“Friends of the carousel” 4 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1530 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #34 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersGold level
London
“Friends of the carousel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

Another fantstic stay at the carousel, hoping to see the improvements finished when we return in october. You cannot make an omelette without cracking eggs, you cannot improve the carousel (Not that it needs it) without minor inconvence. We always feel that we are in the happiest place on earth.

• Stayed July 2010
oneaussie, Manager at Carousel Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 15, 2010
Love the analogy! We look forward to having you stay with us again in October. Make sure you stop in and say hello when you arrive

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (192)
Silverdale, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2010

Last time we went down to Disneyland we stayed at the Cortona. It was fine, but the location was a little inconvenient. We decided to stay at the Carousel because it is virtually right across the street from the Disney parks.

The day we got there, we arrived just before noon. We spent a little time walking around town waiting for our room and eventually just hung out in the lobby. Many people came and went while we sat there, some getting the keys to their rooms, others were being told to wait. The guys at the front desk told me that they would keep checking on our room and would let us know when it was done. Finally, after being in the lobby about 2 1/2 hours (we were too tired to go play as we had traveled about 10 hours to get there), a female came on shift. Ten minutes later she asked us if we had been helped.........(the other guys that were supposed to be checking on our room were playing at the front desk computer still), we told her we were waiting for our room. She called and checked and told us our room had been cleaned for quite some time................

We also were shuttled to the Anabella to use the pool since the Carousels was still under construction. As we got to the Anabella, we asked the driver how to get hold of him when we were done swimming and he informed us that their company closed in twenty minutes and that it would be up to us to get a cab back! After a couple hours of swimming, we went to the Anabellas front desk where she called us a cab and told us to tell the driver to charge it to the Carousel. The cab driver refused, saying that we would pay him upfront or get out of his cab. I had to go back into the Anabella, get the girl who helped us and have HER come out and talk to the cab driver. She convinced him the Carousel would pay him and we'd finally got to go back home. It was a lousy stay and I will not stay there again. The right hand NEVER knows what the left hand is up to at the Carousel Inn. Either that or they just dont care.

We also got walked in on by housekeeping when the do not disturb sign was on the door. Fun times.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Hercules, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2010

i usually stay at Desert Inn and Suites but we decided to try a different hotel when we planned on going to disneyland Aug 1-3, 2010. we checked Carousel Inn online and the inn looks great and clean and awesome. once we checked in that's when our nightmare started. room was dirty and small, we have to pay $9 for the parking, no free wi-fi, TV signal was worst, carpet was old and dirty, AC not working properly, alley to the room was dirty. this is a case of you get what you pay for (since i paid $99/day). I WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS INN/HOTEL to anyone and to all my friends.

thanks,
vic

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
oneaussie, Manager at Carousel Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 5, 2010
Thank you for your comments on our hotel, your feedback is appreciated and key in making improvements necessary to satisfy our guest’s needs. We do charge for our parking being that we are in the heart of the Anaheim resort, which does include complimentary valet service. Although we do not offer free Wi-Fi in our guest rooms we do have the complimentary internet access at our business center. We will be sure to follow through on the issues you listed with the room to make sure that this is rectified immediately.
Puyallup, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

