“Pathway to the happiest place on earth!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1530 South Harbor Blvd., Anaheim, CA 92802   |
Ranked #36 of 112 Hotels in Anaheim
GreenLeadersGold level
slc
“Pathway to the happiest place on earth!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We have stayed at this motel before, I love it. The beds are comfy and the rooms are clean. They are in process of remodeling the lobby and check in was on the fifth floor. No continental breakfast right now, not sure if that is coming back or not. Doesn't matter it's still a good place to stay and way close to the entrance. There is a small a small pizza place that was pretty busy and to a mini-mart just a door away for forgotten items. Also IHOP is just a small walking distance down the street. Let the magic begin.....

Room Tip: We asked for a room close to the front and they gave it to us.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
Grantsville, Utah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Just returned from a four night stay. Had view suite- room 300. First off, the staff were awesome and very friendly. We had no problems with them at all. No car, so cannot comment on valet staff. The suite.... for 300.00 a night, I would like to have seen it attended to better. It was surface clean, but in need of a good thorough cleaning and some small repairs need to be made. The King bed in the 2nd bedroom is hard as a rock,so if you like a softer mattress, you will prefer the bed by the bathroom or the third room off the living area. There is a small closet by the bathroom and another one in the third bedroom. There is an armoir in the living area to hang additional clothing, but there are no hangers (???). Three bedrooms and one bathroom, so if you are traveling with others who don't have privacy issues, this is a nice set up. The bathroom is small, so only 1 person at a time can fit at the sink comfortably. View? the trees and street traffic. No fireworks while we were there, but I'm sure you'd be able to see them just fine from the room. The water pressure was great and hot was hot, not luke warm like some of the other hotels. Considering the convenience of being within 8-10 minute walk to the gates of Disney, this is really what you are paying for. 3-10 min walk to nearby eateries. Pizza Press, IHop, Dennys, McDonalds, Tony Romas, etc. There is a fridge and a microwave. All in all, this was a good set up for my family of 5 adults. We stayed in a different hotel last time just down the street and it was a dump. This one is definately a "step up"! Would stay here again!!!!!

Room Tip: The view suites are in the front of the hotel. Noise isn't bad, but it's not quiet and peace...
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

It's right across from the entrance to disneyland. Only steps away from the cross walk in. You can view the nights fireworks from the beautiful pool deck. A lot of places say they are across from disney but they are not really at the entrance. This hotel is at the entrance.

The premium room was very nice. It was slightly larger than the typical room, but what we enjoyed were the wonderful beds, and nice room details. I have never had such a great night sleep at a hotel. My daughter with a bad back has never been so comfortable. They are cushion top. Not hard but not too squishy.

The staff were friendly. We didn't need anything really but they were very friendly during check in and out.

The only negative was in the morning the service delivery drop off noise echoed between the buildings. But it was very short time frame.

Room Tip: The premium room doesnt have any rooms above or below providing a quieter than usual experience, wit...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Steve B, Manager at Carousel Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear AlyP_13,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Carousel Inn and Suites. I'm very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the premium rooms and beds, as well as the rooftop view! Please keep in mind the Carousel Inn does offer frequent guest discounts for booking through the hotel directly. Thank you again for providing valuable feedback to us about your stay and we hope to see you again!

British Columbia, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Awesome place to stay if you are visiting Disneyland, literally right there.
Could come back for a nap before going back its only a 5 minute walk,
I LOVE the rooftop pool, you can outlook disney and the fireworks.
Its very relaxing at night. The lobby was cute and small, everything was clean and the rooms are so comfy. Loved the door that separated the bathroom from the room haha.

I do miss the complimentary breakfast that a few years ago they had, that room had an amazing view to disneyland. It really gets you pumped up haha. ( I don't remember if they still do the complimentary breakfast or i slept in alot)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Georgina C, Manager at Carousel Inn and Suites, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear iliketosleepx,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay here at the Carousel Inn and Suites. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the location and got to enjoy our rooftop pool. Unfortunately we no longer offer the breakfast. Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again soon!

Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This hotel is perfect for a stay if you plan on visiting Disneyland. The hotel is literally across the street! The rooms have outside entrances so it is more like a motel. Our room was clean and comfortable and the staff was friendly. The wifi was $6.95 for 12 hours. There is a pizza place attached and also a McDonalds, Denny's, and anIHOP right next door. Location, location, location.There is a small swimming pool located on the top of the building and from there you can see the theme parks and fireworks.

Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Dear SolLight,
Thank you for taking the time to review our recent stay here at the Carousel Inn and Suites. I am happy to hear that you were happy with the accommodations the hotel has to offer. Our location to the park is one of the many perks of stating here! We hope to see you again soon!

Calgary
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel has a great location right across from Disneyland, but there are several other hotels in the same location that I would definitely choose over the Carousel. I have stayed here before and it was fine, but this year it really put a damper on our trip.

It was clean, but it is a big deal to get towels for the pool, and although a coffee maker in the room is nice, they didn't provide any coffee.

The worst experience was upon checkout however, when I was presented with a bill for over $5000 in phone charges. (I did use the phone 4 or 5 times with a prepaid calling card). Obviously there was some mistake, but the staff didn't think so, and were very rude.

