“Disappointed” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Poulsbo, Washington
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2006

We stayed Dec 9 - 16, 2006. We had a reservation for two rooms and had requested connecting ones from the start. When we arrived that Sunday @3pm I again requested connecting. When given our room keys, I asked if they were connecting and I got a simple response finally "we don't have any".
When we got into our room, the armoire door that covers the TV fell off the hinge on one side. We advised the front desk immediately but it stayed that way until we left 6 days later.
The shower was a game of "guess what temperature your water will be now" - it would go from intense hot to ice cold to warm and back through again. We tried taking them earlier in the AM and tried tricking the temp dials but never had success. Also, be aware that the breakfast (while in a nice room with nice view) consists mainly of doughnuts and pastries - after a few days you get a little tired of all the sweet (no milk, no cereal).
Their best advantage is the close proximity to the park - within a real easy walking distance. However, with all other items considered - I have to say we were pretty disappointed and will try another hotel on our next trip.

• Liked — Close to Disneyland
  • Disliked — Bad showers
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Craig_Carbonniere, Front Office Manager at Carousel Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 9, 2007
Thank you for your review of our property. In reading your review it’s obvious that we failed to meet your expectations. I insure you that I have followed up with our Front Desk staff so that I am confident that these issues will not present themselves again. We have assembled our continental breakfast menu to accommodate our wide variety of Guests. Our “Get Up and Go” complimentary continental breakfast consists of several types of pastries, oatmeal, fruits, hardboiled eggs, coffee, juices, tea, and water all served in our Parkview lounge. I apologize for your negative experience and I encourage you to give us another chance so that we may indeed exceed your expectations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Los Angeles
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2006

Called the hotel to check on rates for a 3 queen room. I read on previous reviews that maybe not all room were refurbished. But the manager response gives the impression that all rooms are now refurbished.

I called and talked to the reservation clerk about room vacancies for a 3 queen room and she said that yes there were rooms available on my arrival dates. When I asked if the 3 queen suite rooms were refurbished, she said "yes I believe that all the suites have been refurbished". Then I asked if she would guarantee that my 3 queen bedded room would indeed be refurbished, and she replied, "no I can't guarantee that", I then replied "then all the suites have not been refurbished then?", she couldn't answer that one. Needless to say that our room was in fact not refurbished. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2006
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Craig_Carbonniere, Front Office Manager at Carousel Inn and Suites, responded to this review, January 1, 2007
We thank you for your feedback of our property. It sounds to me as if you were requesting information regarding our 2 bedroom/ 2 bathroom Resort Suite.
To answer your question accurately, yes all of our suites have been updated within the year with pillow top mattresses, luxury bedding, granite countertops, and deluxe toiletries. Here at the Carousel inn and Suites we offer a wide variety of suites ranging from our 2 bedroom Kids Suite which can accommodate 4 people to our 3 bedroom View suite which can accommodate 8 people. I apologize for the miscommunication and I hope that in the future you do decide to stay with us and take advantage of the wide variety of room types our hotel offers.

San Mateo, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2006

This was our families first visit to this hotel. The hotel staff was very nice from check in to checking out. The maids were also very nice.

We reserved two rooms. A suite and a standard room. Originally we were a bit uneasy about booking here becuase they wouldn't guarantee our rooms would be on the same level. It turned out the rooms were both on the 5th floor next door to each other which was great. We got to the hotel at about noon and the suite was ready.

The suite was very spacious. It was also nice to have 2 bathrooms, so we could get ready quicker. The only thing was the air conditioner unit in the master bedroom didn't work, so that room was much warmer than the other. There was also only one remote control for the tv's which was a bit of an inconvienence, but we didn't watch much tv so it was ok.

Bathrooms were very clean, and there was always plenty of towels. The shower head is really high, so it's hard to move it if you are short. The temperature of the water fluctuated a lot while I was taking a shower. It got really hot one time which wasn't good.

Beds were very comfortable. Plenty of pillows and very nice down comforters.

The continental breakfast was Ok. The choices we had were oatmeal, hard boiled eggs, pastrys, apples, oranges, small bagels, doughnuts, orange juice, apple juice, coffee. It's a good start to the day, but I would have liked to see milk and cereal available. The breakfast room is pretty small, but we didn't have a problem as the hotel wasn't that busy.

Overall, I would stay here again if the price is a bit lower. It is a couple hotels down from the crosswalk to enter Disneyland, which was PERFECT for our family to run back and get sweatshirts, etc.

I can see how some people were talking about the lack of parking. We left our car parked in one spot and never moved it.

