Regards,

Castle Inn & Suites Management
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

My family and I reserved this room at the last minute (as a last resort) due to the Alpine Inn canceling our reservation (see review). There happened to be a convention going on at the same time and all of the major hotel chains I called were sold out of rooms. We were not expecting much given the mixed reviews on several websites. Our own opinion is that the hotel is ok if you want to be near the Disney parks (i.e., within a short walking distance) and only want the basic functions of a hotel (like a bed, toilet, and shower). Do not expect much more. The biggest problem with this hotel is that it needs a major updating. Aesthetics meansa lot to the average consumer and there is no real way for this hotel to even score average without a major update. However, it was a place to sleep and they let us leave our car there for a few hours after we checked out. It was very nice of them. With that said, we would probably not stay here again unless it was a last resort like this time.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
GuestServices1734, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Inn and Suites, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
We would like to thank you for taking the time to send us your comments regarding your stay with us in March. We appreciate the feedback you have provided, and we are taking steps to update our guest rooms. All guest feedback is very important to our future success, so thank you again for submitting your comments. We hope you will give us another opportunity to show you are true hospitality on a future visit to the Disneyland Resort.

Ewa Beach, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Every time my wife and I come to Disneyland we stay here. I have a discount through the airline that I work for. Every stay has been great. Yes, the hotel is a little aged but they do the best they can and are always very kind. One stay we had a issue with our shower pressure and they promptly sent maintenance to repair it! I have NEVER had any issues with this hotel!

The rooms were fairly good size and everything was clean. Even though I knew there were families with kids on either side of us, I couldn't hear them at all unless they were outside. The WiFi left a little to be desired but lets face it, why be visiting Disneyland if you are gonna stay on the internet in your hotel room?!

The location is great! It really is just a very short walk from the parks. I never have an issue with parking within the hotel.

Overall this is a great hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GuestServices1734, Guest Relations Manager at Castle Inn and Suites, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Steven,

We are so happy you and your wife stay with us every time you are in Anaheim. Thank you for posting a review on your recent visit.

We hope you will return later this year, as you will be pleasantly surprised to see new enhancements made to our guest rooms, as well as the Wi Fi feature.

Once again, thank you for your continued support of the Castle Inn & Suites.

Springville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed at this hotel as part of our vacation package. Location was great for leaving the car and walking. Staff was helpful, no hotel has no frills. Plan on paying $2 each for printing boarding passes. Internet service was too slow to ever connect. It was clean, but dated, but since we were just there to sleep, it worked for us.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the recent review you posted regarding your stay with us. We were happy to read the location of our property worked well for you and your family. We are sorry you had issues printing your boarding passes in the gift shop, we would have been happy to print them free of charge for you at the Hotel.

If your plans in the near future bring you back to the Disneyland Resort, we hope you keep the Castle Inn & Suites in mind, you will be pleasantly surprised to see our new enhancements we are currently making to the property.

Yuba City, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Stayed her the 1st part of March. Front desk helpful at times, day shift seemed a little burned out evening shift was so very helpful. We had a room on the 2nd floor, elevators were slow. My room looked the same as I remember it did in the mid 80's. Clean, but dated! I paid $256.00 for 4 nights Thursday thru Sunday, so the price was great. Close to the park, walking distance. Would I stay here again? YES, if I was looking for just a place to crash or on a budget. I would never stay here if I was looking for a updated hotel. I was here for cheer comp, so I spent very little time in the room. Wifi was bad and I was in the middle of the property. Stay calm and travel on!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
We wanted to take a minute to thank you for your recent review you posted on your stay with us the first part of March. We apologize you did not receive top-notch guest service from our day shift. We appreciate the feedback and can use these comments in our training programs.

We hope your future travel plans bring you back to the Disneyland Resort , and if so, you will think of the Castle Inn & Suites, because we will no longer be that "dated hotel" you just experienced. We have started a full enhancement project of our guest rooms, and hope you can come back to experience these first hand.

Once again, thank you for your comments.

Castle Inn & Suites Management Team

Been to Castle Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!