Stayed 6 nights at the Carousel. Arrived from the airport with several suitcases shortly after noon. I expected not to have a room available and was very pleasantly surprised when the woman staffing the front desk found a room for us that had already been cleaned. We were able to drop off our luggage and rest up a bit before heading to Disneyland. Our room looked like one of the pictures with the white bedding. The beds were comfortable-kids slept great. One of our shutters rattled if the a/c was on too high and would occasionally wake me up. Rooms are on the small side but there was room for our luggage and we ate breakfast from McDonald's a few days in the room. Continental breakfast was okay-they had oatmeal, cheerios, raisin bran, donuts, danish and croissants available. There were also a couple different kinds of bread for toast. We ate at the hotel twice. We didn't try the breakfast burritos. McDonald's is very close if you want an earlier breakfast.
Being without a pool was the worst thing about the hotel. We visited with temps in the 90s and it would have been very nice to be able to relax at our own pool. We took the shuttle once to the Annabella to swim. Carousel staff had to call a taxi to drop us off. The Annabella front desk then called another cab for us when we wanted to go back to the hotel. The trip didn't cost us anything but it isn't very convenient to have to wait for a cab and bring your clothes for a swim. The pool at the Annabella was very pretty. Too bad that hotel isn't closer to the resort. Once the pool is fixed the Carousel would be a good place to stay.
The location of the Carousel was great. We didn't walk very far and we were at the crosswalk to head into the parks.
Our room was clean and the staff at the front desk was very helpful.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay with us here at the Carousel Inn and Suites. The renovations to the roof top pool are set to be completed later this year and I definitely encourage you and your family to return to the Carousel once the pool has been completed. The new contemporary look and décor that is being installed will make this great amenity look amazing! Remember to call direct for your next reservation to take advantage of the best deals available.
El Mirage, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2010

Originally, I had a reservation with the Carousel Inn. We, (a family of five) decided to change our trip around. I canceled my reservation online. However, they said that I did not cancel the reservation. I could not find my cancellation number. So I got charged for a one night No Show fee. So I called them and they said since I did not show up, I got charged for one night. Got transferred to some Manager. She wasn't in so I left a message. Got no return call. Left emails and got no resolution. So I finally left a nasty email stating that I wanted my money back. They replied with an email stating that they called me on three seperate times. However, they left no voice mail so how was supposed to know they called. Cell Phones do not have named caller id! So I am out couple hundred dollars and they will never get my business!! Plus I have told every person that I talk to about Disneyland ( which is hundreds) to never stay at that hotel.

If you stay here, then it is BUYER BEWARE!!!! They are crap!!!!

Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
At The Carousel Inn and Suites our cancellation policy states that all cancellations must be made 72 hours prior to arrival. If a reservation is not cancelled 72 hours prior to arrival there is a charge of one night’s room and tax, which is standard policy for most hotels. If you can provide a valid cancelation number for your reservation than we would be more than happy to refund you the existing charge. Please feel free to contact me directly if you wish to discuss this matter in person.
Boise, Idaho
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

I picked the carousel for the location and the fact that they have been remodled. Location is great. Room may have been remodled but a standard room looks nothing like the pictures on the website carpet needed replaced badly, Construction starts at 8am and the pool is still not open it says so on the website but they still show two pictures like it is, Breakfast was okay not alot of selection unless you like donuts. we ended up eating next door. I could have stayed at a budget hotel and had a nicer room for half the cost.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review of our hotel, your feedback is appreciated. Our location is definitely one of the best in the Disneyland Resort. We are constantly striving to improve the quality of our hotel so that we may offer the best guest experience possible. I will definitely follow up on your comments to make sure that the issues you encountered are being corrected. As mentioned the pool is under construction, however all works are being completed between 8:00am and 4:00pm Monday through Friday. In addition to donuts, we do also offer Croissants, Danish, toast, Cereal, Fruit, Juice, Tea and Coffee.
Olympia, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2010

For my annual trip to Disney I usually stay in a different hotel, but this year I choose the Carousel based on the price and location. I will never stay here again or recommend to anyone. The room wasn't available when we (my 10 year old niece and 14 year nephew) checked in since it was before 4 pm. We knew this would be the case and it was not a problem since we headed to Disneyland. It was close which was nice, but the problem started when we went back in the evening. We were faced with homeless people begging for money, (right outside the hote)l, the rooms were TINY. The beds didn't have blankets only sheets, there was mold in the bathroom the whole hotel seemed rundown. I didn't feel safe sleeping one night there and immediately left and booked at a much better hotel. I would rather spend a bit more for a clean and safe hotel.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of the Carousel Inn and Suites. In an effort to improve our property we are undergoing renovations to give the property a fresh look. All our guest rooms do feature white duvets to provide a crisp clean feel, and we also offer extra blankets in all rooms for added comfort. I will have to look into the room issues you mentioned to verify and correct as necessary.

Been to Carousel Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!