They called a supervisor (also rude) and after arguing with them they went to investigate. After leaving me standing there for 15 minutes they finally said it was ok, and I could go. No apology, no explanation, no receipt. This stressed me out all day, and I will not go back to the Carousel. I will stay at the Tropicana, Park Place, Park Vue, or the Desert Inn.

Room Tip: Don't use the room phone.
Dear LinkCanada,
Thank you for choosing the Carousel Inn and Suites for your recent stay at the Disneyland Resort. To my disappointment your stay did not go as planned. I apologize that the phone charges for the room were posted in correctly, I believe there was a glitch in the system at the time. The situation was not handled in the manner it should have been again I do apologize, and that is something we will take care of internally with our staff. Thank you again for the feedback we do appreciate it.

Lacey, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If I save just one person from having to experience this horrid place, the effort spent writing this review will have been worth it.
One point to keep in mind; we booked three rooms at this hotel for our family reunion at Disneyland. However, another family, friends of ours, also stayed there as well and experienced similiar conditions so this is NOT a fluke, one time occurrence.
First, we tried to pay for our stay several times before arriving to get the expense out of the way. They refused to accept payment until after our stay. Not that uncommon in case there are indientals. We also offered to pay when we arrived, refused again. Except they did charge for one night for each room. No big deal. Then, on night five of seven, we get a call from the front desk at 7:00pm, saying they charged us for two rooms on the card provided but the last room charge was declined. I have never, ever experienced a hotel who charged mid-stay (and I'm a vet who has traveled a LOT, so that's saying something). We planned on paying cash becuase we never leave money in our checking account for very long, we move it to savings and other interest bearing accounts. So, we offered to swing by the office and pay the amount due in cash, they refused! Telling us to pay when we leave. The next night, again the front desk calls, only this time they call my wife's parents who are staying in the un-paid for room, trying to get them to pay, again at 7:00pm- waking them up. They're on a fixed income and had no money to even come on the trip and now they're scared to death they're going to be kicked out into the street. As we're enjoying the park, we get this terrified phone call from my in-laws. We get back to the hotel and ask what the hell is going on. Seems the evening manager had just returned after having been gone for a few days and had no idea about any of this. For the poorly managed situation, she did drop about $120 off our $2700+ bill. We asked when should we have paid, she said it was when we arrived! If this were the only problem, I would not return. However, it gets FAR worse.
Everytime we needed ANYTHING, we had to ask twice. When we arrived, we were early so we asked if they could hold our luggage until check-in time. They agreed and we could see they had an area in which they were holding luggage for that reason. The front desk said they would call for bell service. After standing in their "reception area" (located in a suite on the 5th floor becuase they were renovating) for about 20 minutes, getting irritated looks from the staff, we again asked for help. As if we were new to the planet, the same person who agreed to call said, "Oh, you need bell service?" Keep in mind, only one family had checked in since we arrived, the family traveling with us! Once checked in, we needed a crib for my two-year-old son. The in-room and online info said they were available so we called and asked for one. About 30 minutes later, no crib, we called again and, again, as though we hadn't asked, they again agreed to bring one. Next it was pool towels, two calls, towels arrive which we had to sign for. Then the in-room safe broke with our cash, airline tickets (group travel from Southwest, actual tickets), and my wife's purse. Two calls, someone arrives and had to replace the safe which didn't work either so we used one in one of our other rooms.
Speaking of other rooms- the AC went out in one (in a record setting heat wave), the hot water in the bathroom took about 30lbs of pressure to turn on and was reversed (required turing opposite direction from all other hot and cold in the sinks), and housekeeping tried to kick one family out of their room about four hours early so they could clean it which was a nice change since they were only serviced, on average, once every three days.
The front elevator- small and terribly slow but what's worse is that it isn't air conditioned. Craming two strollers and two adults into it is a hellish nightmare of torture.
Pool- rooftop with one umbrella, no table, steps into 4.5 feet deep to six feet, about 20 feet long, only lounge chairs, felt like sittin under a heat lamp any time other than night when it was over crowded, not safe for small kids.
Exercise room- had the biggest tv I saw in the hotel but only one exercise machine and a few weights.
Again, keep in mind this was only our experience but we had another family with us and we chatted with a large group from Australia- we ALL had similiar issues. This is not some singular incident.
Wifi- $6.00 for 12 hours. Yes- 12 hours and you cannot prepay. Only 12 hours at a time and you have to connect to the wifi to pay for it which set off about every virus notification on my laptop.

Now, I get some hotel rep will come on here and apologize and lie through their teeth. The problem with this hotel is that it is horribly mismanaged. It really is a wonderful location and, while it has a bit of age, isn't that bad. It's the management. If I were the owner, I would not only fire every manager in the organization, I'd prosecute them for theft if they accepted even one penny in pay.
Do not stay here. Again, do NOT stay here. The only saving grace for this hotel is that we were able to leave. I'll be posting this review on every site I can find in hopes of saving you the misery we endured. We will never, ever return.

Dear BendTrecker,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here. To my dissatisfaction your stay here did not go as planned. I apologize for the problems you encountered, and that this hotel may have not been the best fit for your stay here at the Disneyland Resort. We will be reviewing your concerns and taking care of the problems internally. Thank you again and have a wonderful day.

Carousel Inn and Suites Management

Been to Carousel Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!