• Liked — Location, beds
  • Tips/Secrets — There are alo elevators about midway down the hotel, which are faster.
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Craig_Carbonniere, Front Office Manager at Carousel Inn and Suites, responded to this review, December 23, 2006
We thank you for your outstanding review. Our staff is extremely pleased to hear that our service level has met your expectations. We have taken your feedback into much consideration to insure that your next stay will not only meet but also exceed your expectations. We thank you for staying with us here at the Carousel Inn and Suites and we can’t wait to host your family on your next Anaheim Resort visit.
Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2006

We booked this trip for a family reunion based strictly on the location. We were pleased to find that the Carousel was a nice place to stay. It's definitely a motel - don't expect room service, bell hops or views - but for a family with kids it's fine.

The rooms could be slightly cleaner and quieter... we had to ask for clean sheets to replace the very stained ones that were originally on the bed and we were awoken each night by people talking outside. However, the staff was helpful and friendly and the rooms were a good size for our family of 4.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Cleanliness and noise
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Craig_Carbonniere, Front Office Manager at Carousel Inn and Suites, responded to this review, December 4, 2006
We thank you for your review and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our property offers our Guests with all the essential items you have come to expect from many hotels such as in-room hair dryers, coffee machines, and irons. What you might not expect to find is that our hotel also has refrigerators and microwaves in all rooms. In addition our hotel does offer limited Bell Service, a newly added Business Centre, on-site laundry room, on-site Quiznos restaurant, and also amazing views of the resort from both our Parkview Room (complimentary continental breakfast served each day) and Rooftop Pool. Our hotel has always been a favorite for visitors traveling to Anaheim for it’s superb location and deluxe accommodations. We thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will return so that you may take advantage of all that the Carousel Inn and Suites has to offer.
Citrus Heights, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2006

What a great stay at the Carousel Inn!

I was in town for job related workshop. Instead of staying at the hotel where the workshop was at, I stayed right across the street from Disneyland at the Carousel Inn. I figured I could get in a day at Disneyland before I had to work.

First off, I got an awesome rate for my stay, $59 a night! I called them the day before to ask if I could get an early check in as I would be in town around 1pm the next day. There were very accomodating to my request.

Turns out that there was a security breach at Orange County Airport and I had to fly in to Burbank putting me an hour behind schedule and hour less time at Disneyland. When I got to the hotel the front desk staff was very polite and checked me in right away. They were awesome!

I ended up staying in room 136 towards the back of the hotel. What a great room. As I walked in I was surprised as to how big the room was. The room was also very clean. Another great feature was that the vanity area was off to the side of the room in its own little area and off to that was the bathroom. This made the room even that much bigger. Room had a microwave and fridge in the room also.

Also now on grounds at the Carousel Inn is a Quizno's that even serves breakfast subs!!!

As my family travels to Disneyland several times a year, we will most definately be back to Carousel Inn.

• Liked — The room size was great! Very clean. Great location next to Disneyland
  • Disliked — Parking was a bit tight.
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Craig_Carbonniere, Front Office Manager at Carousel Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 24, 2006
What a fantastic review! Here are the Carousel Inn and Suites we are striving each and every day to become the “place to stay” in the Anaheim resort. Our staff takes extra measures to meet our Guests’ requests and are very pleased to hear about your amazing experience with us. Your feedback insures that we are accomplishing our goals. We can’t wait to host you again on your next trip to Anaheim.
Adelaide, SA, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2006

This hotel is right across the road from Disneyland! Free Continental breakfast was great and you can watch the fireworks from the breakfast room or on the roof near the pool at 9pm. Laundry facilities available and the room was neat, comfortable and very clean.

Couldn't get adjoinging rooms or next to each other - 4 were travelling.

• Liked — Location Location Location and close to convenience stores that sell alcohol too!
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
carbo42, Craig Carbonniere, Front Office Manager at Carousel Inn and Suites, responded to this review, November 13, 2006
We thank you for your positive feedback of our property. Our location is superb, just 100 yards from the Disneyland® Resort. Our hotel also has some of the most amazing panoramic views of the Resort from both our roof-top Parkview Room and pool area. We can’t wait to have you back again so that you may continue to have such memorable vacation moments with us.

Sydney Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2006

We chose this hotel as we had stayed here previously and found it to be a good location when visiting Disneyland. We stayed here from Oct 18 - Oct 26 and found the hotel very comfortable, clean and quiet as our room was located at the back part of the hotel rooms 134 & 135. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The renovations did not bother us as they didn't commence until 8am on a weekday and did not happen on the weekends. Even though breakfast was included in our rate and was one of the reasons we chose this hotel we only ate breakfast there 1 day as we found that the hours that they served the breakfast 7-9am finished too early for us and also the day that we did eat here it was very crowded and hard to get a seat so we opted to eat at Mimis and Millies Restaurants which were located near by. All in all this is a good cheap clean hotel for anyone visiting Disneyland.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Breakfast Hours
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Thank you for staying with us again. It is always encouraging for us to hear such positive feedback from our many returning Guests. Our property has always been a favorite in the Anaheim Resort due much in part to our friendly staff, great rooms, and outstanding location. We hope that you choose our hotel once again on your next visit to Anaheim.